The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to go during a P&PP beings we have not done that yet. Sometime during the summer while school is out would be nice as well!

End of Aug. won't work because our schools start back then, sorry Anne Marie :(

Do you have plans for next year yet?
Nope, but I'm considering Thanksgiving week. I was originally thinking July, but we haven't been to the beach in years. So maybe that can be our summer vacation this year. I still will need my Disney fix and the kids APs will be good until next December.

Well I didn't have as much self control.:lmao: I got 2 snowglobes 50% off & then my 30% discount..$22 each!
I have absolutely no where to put them but I love them!
IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

I am so jealous and I have room for it:rotfl:

That is a great price!!!

Love them Anne Marie!

Well I didn't have as much self control.:lmao: I got 2 snowglobes 50% off & then my 30% discount..$22 each!
I have absolutely no where to put them but I love them!
IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

BUT....without the "proper" equipment he won't get the shots he wants and then he won't want to use it and then it will be a money pit.

I'm just being helpful.:laughing:

To be honest.....I bought a not too expensive tripod (do you know how expensive they can be????:scared1: ). I should have bought a more expensive one that has a better more adjustable head. (I have to look into buying a new head for it....). So even though I've carried it into the parks with me I haven't actually take too many shots with it. This Gorrilla pod isn't too expensive and makes a huge difference in what you can hand hold and get a good shot or you can attach it to a railing and get a shot like this:
DSC05100.jpg

I love the Gorilla pod. I've been considering getting that with my inexpensive camera. It looks really neat. I didn't realize that was what you had posted (I didn't look at the link :lmao: before teasing you).

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

(but I looked at it and I want it:rolleyes1 )

Just be sure to check the specs on your camera against what the gorilla pod will hold. I originally bought the "original" one but it wasn't big enough for my camera. When I checked the specs on how much my camera weighs it is too heavy for that one. I bought the SLR one and that works great.

You can find the original one in stores. I bought mine at Best Buy and I saw them in colors (they even have a lime green one) at REI Friday. I did have to buy the SLR one online.

Are you all trying to make it another milestone????

Well, I put up another tree in the kitchen this morning. Then I copied the photopass CD and burned LightScribe copies with a picture of the Castle on it for my brother and sister. Did the grocery shopping, including the stuff I will need to make some of the cookies and Snax mix. Put away all the fall decor and put out all the Christmas stuff so now I am eating lunch and catching up on here. Then I need to get ready for myHoliday Concert for tonight!

How about you, Jen?
How do you do this? Is it a special program that you have to have?

I just checked on the Joby site and they will tell you which one to buy. You tell them the brand of camera you have and then the model and they tell you the one to buy.:thumbsup2

The washer was finally delivered around 6, I have my 2cd load in now. Guess it won't all get done today. I love the fabric softener & bleach dispenser!

So it turns out Kyle can come with me on my trip. I would have bought airfare for him in an instant - even at risk of cancellation - if we would have thought there would be ANY chance. However, he never gets 2 days off in a row while on medicine in the winter, let alone 2 on a weekend AND the weekend I'm booked to travel. Now, of course airfare is completely prohibitive. :guilty: I know I'm nuts for complaining since I will be at WDW, but we NEVER get to see one another ... and I would almost just as soon not go at all than go knowing he could go if we could only find airfare. :guilty:

As I was typing my last reply, I got a ding -- and it included CMH to MCO! However, it looks like they are all past our dates now, and starting with travel beginning next week. I'm thinking the chances look slim, which makes me a little unsure about my trip.... :headache:

ETA: I'm sorry to complain when I know many of you want to go to WDW for the holidays. I'm sure I'm just hormonal or something, but I'm a complete mess about this stupid situation! Ugh! :blush:
I'm so sorry, Jennifer. I didn't even realize you were traveling without him. Here is some :wizard: that you can find something!!!

Evening all...

Jennifer- I hope you can get the airfare to work out.

Jennifer- Love, love, love the pictures. The girls are beautiful!

Debbie- I am glad you are feeling in a better mood. Hope the headaches subside.

Theresa- Hope Jim feels better.

Kristine- You have such a way with words, I can just picture Bill lost amongst a pile of groceries!

Elin- Seems you were mighty productive today.

Jen- Congrats on the new tag!

Anne Marie- Love the snow globes!

Bernadette- Didn't you learn anything from myEmma when she cut her hair back on Easter? ;) :goodvibes Seriously though, it's something I have done before too! Hope it's better by your trip.

Elizabeth- We hit the grocery store today too, had to fill that new fridge. It was quite empty! We are so bad with eating out and I hate it. But I hate cooking even more. Thankfully Eric will cook as long as I plan!

Emma wanted to thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes. She loved reading them all! And she loved the pic of Zac, especially since she got to see it over and over again!

The washer was finally delivered around 6, I have my 2cd load in now. Guess it won't all get done today. I love the fabric softener & bleach dispenser!

Congrat on the new machine.

You just reminded me. I got my Tide Powder High Efficiency laundry soap from Amazon yesterday. I couldn't find it anywhere here and I swear that I read in the instruction book that you had to use powder soap to use the timer setting. I like to put a load in at night on the timer and have it go off before I get up and then I can throw it in the dryer when I get up and have a load done first thing in the morning. WELL....I put the load in the wash, put the powder in and couldn't figure how to set the timer. My washer doesn't have a timer.:headache: I can't find any mention of a timer in the book at all.:confused3 At least Amazon had a pretty good price on the soap and free shipping.

He really does need a 2nd battery.

Couldn't you use the Best Buy coupon for a Wii game?;)

If we don't get the coupon by next weekend he'll buy a battery anyway.:rolleyes:

Elizabeth-your DH might like this for his new camera too. I use it take my nighttime photos and it really helps with hand holding those low light shots. I must have had it at Fantasmic????

http://www.joby.com/

I know. I will authorize a gorilla pod before I authorize an external flash. And of course he needs a BAG to put it all in.:headache: Because the 157 other bags and backpacks already in this house won't possibly work now.:sad2: See? Money pit!:mad:

Love them Anne Marie!

Those are pretty! I can honestly say I have never been bitten by the snow globe bug. I can appreciate them, but I don't want to own them. I am just now getting around to dusting the top of the entertainment center - I do NOT need anything else that requires dusting!:scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter