The Collins Institute for Gifted Youngsters RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toby: Toby looked nervously at the professor, he was worried. He didn't want to hurt Max. When she threw her punch he used his strength to stop her hand where it was. He hadn't hurt her. But with his controlled strength she couldn't move her hand.

Max: Max whistled. "Nice," she said in appreciation.

Professor Collins: "Good!" Turning back to the others, she said, "Toby's ability is super-strength, so he could easily stop Max's blow. There are other ways of blocking with powers. In my younger days, before I became a teacher, I was a superhero. One superhero I knew and worked with, Mermaid, could put a wall of water between herself and an enemy, and that wall of water would act as a shield that an enemy could not push through unless they were incredibly strong, or her wall was too weak. I can do something similar, I often wrap myself with psychic energies, so it's like I'm wearing armor, and those who touch it are hurt. Also, there are some people, like our resident teleporter, who can simply not be there when the blow hits. Then there are people like Max. Max is a shapeshifter, she can transform into whatever she likes, and can be mimicking people so well, she even has their exact voice. However, this can not protect her from a physical attack. So let's see what she can come up with. Toby, try to hit Max, and Max, try to block Toby's hit."

Professor Collins: "Good!" Turning back to the others, she said, "Toby's ability is super-strength, so he could easily stop Max's blow. There are other ways of blocking with powers. In my younger days, before I became a teacher, I was a superhero. One superhero I knew and worked with, Mermaid, could put a wall of water between herself and an enemy, and that wall of water would act as a shield that an enemy could not push through unless they were incredibly strong, or her wall was too weak. I can do something similar, I often wrap myself with psychic energies, so it's like I'm wearing armor, and those who touch it are hurt. Also, there are some people, like our resident teleporter, who can simply not be there when the blow hits. Then there are people like Max. Max is a shapeshifter, she can transform into whatever she likes, and can be mimicking people so well, she even has their exact voice. However, this can not protect her from a physical attack. So let's see what she can come up with. Toby, try to hit Max, and Max, try to block Toby's hit."

Alex: Alex grinned and clapped her hands. "Good job Toby!" She said happily before listening to Professor Collins. Hearing about Mermaid's and the Professor's powers she was incredibly impressed.

River: River listened at the mention of her mother's superhero name. Hearing about her parents made her both happy and sad at the same time. She smiled a small smile at the professor.

Toby: "thanks" Toby said to Max, he listened to the professor and then nodded. He threw a punch at Max, careful not to use any of his super strength. He was worried, he wasn't sure how Max was going to block him.

River: River listened at the mention of her mother's superhero name. Hearing about her parents made her both happy and sad at the same time. She smiled a small smile at the professor.

Toby: "thanks" Toby said to Max, he listened to the professor and then nodded. He threw a punch at Max, careful not to use any of his super strength. He was worried, he wasn't sure how Max was going to block him.

Max: As the punch came at her, Max got a radical idea. First, her hand went forward and held back Toby's blow. He would be able to feel a surprising amount of strength behind it for a 14 year old girl, though it was no super strength and would not harm Toby. As she did so, she quickly transformed into Alex, hoping to throw him off a little.

Professor Collins: Professor Collins clapped. "Good job Max!" Elizabeth turned to her students. "Did you see that? Max could not use her powers to physically stop the blow, so she tried to mentally affect her opponent with her ability. Sometimes it will be creative means like that that will make the difference between winning or losing a fight."

Max: As the punch came at her, Max got a radical idea. First, her hand went forward and held back Toby's blow. He would be able to feel a surprising amount of strength behind it for a 14 year old girl, though it was no super strength and would not harm Toby. As she did so, she quickly transformed into Alex, hoping to throw him off a little.

Professor Collins: Professor Collins clapped. "Good job Max!" Elizabeth turned to her students. "Did you see that? Max could not use her powers to physically stop the blow, so she tried to mentally affect her opponent with her ability. Sometimes it will be creative means like that that will make the difference between winning or losing a fight."

Toby: Toby quickly pulled back his punch when he saw Alex standing in front of him. Then he smiled and looked at Max as if saying 'good job'.

Toby: Toby quickly pulled back his punch when he saw Alex standing in front of him. Then he smiled and looked at Max as if saying 'good job'.

Max: Max grinned back at him, glad that he didn't take any offense. She quickly changed back into normal Max, then switched her black curls to her bright blue pixie.

Professor Collins: Professor Collins went quiet for a minute, as she was listening to a thought. Then she nodded decisively, and then said to the students. "Now, I have to take care of business for a moment, while I'm gone start practicing blocking attacks with each other. I'll be right back." Then Professor Collins left the gym and entered the main floor, closing the door t the top of the stairs behind her.

Max: Max grinned back at him, glad that he didn't take any offense. She quickly changed back into normal Max, then switched her black curls to her bright blue pixie.

Professor Collins: Professor Collins went quiet for a minute, as she was listening to a thought. Then she nodded decisively, and then said to the students. "Now, I have to take care of business for a moment, while I'm gone start practicing blocking attacks with each other. I'll be right back." Then Professor Collins left the gym and entered the main floor, closing the door t the top of the stairs behind her.

River: River looked at the professor confused. She felt like something was bothering her. But it wasn't her place to say anything, she told her it was nothing. That the professor would be right back.

Toby: Toby looked to Max "again?" he asked referring to one of them blocking the other.

River: River looked at the professor confused. She felt like something was bothering her. But it wasn't her place to say anything, she told her it was nothing. That the professor would be right back.

Toby: Toby looked to Max "again?" he asked referring to one of them blocking the other.

Max: Max nodded. "Sure, if you want." She said nothing, but her eyes sparkled with mischief.

Daniel: "It'll be all right," Daniel murmured to River.

Max: Max nodded. "Sure, if you want." She said nothing, but her eyes sparkled with mischief.

Daniel: "It'll be all right," Daniel murmured to River.

Toby: "okay" Toby nodded. He threw another punch at Max more confidently now.

River: River shook her head stopping thinking about the professor "okay" she said nodding.

Toby: "okay" Toby nodded. He threw another punch at Max more confidently now.

River: River shook her head stopping thinking about the professor "okay" she said nodding.

Max: This time, Max tried deflecting the blow, by attempting to push his blow to the side.

Max: This time, Max tried deflecting the blow, by attempting to push his blow to the side.

Toby: This was only practice and Toby was not going to punch Max. He could have easily pushed through her deflection with his strength but rather did not. He let Max push his blow to the side and brought his arm down.

Alex: Alex watched as Max had turned into her and her eyes widened in surprise. Seeing Toby draw back she sighed quietly in relief believing Toby would never hit her. Standing up after the Professor left she smiled at Jack," Wanna practice with me?"

Jack: Jack furrowed his eyebrows at her request, he didn't want to hurt her at all. "Only if you do the hitting," He said standing.

Toby: This was only practice and Toby was not going to punch Max. He could have easily pushed through her deflection with his strength but rather did not. He let Max push his blow to the side and brought his arm down.

Max: Max believed Toby was holding back, but it didn't really matter, she had been able to deflect him. He might have allowed it but it was a deflection, and not all of Max's opponents would have Toby's strength.

Max: Max believed Toby was holding back, but it didn't really matter, she had been able to deflect him. He might have allowed it but it was a deflection, and not all of Max's opponents would have Toby's strength.

Toby: Toby smiled at Max in approval.

River: River looked up at Daniel and said quietly "you know that hero Mermaid the professor was talking about. That's my mom." she said with a slight smile.

Toby: Toby smiled at Max in approval.

River: River looked up at Daniel and said quietly "you know that hero Mermaid the professor was talking about. That's my mom." she said with a slight smile.

Daniel: "Oh, really? That's amazing!"

Max: Max smiled back at Toby. Now that they had started over, she was quickly seeing the good things about him.

Daniel: "Oh, really? That's amazing!"

Max: Max smiled back at Toby. Now that they had started over, she was quickly seeing the good things about him.

River: River smiled a sad smile "yeah, but it's weird hearing about them after all of these years."

Toby: Toby was glad to be getting along with Max.

River: River smiled a sad smile "yeah, but it's weird hearing about them after all of these years."

Toby: Toby was glad to be getting along with Max.

Daniel: Daniel gave her a small smile. "Something tells me we're going to have to get used to hearing about them."

Max: "Do want to try blocking this time?" Max asked him politely.

Daniel: Daniel gave her a small smile. "Something tells me we're going to have to get used to hearing about them."

Max: "Do want to try blocking this time?" Max asked him politely.

River: River smiled "it's just so crazy still, it seems so surreal. My parents were heroes" she said almost to herself in disbelief.

Toby: Toby shrugged "if you want" he said

River: River smiled "it's just so crazy still, it seems so surreal. My parents were heroes" she said almost to herself in disbelief.

Toby: Toby shrugged "if you want" he said

Daniel: "You might not want to go around saying that here or you might get some celebrity status," Daniel teased gently.

Max: Max nodded, and when Toby looked like he was ready, Max threw a punch at him.

OOC I forgot what page I was on... What's happening now? All I have is mermaids, heroes, and punching

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter