The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Someone tell me this would be completely impractical to wear to MNSSHP and it's silly to spend that much for a dress for one night. I love their dresses, have never bought one, but this one is calling to me! About $100 after discount. View attachment 410945
You’re not going to be happy, but I’m actually going to say it is practical! Without the underskirt the dresses are very lightweight and the pockets make them relatively convenient in the parks! If I was interested in that design I’d totally wear it to a Halloween party!

You’re not going to be happy, but I’m actually going to say it is practical! Without the underskirt the dresses are very lightweight and the pockets make them relatively convenient in the parks! If I was interested in that design I’d totally wear it to a Halloween party!

Thanks for the thoughts. I’m probably looking for confirmation that it’s not a bad choice! lol I’m fairly sure I’d have to adjust the waist as I’m short waisted and every dress I buy that has a waistline needs altered. I’m an experienced seamstress and while adjusting the zipper isn’t my favorite thing to do, it wouldn’t be all that hard, at least I don’t think so. I’m not a fan of sleeveless, but I have a lacy sweater that I think would go well with it. I just hate wearing heavy costumes but like to wear something fun at the same time.

Thanks for the thoughts. I’m probably looking for confirmation that it’s not a bad choice! lol I’m fairly sure I’d have to adjust the waist as I’m short waisted and every dress I buy that has a waistline needs altered. I’m an experienced seamstress and while adjusting the zipper isn’t my favorite thing to do, it wouldn’t be all that hard, at least I don’t think so. I’m not a fan of sleeveless, but I have a lacy sweater that I think would go well with it. I just hate wearing heavy costumes but like to wear something fun at the same time.

Sorry buddy there really hasn't been too much conversation regarding the weight of the fabric nor the fit. I do agree, some of these dresses are of a heavier cotton and with spandex it's on the warmer side. If you live close to a Disney Store, I say buy it and test it out for yourself. Be sure to read the reviews it may run large. If in doubt order two sizes.

Sorry buddy there really hasn't been too much conversation regarding the weight of the fabric nor the fit. I do agree, some of these dresses are of a heavier cotton and with spandex it's on the warmer side. If you live close to a Disney Store, I say buy it and test it out for yourself. Be sure to read the reviews it may run large. If in doubt order two sizes.

I do have a store nearby and would probably order 2 just to be sure. Still thinking about it.

Someone tell me this would be completely impractical to wear to MNSSHP and it's silly to spend that much for a dress for one night. I love their dresses, have never bought one, but this one is calling to me! About $100 after discount. View attachment 410945
Is it impractical? Maybe. So is a wedding dress that people pay thousands of dollars for and wear once. I say, if you can afford to buy it and it will make you happy then you should get it. If you feel that you will never wear it again after the party, you could easily sell it on eBay and get at least half your money back.

Not sure if you have seen it yourself, but this dress is gorgeous in person, the colors are so vivid it is really eye catching. It would be perfect for the party and in pictures.

Is it impractical? Maybe. So is a wedding dress that people pay thousands of dollars for and wear once. I say, if you can afford to buy it and it will make you happy then you should get it. If you feel that you will never wear it again after the party, you could easily sell it on eBay and get at least half your money back.

This^ cannot like this enough!

My mom made my wedding dress, think Romeo & Juliet it was so beautiful. While living with my FIL we stored our belongings in the basement of our new home. So much work had to be done, it took almost a year to complete and then it happened... the basement flooded. The water was mid thigh on me and came to my hubby's knee :crazy2: We lost everything personal! My wedding dress and all photo albums GONE! I had planned on making a christening outfit with the fabric from my wedding dress. :sad1:

This^ cannot like this enough!

My mom made my wedding dress, think Romeo & Juliet it was so beautiful. While living with my FIL we stored our belongings in the basement of our new home. So much work had to be done, it took almost a year to complete and then it happened... the basement flooded. The water was mid thigh on me and came to my hubby's knee :crazy2: We lost everything personal! My wedding dress and all photo albums GONE! I had planned on making a christening outfit with the fabric from my wedding dress. :sad1:
That’s is awful. I’m so sorry that happened to you. I’ve always been paranoid about a fire that would destroy personal things that can’t be replaced. Back before iCloud, I put all of my photos on cd’s and put them in a fireproof safe. It just made me feel better at the time that if I lost my house and my family was safe that’s would still have my photos.

Just going to chime in here and say I wore 3 of the Cherry Street Dress Shop dresses on my last trip! Granted, it was Spring Break, so not the full heat of summer, it I love them and find them comfortable to wear around the park. I usually have shorts or leggings on underneath to prevent chafing, but otherwise, I find them more comfortable than many shorts and T-shirt’s I own. Btw, I didn’t pay full price for all 3 dresses either. One if the outlets often has them. I got orange bird for $25!!

The Haunted Mansion Tightrope, Monsters Inc, Blue/Orange Bird, White Fantasyland Castle, and Pink Fantasyland dresses have all been $25 at the Character Warehouses in Florida the past few weeks. Extremely hard to find one in stock once the eBay resellers and Personal Shoppers go through, though.

Not sure if you have seen it yourself, but this dress is gorgeous in person, the colors are so vivid it is really eye catching. It would be perfect for the party and in pictures.

It came in yesterday and I love it! It is a little big on me, but I was expecting it would be. Shortening the straps is super easy, but adjusting the waist is going to be a little more challenging than I thought with the stretch panels on the sides. I could wear it with only shortening the straps, but it looks so much better with the waist taken in. Thanks to everyone for their input!

It came in yesterday and I love it! It is a little big on me, but I was expecting it would be. Shortening the straps is super easy, but adjusting the waist is going to be a little more challenging than I thought with the stretch panels on the sides. I could wear it with only shortening the straps, but it looks so much better with the waist taken in. Thanks to everyone for their input!

Um, WE want proof! Pictures please! :grouphug:

The Haunted Mansion Tightrope, Monsters Inc, Blue/Orange Bird, White Fantasyland Castle, and Pink Fantasyland dresses have all been $25 at the Character Warehouses in Florida the past few weeks. Extremely hard to find one in stock once the eBay resellers and Personal Shoppers go through, though.
The only Dress Shop stuff Sawgrass had were the shrugs... I was really hoping things wouldn’t be as picked over as Orlando... I did get the Flower and Garden Minnie spirit jersey for $14.99 so still a win as I eyed it the times I toured the festival

I've been wanting the pink Fantasyland dress forever. I so wish I was down there.

Where exactly is this place? I’ve looked before but I don’t think I was at the right place. From what I remember, we went somewhere a bit out of the way, in a strip mall, but they had Disney stuff that looked like it came from our local dollar store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter