The DIS DLRP Awards! VOTING IS CLOSED

dlpSteve

Mr Dedicated to DLP
dlrpawards.jpg

I thought it may be fun to do some awards for DLRP! Just PM me your ballots and I'll collate them and announce the winners (on a little website probably) when voting is over - how about 31st October for the closing date - that gives people 1 Month and 10 days and also means those that are away have time to come back and vote. You don't have to answer all the questions. The first set of questions can include Disney Studios atrractions but I wanted to do a seperate DS section as I feel they won't get that many votes against main park attractions and want to see what people like in the Studios. Feel free to enter more than once if other family members want their say - the more the merrier.

1. Best on-site hotel?
(e.g. Disneyland, New York, Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay, Cheyenne, Santa Fe, Davey Crockett)

2. Best off-site hotel?
(e.g. Explorers, Holiday Inn, Kyriad etc...)

3. Best season?
(e.g. Christmas, Easter, Summer, Halloween etc...)

4. Best restaurant?
(e.g. Blue Lagoon, Auberge de Cendrillon, Luckey Nugget Salon, PLanet Hollywood, Inventions etc...)

5. Best snack outlet?
(e.g. Cable Car Bake Shop, Cookie Kitchen, Market House Deli, New York Style Sandwiches etc...)

6. Best thill ride?
(e.g. Indiana Jones, Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain2 etc...)

7. Best non thrill ride?
(e.g. Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan, Phantom Manor, Flying Carpets etc...)

8. Best non-ride attraction
(e.g. Alice's Curious Labyrinth, Shootin' Gallery, Adventure Isle, The Castle)

9. Best land?
(Main St USA, Frontierland, Adventureland, Fantasyland, Discoveryland)

10. Best shop?
(e.g. Emporium, The Toy Chest, Bixby Brothers, Disney & Co etc...)

11. Best parade?
(e.g. Princess, Cinema, Fantillusion, Christmas, Villain etc...)

12. Best piece of DLRP merchandise?
(e.g. DLRP calendar, DLRP chocolate, Winnie the Pooh hoodie, Mickey Fantasia Pin etc...)

13. Best queuing area?
(e.g. Pirates of the Caribbean, Casey Jnr, Star Tours, Phantom Manor etc...)

14. Best show?
(e.g. Tarzan, Lion King, Animagique, Mickey's Winter Wonderland, Winnie the Pooh etc...)

More added:

15. Best Disney Studios ride?
(e.g. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Studio Tram Tour, Flying Carpets etc...)

16. Best Disney Studios non-ride attraction?
(e.g. Art of Disney Animation, Armageddon (?) ...)

17. Best Disney Studios show?
(e.g. Cinemagique, Animagique, Lilo & Stitch, Moteurs Action etc...)

18. Best Disney Studios area?
(e.g. Front Lot, Studio 1, Production Courtyard, Backlot, Animation Courtyard)

19. Best Disney Studios restaurant/food outlet?
(e.g. Rendez-Vous des Stars, Restaurant de Coulisse, Backlot Express Restaurant etc...)

Two more added, thanks for the idea Emma:

20. What do you most miss?
(e.g. Visionarium, Rock 'n' Roll America etc...)

21. What would you like to see added?
(e.g. Log Flume Ride, ESPN Zone, More Evening Entertainment When Parks Close Early etc...)

Questions 16 and 19 may be a bit pointless - should I take them out? Question 16 seems to suffer from limited choices and question 19 could really be covered by question 4 and 5 - thoughts?

This link may help you choose: http://www.dlp.info/DLP

what a fantastic idea, it will be great to read the results, will get my thinking cap on and PM you will my choices :wizard:

I've sent a PM with my choices - is it ok to submit another with Amber's (DD)answers?

I was going to add that if people want to answer for other family members that's cool - the more the better.

Hehe, great thread, will be v. interesting to see the results! I'll get my whole family to vote, too! :) I'll have to have a good think about my choices! :scratchin

GREAT idea!! :Pinkbounc Love the snazzy logo - makes it look very authentic!!

I love this idea!!! :cheer2: It will really help those of us planning a 1st visit. Helps us to know what "not to miss". Personally, I like the idea of separating the dining in each park. I have a list of MK restaurants we will want to try, but don't have a clue where to grab even a snack in the Studios. From what I've read, I have a feeling that none of the dining places in the Studios would make the list on #'s 4 & 5. Since I'm a DLP novice, I can't really tell, but will #4 include both the MK & DD? How about the hotel restaurants? Sorry, for my clueless questions, but I'm really excited about the possiblilites of this polls. :banana: Thanks to all who participate & help others in their planning. :goodvibes

My intention was that anything in both parks is eligible for the first set of questions but I decided to also add Studios specific questions as they often get forgotten or else wouldn't feature against MK 'big shots'.

When the results are all in I will provide a full breakdown of every ride, attraction, hotel and restaurant that was voted for and how many votes each got and pout it all on a website along with any comments people want to make about any of the options they did or didn't vote for and a photo of each option (will be calling on those of you with vast photo collections for help there). Hopefully it will be both fun to take part in and useful to view, and we can do it every year to see how things change and include new additions to the parks.

:goodvibes What a great idea Steve!

Is it okay if I put a copy of your "ad" in my sig too? To get as many people to vote as possible :cool1:

I need to carefully consider my choices but I will PM when I have decided ;)

Miffy2003 said:
Is it okay if I put a copy of your "ad" in my sig too? To get as many people to vote as possible :cool1:

I'd like to put one in too, if that's possible. It's going to be great to see the results, and sounds like it could be a very useful resource too. Nice one Steve!! :cheer2:

Well done Steve. Canvassing the troops here to poll the votes.
Of course it will be entirely without parental pressure :teeth:

Will post PM once we have all had a chance to consider.

Reid

Thanks for all the votes - making some interesting results but my lips are sealed :rolleyes1

Feel free to use the banner to encourage more voting :cool1:

Click this link and then copy and paste the code into your signature. Same applies to anyone who wants to use it but isn't sure how.

Great idea Steve, I will PM you when I've asked all the family their votes.

Steve, I was just wondering - can our choices be things that are no longer running in the park, or does it have to be current things? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter