The Angry Thread

---wife a plumber here---
No one wants to be overcharged. ESPECIALLY by "so called" family:headache: You'd be surprised by how many times my husband gets hugged when he's fixed someones plumbing nightmare---broken water lines, flooded basements, or heaven forbid a well pump that died on a holiday weekend. Yup--thats where he's off to today.
It's much sweeter to get a bonus with the check then grumbles about the price.

And since this is the angry thread.....Here is my rant. Customers who want immediate service but takes months to pay off their bill:mad:

Youre right, Im sorry Lone-Star....let me re-phrase that.....I hate anyone of any profession that costs me disney & cart money!!!!!
I agree with that leave my disney money alone. I am soon going to have to put new tires on my wife's truck and replace the clutch so there goes 2 grand

---wife a plumber here---
No one wants to be overcharged. ESPECIALLY by "so called" family:headache: You'd be surprised by how many times my husband gets hugged when he's fixed someones plumbing nightmare---broken water lines, flooded basements, or heaven forbid a well pump that died on a holiday weekend. Yup--thats where he's off to today.
It's much sweeter to get a bonus with the check then grumbles about the price.

And since this is the angry thread.....Here is my rant. Customers who want immediate service but takes months to pay off their bill:mad:

The people that want immediate service are the worst about everything.

Im PISSED!!!!!! My BIL charged my DW $850 to change a bath tub and toilet....that was his Family price!!!!! And didnt even finish the job!!!! I hate plumbers....I swear, If I ever go to another family function with this moron, and just happen to change a radio station on the stereo...Im sending him a bill for my DJing services....and I make much more per hour than he does!!!

@#!$%^&*%&#(*&^&$@#!er
36_1_28.gif

Yep! That sucks!!! My BIL (a lazy, redneck azz) charges his own mother whenever he does anything at her house,,,, materials & labor!! Then shortly there-after, MIL calls us to come and re-do everything the azz-hole did!!! I told DH that we live too far away now to drop everything, drive 1 1/2 hours just to clean up after his "stoopid" brother who got paid to do the job in the first place. No more!!

Just so yall know I dont charge my family. But my Grandma will not let me leave unless I take some money for the work I did.

a girl at work is going to disney world in april. so, at break, almost every day, she gets me talking about disney. then i go back to work and am in a GREAT mood. until reality hits and i realize "dumby, you're not the one going."

then i am bummed out the rest of the day..

The $850 was for labor alone....Ive spent $2200 total so far. He didnt float the sheetrock he felt needed to be removed, didnt install the showerhead yet, didnt install the tub surround (pvc walls), didnt replace the floor tiles he removed,........Im just really pissed.....this is wrong. For $2200, I should be walking into a beautiful bathroom....right now it cant even be used.

The $850 was for labor alone....Ive spent $2200 total so far. He didnt float the sheetrock he felt needed to be removed, didnt install the showerhead yet, didnt install the tub surround (pvc walls), didnt replace the floor tiles he removed,........Im just really pissed.....this is wrong. For $2200, I should be walking into a beautiful bathroom....right now it cant even be used.

How long was he there?

probably 20 hrs....8 of them with his helper, if that isnt a bad price.....let me know, but it really seems high to me, especially since our wives are sisters and best friends..........$42.50 per hour......how much does a plumber average per hour on an average job? If I have no real reason to be angry, tell me...so I can cool off, because right now Im on the verge of creating some good ol'southern family feudin'!!!!

I'll chime in and say my husbands rate is slightly higher than that. But NO FAMILY MEMBER gets charged labor. Just ain't right!

As an ex cabinet maker, and contractor, I can tell you, if I charged family for my time, I could have retired by now.... well retired with money LOL Charging family just ain't right in my opinion... In Rogs case, he should have charged enough to cover his laborer's wages, and nothing for his time.

probably 20 hrs....8 of them with his helper, if that isnt a bad price.....let me know, but it really seems high to me, especially since our wives are sisters and best friends..........$42.50 per hour......how much does a plumber average per hour on an average job? If I have no real reason to be angry, tell me...so I can cool off, because right now Im on the verge of creating some good ol'southern family feudin'!!!!

Thats a fair price for that amount of time but he should finish the job. Around here a cheap plumber is $65 per hr. most are $85 to $90 per hr. When my boss bids a job he figure $800 a day per plumber and $160 a day per helper just labor.
Most plumbers will set the tub surround and finish the shower faucet install. But I dont know of any plumbers that do sheet rock repair. We can do it but its cheaper to pay a handyman then a plumber to do sheet rock so normally we dont. The company I work for generally charges anywhere from $1200 to $2200 to install a customer supplied tub & shower there are a lot of things that can effect the price. Hope this helps. Any questions just ask.

I can see picking up the expense for the helper - but DANG - $42.50/hour???? Geeesh! I'm in the wrong business! DH retired from the top paying hourly job at the telco & didn't make that much! Actually, about half of that!

Lemme ask... did he do this during his regular working hours - or as a side job? Has he said anything about finishing the job yet? Holy crap,,,, you could have probably hired a contracter thru Home Depot or Lowes and paid less than that!!

Yep! That sucks!!! My BIL (a lazy, redneck azz) charges his own mother whenever he does anything at her house,,,, materials & labor!! Then shortly there-after, MIL calls us to come and re-do everything the azz-hole did!!! I told DH that we live too far away now to drop everything, drive 1 1/2 hours just to clean up after his "stoopid" brother who got paid to do the job in the first place. No more!!

Charging you mother is just wrong! :headache: What a doofus! She ought to back charge him for changing his diapers and washing his hiney!

As an ex cabinet maker, and contractor, I can tell you, if I charged family for my time, I could have retired by now.... well retired with money LOL Charging family just ain't right in my opinion... In Rogs case, he should have charged enough to cover his laborer's wages, and nothing for his time.

I agree with on that like I said before I dont charge family.

Thanks! Curiosity question...since you babysit for free, is she also expecting you to take them for free or is she just being a stinker?

Oh, I would definately pay their way. I am kind of a push-over when it comes to stuff like that. I vacation with her family a lot, and although it is just me compared to her, her hubby, and their 3 kids I still pay for at least a third of the resort costs. And at Disney it is usually one half. Her reasoning is that she could fit her whole family into one room, and I am the one that puts us over the limit, so to speak.

Charging you mother is just wrong! :headache: What a doofus! She ought to back charge him for changing his diapers and washing his hiney!
You've got that right!!! My DH & I have done loads for his mom (including a kitchen remodel with new cabinets & counters to the tune of about $3500) and always always always paid for most everything including the materials. That's just the way it's supposed to be!! We only asked his DM to keep our drink glasses full and to provide a sandwich here and there.

Doofus is too soft a word to describe my BIL!! He's 52, has always had a job that was given to him by either a blood relative or an in-law, and pretty much lets his wife do the major bread-winning. I've known him for 35 years & basically disliked him from the moment I met him. I can't believe his is my DH's brother. They are totally different!! I keep telling my MIL that he's the reason abortion was legalized!! :rotfl:

I agree with on that like I said before I dont charge family.

As an ex contractor, plumbers were always the enemy LOL They would take my nice framing, and cut HUGE holes in it for little tiny pipes :lmao:. We did a job once, framed a second floor on a 1 story house, came back to finish after plumbers were there, the homeowner was asking me why her downstairs bathroom ceiling was sagging, so after some investigation, we pulled the new tub upstairs, and then sub floor, the guy cut 5 2 x 10 joist in HALF took out about 8" of each to run a 4" dwv... No sisters, no boxing no nutting, just put sub floor back and then put tub on top, if the homeowner had actually filled u pthe tub, she would have landed downstairs

He volunteered to do the work...I didnt ask him. My wife mentioned to them at a Sunday crawfish boil a couple of weeks ago that the bathroom floor had gotten soft from the kids splashing so much and not drying up their water on the floor. I actually only NEEDED a 1ft by 3ft piece of plywood replaced on the floor....didnt even really think I needed a plumber as much as a general repairman/handyman. He assumed the floor was soft because of plumbing, even convinced me that their were probably some bad plumbing that no one could see because there is no access panel to see the plumbing. He cut out my perfectly good tub to be able to repair the floor....cutting out the tub required him to remove the drywall...once all thats out of the way....well guess what...theres nothing wrong with the plumbing, its just from the kids splashing water out of the tub for the past 5 yrs....hmmm, didnt I tell him thats what I thought it was in the first place??? Fine, whatever, A new tub would look nice anyway, might as well throw in a new toilet too and sink fixtures to match the new tub fixtures.I dont mind spending money on new stuff...I dont even mind paying someone for their services....and I wouldnt be complaining if I could walk in my bathroom and take a shower right now. It just seems like the job should be complete for the money Ive spent...we have to take showers in our hall bathroom which has been the TEEN bathroom for many years now, so you can imagine how humiliating that is for ME...I can barely fit in the tiny little shower and they have lipstick all over the mirror and things in the garbage can that make me gag and enough chemicals to create a nuclear explosion spread out all over the counter......sigh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter