The Annual Pass thread - information and questions

Thanks Elaine and everyone else :goodvibes

This is very helpful and sounds like a good way to save a few more euros :)

Hi, does anybody know if under the current offer of an annual pass for 35 euros for kids, that you have six months to change to a permanent pass? We are going in August and this looks like a brilliant deal. Thank you :)

I have ordered APs on this offer - less than £300 for Fantasy APs for 2A + 2C (age 7 & 4) including the fees - what a bargain!!!

We are also going in August and I e-mailed to check the temporary passes would be okay to exchange then. They replied tonight (!) saying they'd be valid until the end of August :thumbsup2

I would hope that if I'd said I was going in September or any time up to mid-October, they'd send me temporary passes valid until then as it's still within the 6 months :goodvibes

I used Google Translate to have my email conversation with cemultiavantages - that seemed top work well, we understood each other and it all got sorted very quickly. Can't believe I've been paying so much for so many years - I've seen the light! Thanks to cheap APs and off site, we are already thinking of more trips this year.

just giving this a quick bump, as we've decided this should be our general Annual Pass thread :goodvibes. I've edited the first post to add links etc.

I have a general question about using APs in the park...

DH and I are visiting DLP in September for our first adults-only trip! I have an AP and DH will have the tickets from the hotel booking. The thing is we also have the two APs that we bought for the children for our trip last year. So...could I use their APs in the park to get us extra fastpasses?? Would they work or do they have to be scanned in each day first?

Or should we just not do it because it's morally a bit off??

On a similar note, I have a fantasy pass but DS has a Dream one as another kind DISer sent me a spare free under 7s ticket. Will the shops etc accept it if he's not with us?

I have a general question about using APs in the park...

DH and I are visiting DLP in September for our first adults-only trip! I have an AP and DH will have the tickets from the hotel booking. The thing is we also have the two APs that we bought for the children for our trip last year. So...could I use their APs in the park to get us extra fastpasses?? Would they work or do they have to be scanned in each day first?

yes you can do this, but you'd have to use all 4 APs through the turnstiles each day before you could use them all to get fastpasses that day. The problem with that comes if the CMs at the turnstiles insist on taking your AP from you to run it through the turnstile machine, and notice you're going through the turnstile with a child's AP, and not yours.

Or should we just not do it because it's morally a bit off??

On a similar note, I have a fantasy pass but DS has a Dream one as another kind DISer sent me a spare free under 7s ticket. Will the shops etc accept it if he's not with us?

the child's AP can be used for the discounts as long as the child is present, in the shops and restaurants etc.

Does the joining fee for the CEV site last for only the one transaction or can you make another purchase later in the year as well? I need to get an AP for myself, DH, SIL and nephew for August and then for my parents for our October trip. Would I be able to book my parents AP's in a few months time with the same password for joining, or would I need to pay again? Or do you think I could wait a few months when the October passes would be available for purchase and buy them all together (but risking the cheap childs pass disappears or maybe hoping for the free childs pass offer to reappear?)

The CEM site joining fee gives you a year's membership, so you can buy whatever passes you want from them during that one year.

Hi. I'm looking to buy fantasy passes from the cem site. We are 2 adults 3 children. What should I do? Order 2 @125 and 2@35 euros .
What about my other child? There isn't a child full price option. If I order him a 125 euros pass it says adult so am worried he won't be able to use it
Thanks

Hi. I'm looking to buy fantasy passes from the cem site. We are 2 adults 3 children. What should I do? Order 2 @125 and 2@35 euros .
What about my other child? There isn't a child full price option. If I order him a 125 euros pass it says adult so am worried he won't be able to use it
Thanks

he will be able to use an adults pass - there is no difference between an adult and child's pass as far as the ticket is concerned, and he will be able to change the 125 euros annual pass for a permanent annual pass at DLP, with no problems :).

On the CEM site does the email with your user name and password usually come through straight away or do you have to wait a while? I have paid my membership fee but do not have a username or password so can not buy my tickets.

I had to e-mail them to ask for a password because I didn't receive it.

Also, I haven't received my confirmation of purchase for my Annual Passes and am having a very protracted conversation with Customer Services to try to get proof of purchase. Has anyone else had this problem?

On the CEM site does the email with your user name and password usually come through straight away or do you have to wait a while? I have paid my membership fee but do not have a username or password so can not buy my tickets.

I had mine two days later. I would email them. I had a lot of problems with my password (I think it had a space in it which was shown as a symbol in the email or vice versa).

I just sent a contact form to see when the passes are up to as we are off in October and it makes sense to avail of the cheap kids AP with every adults purchased as DD is 8 this year.

Did anyone enquire how many childs APs can be bought or is it 1 for 1? Might try and pick up one for DS aswel if its possible. Will report back when I hear :thumbsup2

there is wording on the child's passes for 35 euros description as follows -

"For the purchase of an adult passport opportunity to buy one child passport (equivalent to adult passport purchased) from 3 to 11 years included 35 € s:"

I take that to mean for every adult pass purchased, you can buy one child's pass for 35 euros.

Couple of quick ap questions,
anyone know how much it is per night to be added to a room?
Is it possible to book room only if you all have aps?
I believe you can get a discount on bookings if done with an ap is it full price only?
Just trying to cost up the trips I'm hoping to talk hubs into! :-)

Couple of quick ap questions,
anyone know how much it is per night to be added to a room?
the local tax is a maximum of 2 euros per adult being booked into the room, per night booked.

Is it possible to book room only if you all have aps?
yes, but you need to phone DLP to ask them the room only price (or Expedia have room only sometimes too).

I believe you can get a discount on bookings if done with an ap is it full price only?
yes, so its often cheaper to book one adult (plus any free kids) onto a package, then buy Annual passes for the rest of your party and add them to the room when you check in (up to a maximum of 4 guests aged 3 or over per room once you have added everyone).

Just trying to cost up the trips I'm hoping to talk hubs into! :-)

hope this helps,

Hi. I've booked the Eurostar and hotel.

Just need to sort the passes

Does the year start from when we arrive at disney or from when we order them at ce multiavantages?

We are going end of August

Would you advise getting them ASAP?
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter