The Annual Pass thread - information and questions

We finally got our AP's sorted through the CEM site. I think the problem was trying to contact them using the contact facility on their website. I tried that 3 times and did not get a response. Once I emailed them I got my username and password within a few hours. Also trying to use google translate directly on their website was not allowing me to add items to my cart. Once I figured out what I needed to do and just followed the instructions in French I was able to add the passes to the cart. We got our confirmation of purchase email through straight away. Now just to wait for the passes to arrive!

I have a lot of questions to start with. Do you have to live in the U.K. to be able to join the CEM site, or no? And if I buy the AP from there, does it start from when I use it first, or buy it from the site? I am looking to go in June, will I have enough time to do this, or is this another way I should do this?

Hi. I've booked the Eurostar and hotel.

Just need to sort the passes

Does the year start from when we arrive at disney or from when we order them at ce multiavantages?

We are going end of August

Would you advise getting them ASAP?
Thanks

the year starts from your first day at DLP, as thats when you'll swap your temporary passes from CEM, to your full laminated permanent annual passes.

I'd get them now, as you typically have 6 month from the time you buy from CEM, to change the temp passes into permanent ones at DLP.

We finally got our AP's sorted through the CEM site. I think the problem was trying to contact them using the contact facility on their website. I tried that 3 times and did not get a response. Once I emailed them I got my username and password within a few hours. Also trying to use google translate directly on their website was not allowing me to add items to my cart. Once I figured out what I needed to do and just followed the instructions in French I was able to add the passes to the cart. We got our confirmation of purchase email through straight away. Now just to wait for the passes to arrive!

Glad to hear its been sorted out for you :).

I have a lot of questions to start with. Do you have to live in the U.K. to be able to join the CEM site, or no? And if I buy the AP from there, does it start from when I use it first, or buy it from the site? I am looking to go in June, will I have enough time to do this, or is this another way I should do this?

no, CEM is a French site, so you don't have to be living in the UK (or France) to join and use the site.

You will have time to order from CEM, reports are that its typically taking a week or so at the moment from the time you order your passes, to them arriving in the post (to the UK at least). Your passes become permanent on your first day at DLP when you change the temporary ones you get from CEM to permanent laminated passes at the AP office at DLP. From the day they become permanent, you have one year to use them as you like :goodvibes.

Hi, I have just been reading through this thread, and have added it to our long ongoing thread on the TA DLP forum about buying APs so our posters can read yours as well if they wish. Ours is currently on page 25.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTo...ee_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html#49188320

A couple of things I don't think you have mentioned here yet -

If you are staying in a Disney hotel you can use APs on Blackout days, with your Hotel Easy Pass.

Although you get discount for room/breakfast only with AP or Club Actionnaires card, it can still be cheaper to book Disney hotels rooms with sites like Hotels.com or Expedia. The price only goes up by the local tax for each extra person you add.

If travelling by Eurostar ask them for a price for Disney hotel & park tickets for one person, as they can be cheaper than Disney quote. Then add others with APs to the room on arrival. I paid ¬0.99 per night to add myself to a room in the Cheyenne last October, and split the total room cost with my sister who was sharing. She used the 3 day park ticket included, and it cost us £150 each. Eurostar was £69 each return.

One thing to remember - although Santa Fe and Cheyenne rooms are the same (two doubles or double and bunks) the other hotels have some rooms with one Kingsize bed. These may be allocated to single travellers or couples. (caused a bit of a shock when I booked a Disney package for my adult son and myself, and they assumed Mr & Mrs were married... We found they had given us a Kingsize bed room in Sequoia Lodge instead of two doubles, and the hotel was full so we couldn't change rooms!). I did mention on my booking that we were celebrating my son's 21st birthday, but they didn't notice.
So if you are planning to add more people to your room paying the local tax on arrival, (up to room sleeping capacity) make sure you specify two double beds!

Last November I got a better price for 2 nts in Montana Room in Sequoia Lodge for 2 adults room/breakfast with Hotels.com than Disney quoted me with either AP or Shareholders discount. I bought my friend a Fantasy AP from CEM as it was cheaper than the best price I could find for a 3 day park ticket. We got the free child offer one as well (which we didn't need) but it says Free on the back and can only be redeemed with the adult one, so you can't give it to someone else to use for their child unless they are with you.

I have noticed someone currently selling 'Child Annual Passports' on ebay for £79 Fantasy, £89 Dream which sounds a bit suspect, as Disney don't sell separate child ones. Sites like CEM often have offers like the free one for child under 7 or the current offer of child under 12 for ¬35 with each adult one, but the adult and child tickets must be redeemed together. I have asked them where they get them from - waiting for a reply.

Have a look - what do you think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disneylan...WDVW&rd=1&ih=014&category=170594&cmd=ViewItem

Kind regards to all,

Figgy.

Hiya Figgy, I was able to do my DS' free AP separate in January. I had mine and DDs APs made permanent in October but didnt do DS' until January. They never questioned it at the AP office but I could see how this could be abused with reselling.

Thank you for this information kizzabel.

My friend and I both bought our APs with the free child AP offer, and although we didn't ask for the child ones they still sent them. The child tickets both said ' free' on the back.
When we got our APs I asked the CM in the AP Office if we could give the child tickets to friends to use ( I would have given them to forum posters who could use them) but she said no, as they have 'free' on the back so they know they came with a special offer and cannot be exchanged on their own.

So we threw ours away.

The reply I have had from the seller on ebay just says that Disney do have separate child price Annual Passports available (which they are selling) but Disney don't advertise the fact as they want people to buy adult price ones for them. ??

Information on DLRPMagic Annual Passport page says that child and adult APs are the same price in resort. I havn't seen child price ones on sale there either.

Disney definitely do not sell child price annual passes. I've had annual passes for my daughter, direct from DLP, since she was 6.

That's what I thought DLPDaft.
After pointing out the reason for my enquiry was for DLP Forum information, that their reply was not very helpful or convincing, and the fact they are selling the free park maps is putting people off buying tickets or APs from them (seems rather dishonest) I received this much nicer response which your posters may find interesting.

Good afternoon,

We have various agents in France who source our tickets for us, we buy in bulk and receive extra discounts when purchasing tickets. I am unsure of their sources as for obvious reasons this is something that they would not let us know.

I can let you know that we have been trading for a few years now, we were trading as www.disneytickets1.co.uk as a sole trader. We are now a Limited Comany as registered with companies house.

We are 'selling' the map as this puts us at the top of the listings in ebay and allows us to advertise our others tickets through this listing. This is a requirement as ebay advised us that we couldn't list an 'information' advert.

We had yet to have any problems with the tickets that we sell, no one has been refused entry to Disneyland Paris using either the Annual Passes or the Day Tickets.

I hope that this information helps,

Sorry I can't be of too much help, if you would prefer to speak to me, I am avaliable in the office on 01424 408804 until around 17:30 today.

Kind regards,

Paul
--------
So they do appear to be genuine.

the year starts from your first day at DLP, as thats when you'll swap your temporary passes from CEM, to your full laminated permanent annual passes.

I'd get them now, as you typically have 6 month from the time you buy from CEM, to change the temp passes into permanent ones at DLP.

Thank you so much

Thinking of getting Annual Passes from CE multi, can anyone who recently used give an update on how long postage was between ordering and recieving passes?? thank you

I ordered on a Saturday and received them the Thursday of the second week, so 9 working days. They were very friendly and helpful and even answered my questions at almost midnight on a Sunday when I wanted to change my order and get the next level of AP up. Can't recommend them more.

I've had an e-mail to say they are out of stock at the moment but should be getting more in on Friday.

Can anyone tell me how to book resort rooms online for Disney Paris that do not include tickets for the park? We plan to purchase AP for our family of 4 2 adults and 2 kids ages 5 and 7 at time of our 1st visit in October. We will be going at least 2 x since we will be living in Frankfurt for a year and the proximity can't be beat!

I plan to get the passes from CE discount place once we book our tickets to Germany. But can you use the AP to get the hotel discount at the Disney resorts? Our trip in October will also include my Aunt so we will need to stay at the Ranch for a 5 person affordable room.

Will definitely return in April and probably a visit over the Xmas holidays as well.
Possibly a trip in May and June before we leave the area with the holidays.

It will only be a 5 hr drive so we can prob squeeze in a few weekend trips!

Was hoping my Father In Law could use his timeshare for the spring visit but not sure of dates yet because they had some health probs recently and won't commit to a trip.

We will have a personal vehicle so transportation is not a concern. We do plan to visit Paris for at least 2 days our October trip.

We would also consider some off site hotels on our trips when it is just us 4. But would like to have the onsite experience for my aunt

Thanks

Can anyone tell me how to book resort rooms online for Disney Paris that do not include tickets for the park? We plan to purchase AP for our family of 4 2 adults and 2 kids ages 5 and 7 at time of our 1st visit in October. We will be going at least 2 x since we will be living in Frankfurt for a year and the proximity can't be beat!

I plan to get the passes from CE discount place once we book our tickets to Germany. But can you use the AP to get the hotel discount at the Disney resorts? Our trip in October will also include my Aunt so we will need to stay at the Ranch for a 5 person affordable room.

Will definitely return in April and probably a visit over the Xmas holidays as well.
Possibly a trip in May and June before we leave the area with the holidays.

It will only be a 5 hr drive so we can prob squeeze in a few weekend trips!

Was hoping my Father In Law could use his timeshare for the spring visit but not sure of dates yet because they had some health probs recently and won't commit to a trip.

We will have a personal vehicle so transportation is not a concern. We do plan to visit Paris for at least 2 days our October trip.

We would also consider some off site hotels on our trips when it is just us 4. But would like to have the onsite experience for my aunt

Thanks

you can't book room only online with DLP - you have to phone them. You can tell them you are getting an annual pass and ask them for the room only price with annual pass discount. Don't be surprised if its more expensive than a package price for one adult though - the discounts on the rooms/cabins are on full price rooms, and you often get better discounts on packages.
You can book one adult in on a discount package then add the rest of your guests at check-in without park tickets if you are getting annual passes. This would very well for your October trip with your Aunt, as she could use the adult park-hopper duration of stay ticket which comes with the package for the Davy Crockett ranch, and the rest of you with annual passes could be added to the cabin on check-in.

Expedia and other companies sell room only for DLP onsite hotels, so you might get some idea of price through them. (try trivago to get some company names to get prices with).

Thanks! I emailed CE about the 35€ promotion but can't get an exact answer from them if it is good thru June 30 or July 3st. My answer was Oui!

It looks like 155€ for the adults and 2 kids at 35€ plus the 20€ membership so season passes for 400€ vs 800€. Am I missing something?!?!

Will we be disappointed after seeing WDW last year? The kids will be 5&7. And short for their age so I am sure they will still miss out on a lot of rides! :(

I kinda like the idea it isn't as big and our favorite parks were Hollywood Studios and for my DD of course Disney. But will we get bored going multiple times during the year?

We're going to be purchasing the Dream Annual Passes when we go to DLP in September and we're going to buy them at the gates with my shareholders discount.

I'm sure I read somewhere that you get a free soft drink with the Dream Annual Pass when you eat at the main restaurants??? Can anyone confirm whether this is the case please??? Thanks:thumbsup2

We're going to be purchasing the Dream Annual Passes when we go to DLP in September and we're going to buy them at the gates with my shareholders discount.

I'm sure I read somewhere that you get a free soft drink with the Dream Annual Pass when you eat at the main restaurants??? Can anyone confirm whether this is the case please??? Thanks:thumbsup2

yes, its orange juice, and you let your waiter know that you have the Annual Pass when you are seated and have your menus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter