The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats EXACTLY our plan.

We like walking a lot, so I'm sure we'll plenty of mileage out of just strolling around, but we're hoping also to find a "hang out" if we wanna relax for a bit too (and this is planning for the reality that its a coin flip if we get a balcony. If we got a balcony, obviously we could always just retire to there).

Will places on the boardwalk have outdoor seating in May?

I've never been, but Big River Grille and Brewery on the boardwalk has outdoor seating. It should be fine in May. Also, outside of Beaches and Cream at BC has a few small tables on the outside patio. If you go to wdwinfo.com you can see pictures of the exterior of Big River Grille.

Have a great trip!

Thats EXACTLY our plan.

We like walking a lot, so I'm sure we'll plenty of mileage out of just strolling around, but we're hoping also to find a "hang out" if we wanna relax for a bit too (and this is planning for the reality that its a coin flip if we get a balcony. If we got a balcony, obviously we could always just retire to there).

Will places on the boardwalk have outdoor seating in May?

We stayed at YC this past weekend and the Boardwalk places all had lovely outdoor seating. We took advantage for early morning coffee and late afternoon snacks/espresso. It's a lovely area. We had never stayed in the Epcot area and we are now huge fans!!!

Amanda

We stayed at YC this past weekend and the Boardwalk places all had lovely outdoor seating. We took advantage for early morning coffee and late afternoon snacks/espresso. It's a lovely area. We had never stayed in the Epcot area and we are now huge fans!!!

Amanda

Hey Amanda,

Sure wish you were still here so we could continue our talking session ... of course I realize you didn't come all the way to WDW to talk to me for hours. I really enjoyed meeting you and learning about your family!!

Teena

Guess what?????:cheer2:

I got some magic ... yep, instead of making magic, someone did something unbelievable for me. I actually cried and hugged him. I keep it maintained on schedule and always take it back to my Chevy dealer. It is over the warranty now ... 60,000 and 6 years went by two weeks ago. I'm waiting in the waiting room and out comes the service manager assigned to me. (When I purchased the car I was assigned a service manager, John. He last year was promoted to a big position and is in charge of everything service so I deal with a new service manager. However, I still always stick my head into John's office and say hi. John has been extremely honest to me and gives it to me straight ... doesn't treat me like an old lady and never tries to take advantage of me.) So, anyway, out comes the service guy and tells me I need to get the brake switch fixed and that's $79.95 (THIS IS WHAT I TOOK IT IN FOR), and they discovered a leak or something or other and that's going to be close to $300.00 and while they're at it, in about 200-300 miles (two weeks) we're due for the big 60,000 mile service which I knew was coming and was prepared for and that's about $550.00. Now all these prices are with my 10% off Disney discount. And they need to keep it about two-three days since the one thing (leak) needs special parts, etc. plus the brake switch won't be there until tomorrow. So the new service manager takes me back to see the leak and talk to the mechanic and I ask them if they recommend putting in this $900 (with tax) and then I know in about 1,000 miles I need a timing belt ($600) or whether I should trade it in for a new car there. They say fix this one and with all this work and the new timing belt, it should last another 50,000 miles without much more money in it. I call Bob and he goes nuts. We just didn't plan all this in the budget right now. He says tell them to fix the brake switch and he'll come get me and then he'll take it after they fix the brake switch (tomorrow) and get another estimate at the place he takes his car (Tuffy's). I told them that and they said "don't drive it with the leak ... that's a mistake, blah, blah. I said, "I have to live with my husband and he said to do just the brake switch."

I'm waiting outside for Bob to pick me up and John (my old service manager and now big wig) drives up. He runs over to hug me and said, you're being taken care of? I told him the whole story and he got all red in the face, told me to stay put, ran off into the garage area, comes back and says, tell Bob to park and bring him in to my office. So Bob and I go into his office and he tells us that the leak and brake switch would have been covered by the drive train warranty and since we aren't that much over the warranty period and since I'm such a good customer and always come there and get it serviced at all the correct times, etc. that he's going to fix everything for free (the brake switch and leaky thing). Bob couldn't believe it, I ran over and hugged him and actually got teary. We told him that while it was here for two days to go ahead and do the big $550 maintenance which was needed in a few weeks so it will keep me from having to come back. :goodvibes

Now I know how it feels to be on the other end of magic!! I baked him brownies this morning and I'll take them to him when I go pick up the car. I'm like bouncing around I'm so thrilled. Bob was so happy, he said his next car will now be a Chevy and purchased there!! He's thinking of the Impala or Malibu. His car has 90,000 and we're thinking in the Fall it might be time for his to be traded in.

Thanks for listening ... WANTED TO SHARE MY MAGIC WITH EVERYBODY!! WHAT A WONDERFUL FEELING ... I'M BOUNCING AROUND LIKE OUR FRIEND TIGGER.!!

Teena - How wonderful for you. After providing pixie dust for so many people over the years, it's so nice to hear that you were on the receiving end of a little bit. :wizard:

Guess what?????:cheer2:

Thanks for listening ... WANTED TO SHARE MY MAGIC WITH EVERYBODY!! WHAT A WONDERFUL FEELING ... I'M BOUNCING AROUND LIKE OUR FRIEND TIGGER.!!

:) Oh Teena, so happy for you. You do deserve some magic for yourself! How wonderful! :wizard:

Thank you for sharing.

Teena, how wonderful! I am glad you were on the receiving end of magic this time! :wizard: Happy driving! :woohoo:

Teena,
Thanks for sharing your story with us. Happy everything worked out with the car repairs since you were not too much over the warranty. You deserved some pixiedust:for a change.

Teena!

See good things do happen to good people!!!

I'm so happy for you. Makes you really believe in karma!

Oh, Teena! :hug: Thank you for sharing your story with us!
I started crying for you when I read it! So happy for you and Bob :goodvibes

I believe I have seen this somewhere before, but I would like to clarify. I will be spending Oct. 11-17 in a 2 bedroom beach club villa. I thought I has seen that all the villas have a full balcony, but then I saw a thread that seemed to indicate some has full balconies and some had only partials. Could someone in the know please clear this up for me. BTW, today was my 180 day mark and I got all the ADR's I wanted! Thank you

Oh tina I am so happy for you!!! My husband drove a Chevy Malibu way back and we had such fantastic service - over the top stuff - like what happened to you and it made our day. A $1200 part was replaced FREE over warranty. I think it speaks so good for a dealership and actually several friends of mine bought cars there after hearing my story. my current car is a volvo and you don't get out a repair shop there under 500 and customer service is NOTHING like it was a Chevrolet...Love to hear happy stories!!!!

First of all Teena - I am glad that everything worked out for you. Nice to hear about stories like that. :goodvibes

Not that I want to be a negative person because everyone always seems so happy on these boards but everytime I turn around something little is happening with our trip. First we had a few issues with our actual reservations at the Beach Club

We are coming to the Beach Club in May and I was so excited to stay here as last year when we came there was no availablility at the Beach Club. This will be our 4th time at Disney and last year we stayed at Boardwalk but my kids kept eyeing the pool and slide at the Beach club when we would be out walking around. So I was so happy we could book. Then because I read these boards I find out that the slide will be closed :eek: We have not received a letter and last night when I told my kids it was like a little of the magic disappeared. I know there is a lot at Disney but we were looking forward to a couple of days just hanging around the resort and my kids were so excited about the slide.

Anyhow I know things happen but it didn't help out with our experience this time around.

I believe I have seen this somewhere before, but I would like to clarify. I will be spending Oct. 11-17 in a 2 bedroom beach club villa. I thought I has seen that all the villas have a full balcony, but then I saw a thread that seemed to indicate some has full balconies and some had only partials. Could someone in the know please clear this up for me. BTW, today was my 180 day mark and I got all the ADR's I wanted! Thank you

Congratulations on your dining reservations!:cool1: We'll be at BCV some of the same nights. :goodvibes

Anyway, all the villas have balconies large enough for two chairs and a small table. None are the standing room only type found at BC. They vary a great deal. Some run the length of the LR and master. In some 2 BRs, you will have three separate balconies with sets of tables and chairs on each. A relative few will have a balcony off the LR and 2nd BR but not the master. Some are open and others enclosed. If you look at some pictures of the outside of the building, you can see what I mean.

First of all Teena - I am glad that everything worked out for you. Nice to hear about stories like that. :goodvibes

Not that I want to be a negative person because everyone always seems so happy on these boards but everytime I turn around something little is happening with our trip. First we had a few issues with our actual reservations at the Beach Club

We are coming to the Beach Club in May and I was so excited to stay here as last year when we came there was no availablility at the Beach Club. This will be our 4th time at Disney and last year we stayed at Boardwalk but my kids kept eyeing the pool and slide at the Beach club when we would be out walking around. So I was so happy we could book. Then because I read these boards I find out that the slide will be closed :eek: We have not received a letter and last night when I told my kids it was like a little of the magic disappeared. I know there is a lot at Disney but we were looking forward to a couple of days just hanging around the resort and my kids were so excited about the slide.

Anyhow I know things happen but it didn't help out with our experience this time around.

I understand where you're coming from. However, we went to Disney pretty much every other year when we were little, and I have NO memories of the pool at all. I'm sure we swam, but all my best memories are from the parks, the atmosphere of the resorts, special dinners, etc. Don't sweat the slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter