The All New Pop Century FAR OUT FAQ Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler-once again you give me all the answers. Do you have a guess on how much they are? I assume they are in Everything Pop-right? I am hoping to see you in my travels when it get there next month, but if not-thank you so much for all your great information on POP:wave2:

Has anyone stayed at ALMO and then POP too ? I would like to hear some comparisons between them. I stayed at ASMO and loved it, but POP looks so fun too ! Is it closer to MK ? How are the buses compared to All Stars ? Any info would be great!

Thanks

planning again !!! :Pinkbounc ....................

PG

Originally posted by insmom
Tyler-once again you give me all the answers. Do you have a guess on how much they are? I assume they are in Everything Pop-right? I am hoping to see you in my travels when it get there next month, but if not-thank you so much for all your great information on POP:wave2:

Standard pin prices, at least last time I checked. $6.50-$10.50, depending on the pin. There's one that spins around, that's the more expensive one.

Originally posted by peacefulgirl
Has anyone stayed at ALMO and then POP too ? I would like to hear some comparisons between them. I stayed at ASMO and loved it, but POP looks so fun too ! Is it closer to MK ? How are the buses compared to All Stars ? Any info would be great!

I've stayed at Pop, and then Movies, back to back. Perhaps I'm biased, but Pop won for me hands down.

I liked Pop's rooms better, the grounds were nicer, it had bar soap, a bigger TV, and (I know this sounds stupid, but it was a big deal for me) but the TV told you what channel it was (ie: 04 NBC) At Movies, I had to keep referring to the pamphlet.

Pop does not share buses with any other resort... buses also come quickly... We never waited for more than a few minutes. (Yes, I take the buses... the last thing I want to do is drive and battle traffic on MY vacation!)

Thanks Chip and Dale !! I am pretty sure this is where we will stay .. showed DD and she was like YA!

I wanna go back so bad .. just came home 1 week today from a small trip, but flew to Naples and drove to DIS, onle had 2 1/2 days there and drove back to Naples.... BAD PLAN , too much travel time and wasted DIS time! Now we got our feet wet and are itching for more. This is making me want to go back faster than Nov of next year. I get an extra week vacation 2005, so hey, I am thinking I just may say ..... LETS GO to DIS in FEB or MAR, hmmm now to decide?????

When is spring break craziness there ? I want to avoid that...

Anyone ........

Thanks PG

I would also like to say that I love POP better than any other resort.

It's fun
It has nice rooms that are newer than the others
Busses are lightning fast
I love the food there and Everything Pop (Resort Shop)

As for the post about the PINS...there are POP pins, I'm sure Tyler already answered your question though.

If you have girls, POP has a wonderful collection of charms and the braclet. I'm 23 and I still get a charm when I go and wear my charm braclet! It's so cute and it's an easy way to get something you can wear all the time and collect and get more of each time you go.

I've stayed at all three All Stars and Pop and I like Pop the best. It feels to me that they took everything that was good about the All Stars and made it even better. The grounds at Pop are nicer and with the lake it makes for a very nice walk. To add to what Tyler said (which I agree with) the TVs also have front AV input so if you want to review your pictures at night you can.

Hello! I am new to this board and was so glad to find this very long thread about POP. I have read most of it, but just could not finish it all, so I apologize if this is a question already asked and answered.

We are coming in 3/04, and although we will be there 4 days, we plan to spend one day at Sea World. When making my ressies, I asked the CM if I could buy 3 day hopper passes. He said no, but that I should ask at the POP guest services desk as they might have them. Does anyone know what is offered at the resort? Can I buy 3 day hopper passes? If not, are single day tickets there or will I have to go to the TTC at MK to buy them for that park? I ask because I thought I saw that if we take the bus to MK it would take us the main entrance, and I was not sure if that happened we could buy tickets there.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Originally posted by ssdeverell
..but that I should ask at the POP guest services desk as they might have them. Does anyone know what is offered at the resort? Can I buy 3 day hopper passes? If not, are single day tickets there or will I have to go to the TTC at MK to buy them for that park? Thanks,Stephanie

Hi, Stephanie, welcome!

I think what CRO meant is that you can buy a length of stay pass when you check in...we bought one for 2 nights ,3 days, last Feb and it was $187 each inc tx. This includes Pleasure Island and the Water Parks - which we did not use but we preferred having a park hopper rather than 3 separate one day park passes.

If you opt for single day pases buy them at check-in becasue they can add them right to your room key (could not do this at POP last yr, but I've heard they can now) and the second and third day is $5 less. :)

Also, check out:
'Fun in the Sun' passes, 2,3 & 4 day Disney World Hoppers:

1) Go to : http://www.discountorlandovacation.com/ccp51/

2) Click on 'online store' just above the word "welcome".

3) Click on search.

4) For search term enter: mouseinfo Just like that w/no spaces and
click search.

5) Click on: Special offer for MouseInfo Readers!

6) Finally, click on the red text and that will take you our Specials Page.

Good luck and enjoy!

First, welcome to Disboards! You'll learn so much here and "meet" so many wonderful people. I really don't know about 3 day Hoppers, but would suggest that you look into buying 4 or 5 day Hoppers at AAA - they're discounted! Disney Store also sold 4 & 5 day Hoppers at a discount, but not sure if they're still doing that (?). The extra days will never expire so you'll lock in the unused days at 2004 prices!

If you opt for single day tickets, those can be bought at the windows at each park's entrance (you don't have to worry about the buses bringing you to the wrong place) - but they're not cost effective - they're also for one park only (not a good deal at all!)

AAA also sells Sea World tickets which may be slightly discounted from Gate price.

Good luck! If you're staying at POP, you're in for a treat! It's a great place and the convenience of staying on and WDW property is worth any amount of $$$ !!!!

Don't ever be shy about asking questions - we're all here to help each other. :wave2:

Laura

Our party will be 3 adults and 6 kids, 3 of whom will be in 2 strollers. We have asked for connecting, non-smoking.
We plan on using the WDW buses, and eating at the food court occasionally, but probably not eating there every day. Thanks!

Hi guys--this thread is over the number of allowable pages.

Sorry.
Sue Ellen

I opened this back up again. There really does need to be a Part II for Pop. Anyone want to volunteer? You could transfer over the information provided by Chip and Dale in his first post.

I wanted to offer, but had no idea how to go about it, so Chip n Dale Express thank you!

Just returned from 5 nights at the POP on Tuesday. Once again we had a perfect room location and quite a view for a value resort! No noise (even tho the POP Warner overflow was in our section, mostly pool side rooms), lovely viewof the Lake and Generation Bridge. A bit of a problem upon check-in with the room - had not been properly clean (bathroom was disgusting and the room had not been relaly cleaned in a very long time). Manager came up and had everything taken care of that evening while I was at MVMCP. Even got our first towel display one day!

Not much good at trip reports but am happy to answer any questions about POP. Was my second stay. Buses were fine on both ends (went to BW and the bus was awful - took forever to get anywhere due to all the stops as always). POP food coourt was fine, busy but not long lines.

POP Christmas decorations are nicer than I expected - very pretty and homey. Wish they had more, but Everything POP, the Food Court and Lobby were very nice.

Must run to work. Will check in later.
Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter