The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
get done before the estimated finish date? or is it pretty likely they open when they say and not before? just curious, for no other reason than that. thanks!

As letter states, pool and kiddies slide and everything else will be operating. Shuttles will take guests to and from the Boardwalk slide if you want the large slide experience. This was not planned in advance. The slide became less slippery and it must be fixed. They immediately contracted for work to be done on it, scheduled it and sent out letters and everyone is hoping it will be done by the end of May. These things happen. My car just developed a major problem althugh I do all the scheduled maintenance on it. Sometimes you can't predict things in advance. They normally schedule routine maintenance during the winter months but happened suddenly.

Hi! I'm glad to hear that they will be fixing it and that everything else is okay. I understand that things come up...

I'm not too brave so I've never tried it anyway(looks way to scary:eek: for me). I,too, am just fine with the kiddie slide! That's nice that they will bring guests to Boardwalk's pool if need be for the big slide.

get done before the estimated finish date? or is it pretty likely they open when they say and not before? just curious, for no other reason than that. thanks!

I guess it could happen. I would think rehab of something like the slide at SAB is dependent a lot on weather conditions. If there isn't a lot of rain it will probably move along more quickly. Something like a ride where they are rehabing the interior is probably less likely to be dependent on weather and more likely on the extent of the rehab and the speed of the workers. So the short story is there is no way to know.:rotfl:

We have been down several trips where things were supposedly closed for rehab but then they have opened ahead of schedule while we were there. HTH!

*waves*

Hi, I'm Amy... my SO and I will be staying at the Beach Club, standard room in October for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. It's a quickie weekend trip, but I'm SO excited.

I just booked 2 nights at BC at the end of our august vacation in a standard view club level room. Last year we stayed and BC and fell in love with the resort. This year we are back at POR for budget reasons but thanks to a 40% pin code I added on 2 days at the end to just hang at BC and enjoy SAB (thats what the kids really want anyway...) and then figured why not try club level, 40% is a pretty good discount, so heck why not!

so here are my questions...

1- where are standard view rooms typically located in relation to the CL lounge? are they on the same floor, far away etc? What about in relation to the main lobby and SAB?

2- we are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids ages 8,8 and 6) do the standard view CL rooms have 2 queen beds and a daybed?

3- what can I expect from the lounge? to be honest, as thrilled as i am to be back at BC and the kids will be even more thrilled to be back at SAB, I was kind of hoping for Poly CL b/c of being able to see and hear the music from wishes from the lounge. however i couldn't get a standard view room with the pin code there so I went with my other choice. I was able to find many more pics of the poly lounge online than BC CL lounge so maybe that's why my mind was going in that direction. anyone have any pics of the lounge or can tell me what theiir experience was like to get me really psyched up about this (the CL, not BC itself).

thanks. I still can't believe I am getting back to BC this year (CL none the less) I thought it would be years before this would happen again!

~Kelly

Thank you for answereing my question. On my reservation it says King Bed with Day bed. I really don't care about that. I really would rather have a balcony. What do I need to do now about that now? Do I wait and see what I get or do I need to call someone?

Did you book your reservation with Disney or a travel agent? Is your confirmation a Disney confirmation or a travel agent confirmation?

If you dealt with Disney directly, then just call them back and tell them to take off the King Bed with Day Bed and put on "full balcony". If you dealt with a travel agent, they will probably have to call Disney and change the reservation. However, having a receipt from a travel agency with a request on it is just that, it's from the travel agency. So many people check in to the Disney resorts with receipts/confirmations from travel agencies and on them it will say "king bed", "one queen and two daybeds", all sort of different things. We've even had travel agency printed confirmations for rooms that don't exist at the Beach Club. We had one the other day for the Beach Club Villas that said one bedroom villa with two queen beds and two bathrooms with a view of the lake. No such thing exists. So, you need to make sure you have a Disney confirmation and that your request has been made with Disney.

I just booked 2 nights at BC at the end of our august vacation in a standard view club level room. Last year we stayed and BC and fell in love with the resort. This year we are back at POR for budget reasons but thanks to a 40% pin code I added on 2 days at the end to just hang at BC and enjoy SAB (thats what the kids really want anyway...) and then figured why not try club level, 40% is a pretty good discount, so heck why not!

so here are my questions...

1- where are standard view rooms typically located in relation to the CL lounge? are they on the same floor, far away etc? What about in relation to the main lobby and SAB?

2- we are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids ages 8,8 and 6) do the standard view CL rooms have 2 queen beds and a daybed?

3- what can I expect from the lounge? to be honest, as thrilled as i am to be back at BC and the kids will be even more thrilled to be back at SAB, I was kind of hoping for Poly CL b/c of being able to see and hear the music from wishes from the lounge. however i couldn't get a standard view room with the pin code there so I went with my other choice. I was able to find many more pics of the poly lounge online than BC CL lounge so maybe that's why my mind was going in that direction. anyone have any pics of the lounge or can tell me what theiir experience was like to get me really psyched up about this (the CL, not BC itself).

thanks. I still can't believe I am getting back to BC this year (CL none the less) I thought it would be years before this would happen again!

~Kelly

Hi Kelly,
Somebody just answered your #3 question about the lounge offerings in great detail ... just a day or so ago on this thread.

The standard view club level rooms ... some have two queens and a daybed, some have just two queens. If you have 5 people, you should get a five sleeper. These rooms are all on the fifth floor. The lounge is right off the elevators and the rooms are off the lounge ... some are far away, some are close. Five of the rooms only have a standing balcony, not a full balcony. You can certainly request a room close to the lounge with a full balcony if that's what you want. Just add it onto your reservation. The elevators are right off the lobby and you go out the lobby to go to the bus stops, the walkway to Epcot, the boats to Hollywood Studio and to get to SAB.

So we've got just about 3 weeks til our first Disney trip (so very excited) and we're starting to figure out daily "plans". One of the things we're trying to figure out is the nights...we're both not comfortable with the babysitting services (and its nothing against the service or those who use it...just not for us), but anticipate our little guy (3 yrs old) probably passing out in the stroller not much past dinner with the long days in the sun and all the excitement. So what is there to do at night near and/or at the Beach Club!?

We'll probably do the countries at some point since we assume he'll lose interest quickly in that and walking along the boardwalk will be nice...be are there any places in walking distance from the BC (or in the BC that I must've overlooked) that you can sit down outside and have a drink/dessert later on (stroller friendly obviously)? I feel like it'll be such a waste to spend these beautiful nights (fingers crossed) sitting in our room, especially if we don't get a balcony!!

Any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

So we've got just about 3 weeks til our first Disney trip (so very excited) and we're starting to figure out daily "plans". One of the things we're trying to figure out is the nights...we're both not comfortable with the babysitting services (and its nothing against the service or those who use it...just not for us), but anticipate our little guy (3 yrs old) probably passing out in the stroller not much past dinner with the long days in the sun and all the excitement. So what is there to do at night near and/or at the Beach Club!?

We'll probably do the countries at some point since we assume he'll lose interest quickly in that and walking along the boardwalk will be nice...be are there any places in walking distance from the BC (or in the BC that I must've overlooked) that you can sit down outside and have a drink/dessert later on (stroller friendly obviously)? I feel like it'll be such a waste to spend these beautiful nights (fingers crossed) sitting in our room, especially if we don't get a balcony!!

We were at BC last month, and we have three boys - two pre-teens and one pre-schooler. We took full advantage of the stroller in the evening for our pre-schooler - had a comfy blanket ready, reclined the seat, pulled up the canopy and enjoyed the evenings! We spent couple nights in World Showcase, but also went over to the Boardwalk area and walked around crescent lake. I wish I could recommend places to sit down for drinks/dessert, but with our two older boys we were still a bit on-the-go and so we would grab dessert/coffee/drinks and take them along on our walk (or sit on a bench for a few minutes.) For example, good desserts and coffee at Boardwalk Bakery, and in World Showcase, we liked the desserts in Norway and France.

Hope others will have some good suggestions!

We were at BC last month, and we have three boys - two pre-teens and one pre-schooler. We took full advantage of the stroller in the evening for our pre-schooler - had a comfy blanket ready, reclined the seat, pulled up the canopy and enjoyed the evenings! We spent couple nights in World Showcase, but also went over to the Boardwalk area and walked around crescent lake. I wish I could recommend places to sit down for drinks/dessert, but with our two older boys we were still a bit on-the-go and so we would grab dessert/coffee/drinks and take them along on our walk (or sit on a bench for a few minutes.) For example, good desserts and coffee at Boardwalk Bakery, and in World Showcase, we liked the desserts in Norway and France.

Hope others will have some good suggestions!

Thats EXACTLY our plan.

We like walking a lot, so I'm sure we'll plenty of mileage out of just strolling around, but we're hoping also to find a "hang out" if we wanna relax for a bit too (and this is planning for the reality that its a coin flip if we get a balcony. If we got a balcony, obviously we could always just retire to there).

Will places on the boardwalk have outdoor seating in May?

We are going to be staying at the Beach Club this August and I am so excited!!!:goodvibes We are going to be in a standard, non-Club Level room. Since we will have 5 in the room, I am assuming that we will have a room with a daybed in it. How many of those rooms will have a balcony? I would like a balcony, but I don't think it is worth changing hotels to the Yacht Club to ensure that we have a balcony. I wanted to stay at the Beach Club, so with or without a balcony that is where we are going to be. Just curious as to the possibilty of it. Is this something you can put in a request for? If so, should I do it now or wait until a few days before check-in?

Personally, I like the first floor rooms with patios. We had a standard room last year at BC with a patio and loved it. We were very close to the quiet pool and Epcot. Great location, great room, the beds are SO comfortable too. You will love it!

We are going to be staying at the Beach Club this August and I am so excited!!!:goodvibes We are going to be in a standard, non-Club Level room. Since we will have 5 in the room, I am assuming that we will have a room with a daybed in it. How many of those rooms will have a balcony? I would like a balcony, but I don't think it is worth changing hotels to the Yacht Club to ensure that we have a balcony. I wanted to stay at the Beach Club, so with or without a balcony that is where we are going to be. Just curious as to the possibilty of it. Is this something you can put in a request for? If so, should I do it now or wait until a few days before check-in?

It's probably a 50/50 shot on the full balcony. Just add the request to your reservation now. Then at check-in, ask if you have a full balcony. If they say no, then ask if you could please have one. If one is not available, and if you really really want one, ask them to set you up for a room change when one is available (usually the next day).

Is it safe to assume that "all" the rooms at the YC have now been renovated? I've been reading reviews and some dating back around 9/09 mention the older rooms...

We'll be traveling in Sept/Oct... so I'm not too concerned if renovations are still being done... just curious! :rolleyes1

Is it safe to assume that "all" the rooms at the YC have now been renovated? I've been reading reviews and some dating back around 9/09 mention the older rooms...

We'll be traveling in Sept/Oct... so I'm not too concerned if renovations are still being done... just curious! :rolleyes1

All done.

I do believe they do movie nights just about every night on the beach at BC. It's all disney movies so your little guy will love it as well.

Boardwalk has tons of restaurants and really there is nothing like strolling through the Epcot Countries during dusk. Boardwalk may also have street performers at night as well. Also all the countries will have drinks and desserts!

Tons of people will camp out on the bridges and around the BC lake to watch the epcot fireworks each night as well.

Thanks for taking the time to start a new thread. I kept forgetting which page was the last one I read (was it 223 or 213?). Now we're back to smaller digits which helps this smaller mind.

It's probably a 50/50 shot on the full balcony. Just add the request to your reservation now. Then at check-in, ask if you have a full balcony. If they say no, then ask if you could please have one. If one is not available, and if you really really want one, ask them to set you up for a room change when one is available (usually the next day).

Thanks. I will call and have that added to our reservation. I am not sure that it is worth it to me to change rooms once our stay begins, but I will ask when we check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter