The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

I was looking to see if there is any feedback on how these dresses run size wise. I looked at the size chart on the store page.

No one is too old to wear Disney. Just pick an appropriate style. I'm 57 I want the new main Street dress with the cardigan ( I hope the small is right for me. I wear a 4 in dresses).
I am only 5'2" so I may have to have it shortened, I don't want it around my ankles. I wish they gave better description of length and size on website. Usually if a dress is constructed with zipper and not a t-shirt dress the sizes are #'s not s,m,lg etc.

I just got back from a trip last week and I was surprised that I didn't end up getting any dresses. I was so excited to try on the Magic Kingdom dress - I was sure I would love it. Nope. It just fit...strangely. It made my back look lumpy and the gathers at the front of the skirt weren't flattering. I wonder if this was partly my fault and I should have tried it on at a different time...not right after consuming an entire Blaze pizza for lunch! :rotfl2: I did like the new orange bird and the Monsters Inc dress but I didn't love either one enough to pay full price. If I end up getting one (on sale), I'll have to have it altered - the large feels too tight on me but the XL is really roomy in the bust (very similar to my tiki dress - I love it but really do need to have it altered in the bust).

I also noticed that there were some Dress Shop dresses at the Character Warehouse. They had the original orange bird dress (sizes small and extra small) and tons of the Cinderella dresses.

I just got back from a trip last week and I was surprised that I didn't end up getting any dresses. I was so excited to try on the Magic Kingdom dress - I was sure I would love it. Nope. It just fit...strangely. It made my back look lumpy and the gathers at the front of the skirt weren't flattering. I wonder if this was partly my fault and I should have tried it on at a different time...not right after consuming an entire Blaze pizza for lunch! :rotfl2: I did like the new orange bird and the Monsters Inc dress but I didn't love either one enough to pay full price. If I end up getting one (on sale), I'll have to have it altered - the large feels too tight on me but the XL is really roomy in the bust (very similar to my tiki dress - I love it but really do need to have it altered in the bust).

I also noticed that there were some Dress Shop dresses at the Character Warehouse. They had the original orange bird dress (sizes small and extra small) and tons of the Cinderella dresses.

Nope! You're not the only one, I purchased the Magic Kingdom dress via online and I did not care for the elastic inserts on the sides. I agree it gave the back a weird lumpy look so I returned it. I believe @sherlockmiles returned hers too for the same reason?

I was looking to see if there is any feedback on how these dresses run size wise. I looked at the size chart on the store page.

No one is too old to wear Disney. Just pick an appropriate style. I'm 57 I want the new main Street dress with the cardigan ( I hope the small is right for me. I wear a 4 in dresses).
I am only 5'2" so I may have to have it shortened, I don't want it around my ankles. I wish they gave better description of length and size on website. Usually if a dress is constructed with zipper and not a t-shirt dress the sizes are #'s not s,m,lg etc.

Your FIRST post!!! :welcome: Welcome to the DIS!!!

I'm 5'2" and found the Small very accommodating. I've not done anything to the hem but did notice how the fabric bent inward while wearing the crinoline slip which means the hem is too long. I'm currently waiting on my new dress form which will be here tomorrow, then I'll be able to get a better idea how much I need to shorten.

EDIT: Extra fabric equals an accessory in the making! :D

Nope! You're not the only one, I purchased the Magic Kingdom dress via online and I did not care for the elastic inserts on the sides. I agree it gave the back a weird lumpy look so I returned it. I believe @sherlockmiles returned hers too for the same reason?

the whole thing just wasn't right. I have 5 of the dresses so I definitely feel it was that specific dress. I've held off buying the 'small world' dress because it looks like it was made from the same pattern......hopefully on my next visit they's have my size that I can try on before buying. return shipping is getting outrageous.

Ok, I'm glad it's not just me. Still super disappointing though. @sherlockmiles - I didn't try on the small world dress but I thought it looked closer to the style of the Snow White dress (ie. a less pouffy skirt than some of the others). Stylewise, I didn't think it looked like the MK dress.

Ok, I'm glad it's not just me. Still super disappointing though. @sherlockmiles - I didn't try on the small world dress but I thought it looked closer to the style of the Snow White dress (ie. a less pouffy skirt than some of the others). Stylewise, I didn't think it looked like the MK dress.

Thanks - appreciate another view. I will re-evaluate.

I actually did try to buy it through the app last night because they had a skirt in my size that I haven't been able to get, but it came up 'in store only':sad:

Your FIRST post!!! :welcome: Welcome to the DIS!!!

I'm 5'2" and found the Small very accommodating. I've not done anything to the hem but did notice how the fabric bent inward while wearing the crinoline slip which means the hem is too long. I'm currently waiting on my new dress form which will be here tomorrow, then I'll be able to get a better idea how much I need to shorten.

EDIT: Extra fabric equals an accessory in the making! :D

I am glad I'm not the only one that thinks..hmmm. what can I do with the extra fabric when I have it shortened?

View attachment 319277 Dd bought her Tiki dress on Thursday. She thought she was going to get the Small World dress, but upon seeing them in real life, went for the Tiki. It looks lovely on her. She purchased xs.

Oh man, the more I see this dress, the more I need it. I have the original Orange Bird dress, which is the same style as this one so I know it'll fit. I almost bought it when I was there in March, and now I regret that I didnt. She looks great! :)

Oh man, the more I see this dress, the more I need it. I have the original Orange Bird dress, which is the same style as this one so I know it'll fit. I almost bought it when I was there in March, and now I regret that I didnt. She looks great! :)
She has the orange bird dress too. Love the cut of these two dresses.

Me too, and I especially like that the straps are wide enough to wear a regular bra under them as well. As a generously endowed person, I can't do halter dresses. :)

When I was 32B/C (past tense :sad2:), I always preferred wide bra straps and wide straps on dresses too. And because the straps on these dresses are wide you can add a Bra Strap Holder to them.

upload_2018-4-26_14-15-40.png

New to this thread but love the look of the dresses. I am going to go in June with a plan to purchase probably one dress and maybe one skirt, I think.

Good to know as we plan to hit up the outlets on our departure day. Isn't there two outlets? Which one did you go to?

In my opinion many of them run large. I have the Tiki Room (original style) and the teacups dress in an XL, and both are huge on me. I need to get them altered so I can actually wear them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter