The 2010 EPCOT Food and Wine Festival Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! I've been to Disney many times, but haven't gone in October for over 20 years. DH and I have always wanted to go to the Food and Wine Festival, but the timing never worked out. This is the first time we're able to go and we're so excited about it. We already plan on going to Epcot many days during our trip. When do they usually give information on menu items and prices?

Hey all! I've been to Disney many times, but haven't gone in October for over 20 years. DH and I have always wanted to go to the Food and Wine Festival, but the timing never worked out. This is the first time we're able to go and we're so excited about it. We already plan on going to Epcot many days during our trip. When do they usually give information on menu items and prices?

:wave2: Another Jersey Gal here! We've been to F&W several times, but not for a few years, so we are looking forward to November (even though we arrive on the very last day, we will make the most of it). In the past, the exact list and prices have been posted on AllEars within minutes after the soft opening (when there is one) or first day. Many items tend to repeat, so you can peruse the 2009 booth items to get a general idea.

Portions vary from skimpy to generous. DH and I like to share some items so that we can pace ourselves to try everything.

Listings of the World Showcase kiosk menu items are usually out before the soft opening (but perhaps not with prices).

Ok, just read thru the entire thread. Went pretty quick, but glad I started learning now rather than waiting until final info is released over the next couple months.
A friend's sister will be down there that time for one of the college programs so we might go to WDW the last week of October. Don't know how interested my friend will be in the F&W, but hopefully enough to make a circle around and share some tastings!
Then my DBF just booked are 1st trip to DLR for 1st week of May 2011 so hoping F&W will be in DL during that time again.
And then also will be planning another trip to WDW for October 2011.
So can't wait to eat my way around the world on the east coast, sample some west coast flavorings, then eat my way around the world on the east coast again over the year - yum, yum!!

Now if only some WS kiosks were set up in my kitchen now, all this thought about tasty food really makes a girl hungry!

Ok also just checked out a bunch of BriarRosie's pics from Gluttoberfest and my stomach instantly growled for some of that food. And I cannot wait to try a bunch of margaritas - not a huge fan of wine but love food and margaritas so I guess I will celebrating the F&M Festival instead! :lmao:

I hope people can forgive me for ot reading all 12 pages of the thread :angel: :flower3: . (I did do a search anyway so I didn't start a new one! :thumbsup2;) ) I just realized yesterday that we'll be arriving on the last weekend of the Festival. We've never gone but since we're going to be there and have the days to spare on the tickets, I was wondering how that last weekend seems to be? Crowd-wise, food-wise...etc. Do they seem like they are just packing everything up and it's like the last hours of a garage sale on it's last day with not much to bother? We'll have half a day to spare the day we arrive and since we can, we thought about heading there just for this and doing the rest of Epcot another day.
Opinions? feedback? ... Bueller? :laughing: :goodvibes

PS: in case it matters, we won't care about the wine stuff anyway. I know I know. Sacrilege. :)
I suppose most of the merchandise is gone? Are those some of the things you can purchase by calling the phone number (can't think of the name right now) that you can call to get specific park items?

We'll be there the last weekend too and I'm wondering the same thing. Anyone know what the last weekend is like?

yes there is a reloadable card that you can wear on your wrist to buy anything at the kiosks and then it can be used anywhere at Disney if you don't use it all.

Enjoy

Hi Jambo buddy, :goodvibes This sounds great. Where do you buy this? I imagine it is at Epcot, but where? When did they start using these? What a super idea for someone on a budget. :)

I'd so love that!!

I really loved that we could use them over at the MK during the MNSSHP. I wish they'd offer the wrist band money cards year-round.

How did you learn you could use this at MNSSHP, did they have signs up? Where else can the card be used? Just thinking we might have left over credits after we all have sampled everything we want. (YEA, RIGHT - says the wine lover in me) :rotfl:

We haven't been to F&W in five years, so I am sure there have been changes. Do they still have the "wine walk about" from Australia? It was one of our favorite things to do. It was in a nice shady place, set off from the main walkway. The people who explained each wine and served where so well informed and fun. Hope it will be there this year, however I didn't see it listed in LurkyLoo's shared site.
:sad2:

Angel16

Hi Jambo buddy, :goodvibes This sounds great. Where do you buy this? I imagine it is at Epcot, but where? When did they start using these? What a super idea for someone on a budget. :)

The wrist gift cards were sold everywhere you saw Food and Wine Festival merchandise. Near the entrance to World Showcase and at the Festival Welcome Center (former location of Wonders of Life).

How did you learn you could use this at MNSSHP, did they have signs up? Where else can the card be used? Just thinking we might have left over credits after we all have sampled everything we want. (YEA, RIGHT - says the wine lover in me) :rotfl:

We haven't been to F&W in five years, so I am sure there have been changes. Do they still have the "wine walk about" from Australia? It was one of our favorite things to do. It was in a nice shady place, set off from the main walkway. The people who explained each wine and served where so well informed and fun. Hope it will be there this year, however I didn't see it listed in LurkyLoo's shared site.
:sad2:

Angel16

These are basic gift cards that just have a Food and Wine Festival logo on them. They can be used like any other Disney gift cards. Any place that accepts Disney gift cards accepts these. And if you use up your funds, you can always add more to the card at the stores or festival food kiosks in World Showcase.

They did not have the wine walkabout for Australia last year, so we won't know if they bring something like that back until we see more festival info released in the next few months.

How did you learn you could use this at MNSSHP, did they have signs up? Where else can the card be used?

It's just a regular Disney gift card that happens to have a wristband attached, so you can use it anywhere Disney gift cards are accepted (which means, like, everywhere)!

Angel16

Hello Jambo buddy, I got mine at the welcome center last year but I saw them other places, and they told me not to worry about the amount that I put on it b/c I could use it everywhere....

IF the 3D Illuminaltions dessert party is on Fridays I will be able to go. I am debating whether we should put the kids in the kids club or take them with us. I am assuming this will be a kid friendly event? Or are some of the Food and Wine events geared mostly toward adults?

I like the sound of the new events for the year. While I know the pricing my change, the dessert party seems reasonable enough to add into our plans. So hopefully, we'll have Party of the Senses Wine View Room (mainly as my husband hates wine and I rather him be happy with mixed drinks & the lack of the mob), Signature Dinner, and the Dessert Party. I guess we'll find out in the next couple months.

Now that the 3D Illuminaltions dessert party is on Fridays I will be able to go. I am debating whether we should put the kids in the kids club or take them with us. I am assuming this will be a kid friendly event? Or are some of the Food and Wine events geared mostly toward adults?

Most F&W events are not what I would consider kid-friendly unless your kids are older and are really into food. There are no discounted event prices - you will pay the same price for your children that you would for an adult and that includes the price of alcohol. The only events I've ever seen kids at are some of the food demos at the welcome center and party for the senses. Some older kids (teens) have been at some of the lunches / dinners.

And until Epcot officially releases times and dates I would not make any assumptions about when a specific event will be held. They are notorious for changing times and dates ... sometimes even after releasing them for public consumption.

Just sit tight and wait for the details and remember that each event has a limited number of "seats." Never assume you are going to be able to book the event you want until you're on the phone with Disney the day event booking opens - some events sell out very fast ... like within an hour.

Just sit tight and wait for the details and remember that each event has a limited number of "seats." Never assume you are going to be able to book the event you want until you're on the phone with Disney the day event booking opens - some events sell out very fast ... like within an hour.

Or within 10 minutes

I remember back when Le Cellier was on the F&W pairing list - 7 minutes after the lines opened I got the last seat for the event.

Now that the 3D Illuminaltions dessert party is on Fridays I will be able to go. I am debating whether we should put the kids in the kids club or take them with us. I am assuming this will be a kid friendly event? Or are some of the Food and Wine events geared mostly toward adults?

Food and Wine events are generally geared toward adults and are NOT child friendly. As Brenda mentioned, there is no lower pricing for those too young to drink alcohol or even for kids under 10. I can recommend the food & wine events for teens who are into the culinary arts but not for little kids. The dessert event is new, however, and no one will have any real info until after the first one is presented, unless Disney's official announcement says something about specific offerings for children at this event. (Disney hasn't released the official schedule yet and Disney itself has already put out conflicting information about whether this event will be Thursdays or Fridays)

Looks like they've switched this to Friday—dang! I'd already mapped out our week!

From the Disney Parks Blog:
"Also new this year is “3D” Disney’s Dessert Discovery every Friday during the festival with sweets, cordials and wine with VIP viewing for IllumiNations. Tickets are $45 plus park admission. A wonderful way to end the day. More to come!"

Well shoot, we have MNSSHP tix for our Friday night:sad1:.

I'm going to say again that we don't have any actual confirmation via an official Disney schedule that the dessert event will be on Fridays. There's conflicting information right now from Disney itself as to whether it is Thursdays or Fridays and no real information as to which is correct.

I'm going to say again that we don't have any actual confirmation via an official Disney schedule that the dessert event will be on Fridays. There's conflicting information right now from Disney itself as to whether it is Thursdays or Fridays.

Thank you ... I don't understand why this seems so hard for people to grasp. :headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter