• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****The April 2015 thread**** come check in and chat!

We've been here since Sunday. That day was packed, but it was the last of the Star Wars convention.
Monday and Tuesday were pretty low crowds and lines weren't bad. TSMM was 25 minutes.
The weather....cloudy and low 70s, upper 60s.

For you guys there this week, how are the crowds? Crazy?

Greetings! Today is our rest day; we've been having a great time in the parks for the last three days! I can help with your crowd question. Sunday was very busy - hard to get around, and long 40+ min waits for the mountains right until closing. But Monday and Tuesday crowds were much lighter - we had no trouble getting multiple FP for RSR, lots of rides were practically walk ons even mid-day, 15 min on mountains (posted 20, but never took that long). Frozen activities were very easy to get FP, and at the gates five min after opening, no line to get in. You can walk around without feeling squished. We are loving it!

In one week from now I will be at Goofy's Kitchen Breakfast! Only 2.5 more days of work before we head to California! We leave on Friday evening but we are spending a few days with family just north of LA before heading down to Disneyland on Monday afternoon. I am working on some fun little extras for my son (almost 3) like a coupon book for treats and souvenirs, some containers for pressed pennies, and the like. I was going to have one of the Mickey Ear hats embroidered with his name and in the room when we arrive, but I am worried they wont fit right since I don't know what size to order because he has a big head :)

Greetings! Today is our rest day; we've been having a great time in the parks for the last three days! I can help with your crowd question. Sunday was very busy - hard to get around, and long 40+ min waits for the mountains right until closing. But Monday and Tuesday crowds were much lighter - we had no trouble getting multiple FP for RSR, lots of rides were practically walk ons even mid-day, 15 min on mountains (posted 20, but never took that long). Frozen activities were very easy to get FP, and at the gates five min after opening, no line to get in. You can walk around without feeling squished. We are loving it!

AWESOME. We are so excited and think we picked a great time with next Tuesday -Thursday. Thanks for the info

Every time someone posts in here i get even more excited and impatient, I don't think time could go any slower. As my toddler has been saying.... 4 More sleeps!

Ahhhh! 4 1/2 more work days, 6 days total until we leave!! We have almost everything packed and the house is well on it's way to being clean & ready...which is difficult with three boys, two dogs, two adults with full time jobs and ONE GIANT SECRET! Can't wait!!! :eek:

4 days until we leave and 6 until we're in the park. I've been feeling like it's so long away and suddenly today I feel like there isn't enough time left to do all the things we need to do. So much preparing we need to do. My sister is watching our dogs and our DS while we're gone so I need to have everything set up for her. Plus cleaning! Ugh my least favorite task ever! Yet somehow I keep reading trip reports because my mind is already 100% in DL!

Good luck with your secret! It's got to be so hard to keep!

I am here now. It is crazy since Saturday the crowds have been so light. I think we have only gotten 2 fast passes (rsr and space mountain). The waits even during the weekend were nothing on the stuff we wanted to go on. Today is a day off, tomorrow is knotts then back to DL for last 2 days.
I hope it holds out crowd-wise! Glad you're experiencing low crowds. :cutie:

We just finished our 3 days here and we walked onto basically everything!! Got a great spot on the rail 1hr before world of color. And you couldn't ask for better weather!!! Amazing trip!

In one week from now I will be at Goofy's Kitchen Breakfast! Only 2.5 more days of work before we head to California! We leave on Friday evening but we are spending a few days with family just north of LA before heading down to Disneyland on Monday afternoon. I am working on some fun little extras for my son (almost 3) like a coupon book for treats and souvenirs, some containers for pressed pennies, and the like. I was going to have one of the Mickey Ear hats embroidered with his name and in the room when we arrive, but I am worried they wont fit right since I don't know what size to order because he has a big head :)

My son has a bigger head too, we bought him a child size hat when he was that age and it still fits. He's 4 now and we bought a one size hat for this trip and had to tighten the elastic and it still kept sliding all around. We bought my six year old a one size hat too and he was able to wear it over his hoodie. So I'd say you'd be safe with a child hat.

Just got home last night. We had a great time, crowds on Sunday the 19th were a little crazy but manageable. Mon-Wed much better. Weather was perfect. We liked the DLH better than PP. my DH and I spent a couple of hours lounging by the pool while our youngest swam, it was heaven. We experienced some ride breakdowns but they seemed to do their best to get things up and running quickly.

We had "standard" view rooms in both hotels but we're on the 6th floor in both and had partial view of CA at the PP and a nice DTD view at the DLH.

Definately use the early entry option if you can, crowds are much lower early.

Back to work this morning :charac2: hope everyone else had a great trip!

Last edited:
Just got home last night. We had a great time, crowds on Sunday the 19th were a little crazy but manageable. Mon-Wed much better. Weather was perfect. We liked the DLH better than PP. my DH and I spent a couple of hours lounging by the pool while our youngest swam, it was heaven. We experienced some ride breakdowns but they seemed to do their best to get things up and running quickly.

We had "standard" view rooms in both hotels but we're on the 6th floor in both and had partial view of CA at the PP and a nice DTD view at the DLH.

Definately use the early entry option if you can, crowds are much lower early.

Back to work this morning :charac2: hope everyone else had a great trip!

Everyone says the elevators are horrible in the PPH and to get downstairs early. I'm staying there next weekend and we plan on being up and out by 0630-0700. What was your experience?

Everyone says the elevators are horrible in the PPH and to get downstairs early. I'm staying there next weekend and we plan on being up and out by 0630-0700. What was your experience?
I had heard that as well but we didn't have any troubles at all with the elevators. Our first day we were downstairs by 6:30 and our second morning we headed down around 8:30. We checked out our third morning to switch to DLH around 8:00 and still no problem. It's funny because we experienced the most crowds at the DLH at night coming back to the room. The lines to get back upstairs were sometimes pretty lengthy but never had an issue at PP. have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter