The Angry Thread

Tell him you are going to take showers at his house until the work is finished. That will get him moving! And I wouldn't give him another dime. That is way more than we paid for our bathroom, and it wasn't even family. Besides, from the sound of it he made all this extra work.

I guess the real question is if he did the work during normal business hours? If he did, then I guess he should have charged you, or told you that he'd do iit, but during down time. Dealing with family sucks, any way you look at it.

I was just discussing the actual hours with my wife...He did about 2 hours on the first Friday evening, came beck last Friday and worked from about noon till 7pm, then the next saturday with his helper and worked from about9:30 am til about 5pm.

As an ex contractor, plumbers were always the enemy LOL They would take my nice framing, and cut HUGE holes in it for little tiny pipes :lmao:. We did a job once, framed a second floor on a 1 story house, came back to finish after plumbers were there, the homeowner was asking me why her downstairs bathroom ceiling was sagging, so after some investigation, we pulled the new tub upstairs, and then sub floor, the guy cut 5 2 x 10 joist in HALF took out about 8" of each to run a 4" dwv... No sisters, no boxing no nutting, just put sub floor back and then put tub on top, if the homeowner had actually filled u pthe tub, she would have landed downstairs

During continuing education they showed us pics. of plumbers that had cut out main supports scary. That's why it's good we have inspectors even though waiting on them can be a pain.

I know most contractors don't like inspectors, I never had a problem with em. It is usually the fly by night guys that didn't like them. I have worked commercial sites with 30 different trades on top of each other at the same time, there were 4 different electrical working on 4 diff things. It always cracked me up, it was never your own fault, it was always someone else. I have worked with lots of other trades that I had a great time with... some not so much! My deal was always, I will respect your work, if you respect mine. I had a plumber take a sawzall with a killer wood blade cut out a sink hole in one of my laminate counters and take a 3" chunk off, then blame me!! I watched a painter take a can of paint with paint running down the side set it on one of my solid surface counters. Oh well, I don't have to worry about that any more..... just weather I am going to Disney or not.

I am angry because my wife is making me go camping next Oct in Tenn Ga and Fl rather than just giving me 2 weeks at SSR or BWV.

I know most contractors don't like inspectors, I never had a problem with em. It is usually the fly by night guys that didn't like them. I have worked commercial sites with 30 different trades on top of each other at the same time, there were 4 different electrical working on 4 diff things. It always cracked me up, it was never your own fault, it was always someone else. I have worked with lots of other trades that I had a great time with... some not so much! My deal was always, I will respect your work, if you respect mine. I had a plumber take a sawzall with a killer wood blade cut out a sink hole in one of my laminate counters and take a 3" chunk off, then blame me!! I watched a painter take a can of paint with paint running down the side set it on one of my solid surface counters. Oh well, I don't have to worry about that any more..... just weather I am going to Disney or not.

I dont have to worry about much of that because the company I work for dosent mess with new construction. We are all about repair and fast service mainly commercial but we do alot of residential to. So most of the time I am working by my self:thumbsup2

Working by myself was always the best, I was the only person I could rely on!! LOL I didn't mean any disrespect to plumbers, just a little good natured ribbing. :lmao:

Working by myself was always the best, I was the only person I could rely on!! LOL I didn't mean any disrespect to plumbers, just a little good natured ribbing. :lmao:

No thats cool. Its nice working by yourself because you dont have to wait on anybody.

I am angry because my wife is making me go camping next Oct in Tenn Ga and Fl rather than just giving me 2 weeks at SSR or BWV.

What's "SSR" & "BWV"???

If you've not been to TN & GA in the fall, you're in for a great surprise!!

I'm angry because I finally received my WDW reservations in the mail and my prefered campsite is 90.00 a night for regular season...WHAT :scared1: that seems a little steep for a campsite, my goodness you can almost book a value resort for that. What is going on ?

I'm angry because I finally received my WDW reservations in the mail and my prefered campsite is 90.00 a night for regular season...WHAT :scared1: that seems a little steep for a campsite, my goodness you can almost book a value resort for that. What is going on ?

They got get the money to pay all those people that are cuting the brush somehow.:lmao:

Terri -

When is your ressie for? (MM/DD/YY)? The regular rate for a preferred site, Fri & Sat nites is $80.00. When you add in all the blasted taxes, $90 sounds about right.

Go to this website for more info:

http://www.mousesavers.com/ftwilderness2008.html#campsites

Deb

Well that's just it my rate is for 2009, regular season prefered site for 14 nights 1417.50 and I've payed my deposit and that's not even for a guarentee rate yet. :scared1:

yea, but doesn't that seem kinda steep ?

Oh its steep. But the only thing we can do about it is not go. For our November reservation the total is 900 and something. Not to mention fuel there goes another 700 to 800 dollars. But all and all its still a cheap 2 week vacation.

Well that's just it my rate is for 2009, regular season prefered site for 14 nights 1417.50 and I've payed my deposit and that's not even for a guarentee rate yet. :scared1:

When do they plan on telling you just how much you will be charged?? That's kinda stupid to me.... to take your reservation but not tell you what the price is. :confused3

I know rates went up last Thursday at FtW - - - and most of the snowbirds left the FtW nest!! Oh well.... that makes more room for the rest of us!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter