The Dasani Girl is headed to the beach again! New pics added

TrueEeyore

Dasani Girl
Alot of people from my September Pre-Trip Report wanted me to do a report from our trip to Panama City Beach. I didn't want to clog up my Disney report with it, so I'm posting it here. Anyone can join in if they want! This is just a place to have fun.

So here's the details:

Cast

Me. Heather. 21.
My Husband. Darren. 24.
My Brother. Joe. 25.
My Sister-In-Law. Blair. 22.
My Nephew. Logan. 9 Months (at the time of the trip)
My Parents came to join us on the last couple of days.

Where

Long Beach Resort in Panama City Beach.

How Long

May 3rd-10th

I am trying to get some videos from my camcorder, but it's isn't cooperating. If I ever get it fixed, I will post them!

Chapter 1 coming up!!

Chapter One

Friday night. Packing night! I HATE to pack, I always get a headache. You think, beach=bathing suit and sunblock, right? Not with us! Here's some of the chaos that is packing at our house.

001-d1.jpg

002-d1.jpg

I had my suitcase full when I remembered I forgot all of my jeans. It barely closed.

004-d1.jpg

005-d1.jpg

Darren's infamous 'excited' face:

006-d1.jpg

Hey, look what it is!

007-d1.jpg

We woke up on Saturday morning to loud thunder. I hoped it would pass before we had to drive in it!

We packed our stuff into the car, then went to my brother's house.

Before the luggage:

008-d1.jpg

Don't forget me!

010-d1.jpg

011-d1.jpg

After the luggage (we were bringing theirs too):

013-d1.jpg

Logan and Uncle Darren:

014-d1.jpg

015-d1.jpg

Then we went to my parent's house to say goodbye.

017-d1.jpg

018-d1.jpg

My brother's truck in front of us:

020-d1.jpg

That's ALOT of luggage!

021-d1.jpg

The inevitable rest stop.

022-d1.jpg

Cutie!

023-d1.jpg

He got on this 'weird face' kick during the trip. I don't know what it's for but it cracked me up every time!

024-d1.jpg

025-d1.jpg

027-d1.jpg

028-d1.jpg

3-d1.jpg

We finally arrived at 5:30 (my brother's GPS took us the scenic route lol) and there were bikers EVERYWHERE. I've never seen so many Harley's. We found out later that it was Thunder Beach weekend. Yippee.

Logan decided to drive while we were checking in.

5-d1.jpg

8-d1.jpg

Continued...

Chapter One continued...

Pictures of the condo:

030-d1.jpg

031-d1.jpg

Our room:

033-d1.jpg

Our balcony. No idea why there's bicycles on it. Hey, maybe we could have joined in Biker weekend!

034-d1.jpg

The mini kitchen in our room.

037-d1.jpg

Caught a little thief!

038-d1.jpg

039-d1.jpg

040-d1.jpg

041-d1.jpg

The water looked nasty from all of the rain.

044-d1.jpg

047-d1.jpg

We get settled in then we headed to Wal-Mart for the neccessities. Chips and drinks!

View of the parking lot. This was maybe 2% of the bikes.

056-d1.jpg

059-d1.jpg

We went back to the condo after Wal-Mart and ordered Domino's Pizza. Everybody wanted to watch a movie so I went to take out my contacts before it started. Well, something happened and my contact flew off my finger when I took it off. I looked EVERYWHERE. Darren looked with me. I even checked my eye again to make sure I wasn't imagining things and that I really took it out. No contact.

Come to find out....

061-d1.jpg

Yeah, it was stuck to the top of my hair spray. No idea how it got there, but we wasted a good 10 minutes looking for that thing! :lmao:

Sooo, after that whole ordeal, we went back to the living room to watch We Own the Night. It was ok.

How do you like my jammies??

26-d1.jpg

It's the face again!

24-d1.jpg

25-d1.jpg

We went back to our room and we weren't quite tired yet. So we looked in the closet. Oh hey, games. We thought we'd play checkers. But no checker pieces could be found. So behold, redneck checkers:

062-d1.jpg

The colored pieces are the kings. Clever, right? :rotfl2:

We were knocked out by 1am to the lovely sound of...wait, aren't we supposed to go to sleep with the ocean being our lullaby? Not this night! All we heard were engines being revved up and people screaming. I couldn't WAIT for those darn bikers to leave!

Up next....Alot of beach and a little bit of Willie's!

Great Start! I love all the pictures you post. Your nephew is just too cute. What an adorable "weird" face! :goodvibes

Hey Heather, I'm here for the beach report. :cool1:
Could Logan be any cuter? I love that little face.
The condo looks really nice. Was it a 2 bedroom?
Sorry to hear about those noisy bikers. Hopefully they weren't there the entire trip.
Great start. Can't wait to hear more.

Hey Heather!! Great start!! Love the condo! Which condo did you stay in?
We miss thunder week every year we go! Thank goodness! I have nothing against bikers (my step-father in law has a harley) but my dh's dad lives down in PCB and he said it is terrible that week every year!!

Great start Heather! Can't wait to read the rest.

Here for the beach report!! That Logan is so cute!!! Can't wait to hear more about the beach.

hey Heather!! i'm loving this report so far!! I hope those bikers left soon after you got there.. nothing like wanting to relax on the beach with just the sound of the ocean and all you hear are drunk bikers LOL.. well not all drunk, but my brothers goes to bike week in Myrtle Beach and I hear stories!
Your nephew is SOO cute.. those faces were cracking me up!!

Can't wait to hear more!:surfweb:

Great Start! I love all the pictures you post. Your nephew is just too cute. What an adorable "weird" face! :goodvibes

Thanks so much!! I know, I just love that baby! :cutie:

Hey Heather, I'm here for the beach report. :cool1:
Could Logan be any cuter? I love that little face.
The condo looks really nice. Was it a 2 bedroom?
Sorry to hear about those noisy bikers. Hopefully they weren't there the entire trip.
Great start. Can't wait to hear more.

:woohoo: Thanks for coming! Isn't he a cutie?!
The condo was a three bedroom. My parents stayed in the room with the two full sized beds and we got a queen bed, and my brother and his wife got a queen bed.
The bikers left after Sunday thankfully!

Hi heather! I am here for the beach report!! WOO HOO:cool1:

:yay: Thanks for coming!!

Hey Heather!! Great start!! Love the condo! Which condo did you stay in?
We miss thunder week every year we go! Thank goodness! I have nothing against bikers (my step-father in law has a harley) but my dh's dad lives down in PCB and he said it is terrible that week every year!!

Thanks! It was called Long Beach Resort, right by Wal-Mart and Coyote Ugly. Good thing you miss thunder beach week. We had no idea what that was all about! We were hoping it was at the end. I have nothing against them either, they are just SO loud, and they revved up the engines way too late in the night. No respect.

Great start Heather! Can't wait to read the rest.

Thanks!! :woohoo:

Here for the beach report!! That Logan is so cute!!! Can't wait to hear more about the beach.

Thank you! He is a little sweetheart. :lovestruc

hey Heather!! i'm loving this report so far!! I hope those bikers left soon after you got there.. nothing like wanting to relax on the beach with just the sound of the ocean and all you hear are drunk bikers LOL.. well not all drunk, but my brothers goes to bike week in Myrtle Beach and I hear stories!
Your nephew is SOO cute.. those faces were cracking me up!!

Can't wait to hear more!:surfweb:

Thanks! Yes, they left on Sunday thankfully!!! I hate the noise when we were trying to sleep. I wanted to hear the ocean!
I know, I still laugh when I see the pictures. He does this crazy snorting thing when he makes that face too. It's hilarious! He's such a ham.

Hey Heather. Great report so far. I'm am enjoying living vicariously through all of the other TR's. I just know that my DH thinks I'm a super geek! I seriously think that I need some therapy.

I made it!! Great start, loving the pics. Your nephew is so cute!

So, how was the condo? It looks really nice, did y'all enjoy it there?? Did the bikers ever leave??popcorn::

Oh Cool beans....I love your trip reports:cheer2:

Your nephew is absolutely adorable!!! Love his faces :)

And your room looks amazing!

Heather hope you were wearing jeans will playing checkers!:thumbsup2
Great start.
DH has a harley. We have been to Daytona at bike week a couple of times, not really my thing!

The condo is really nice! So far so good except for the whole biker thing! Jeez.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter