The 2009 DCI, WGI, BOA thread

It's an energy drink, put out by coke, much like redbull. And since the theater was on Disney property, and Disney is very much a coke palace, that was my only option.

It's an energy drink, put out by coke, much like redbull. And since the theater was on Disney property, and Disney is very much a coke palace, that was my only option.

Any good?

They all taste the same to me, and from what I hear, coke is about to discontinue it for their Monster product, which is about 20 oz. How much energy does one guy need?

They all taste the same to me, and from what I hear, coke is about to discontinue it for their Monster product, which is about 20 oz. How much energy does one guy need?

well ....
who's the one guy and...
who's he doing?

I mean what .... what's he doing?

aw you have to be kidding me! I didn't think PI was having it so I drove to Pointe..ggrrr

Troopers make fials for the first time since 1986! :cool1:

Welcome to Saturday night kids!

824077515_e19ee2514a.jpg

Dumb question, but how is the food in the dome? Are the prices ridiculus, and how are the selections? I would think since its brand new they would offer a little more than the standard hot dogs and peanuts.....

Prices are expensive at the dome. Nachos and cheese $5.00. coke $4.50, Burger basket $9>00 Chicken strips and fries $8.00. Bottled watetr $3.50, pizza $7.00 a slice.

pinnie

Prices are expensive at the dome. Nachos and cheese $5.00. coke $4.50, Burger basket $9>00 Chicken strips and fries $8.00. Bottled watetr $3.50, pizza $7.00 a slice.

pinnie

:scared1: Thank God for Cargo shorts!

:scared1: Thank God for Cargo shorts!

I have a small tote bag that I put some bottles of coke and some snacks. The bags were NOT checked at entry.

I am still in shock over the BDs score tonight and so were most of the people in the stands. Their drill was so simple compared to Holy Name..

We drive back to Detroit early tomorrow morning. I can't believe the season is over and ended on the note it did.

It was hard to find someone happy with Lucas Oil. The sound was horrible, the security was lax. We were in the Fans of DCI seats and someone in our row left during intermission and someone stole their bag of t shirts while they went out for a bathroom break. There was no one posted at the tunnels to stop people from sitting on the steps and not entering during a corp's performance. The dome never opened, so that was a disappointment, too.

Fan Favorite award took the place of the Spirit of Disney award since they are no longer a corporate sponsor.

I have to really think about coming back to finals next year.

pinnie

Pinnie....

Trying to not sound like an old fart, but unfortunatly, I see my days as a DCI fan endind soon......if things dont change.

Pinnie....

Trying to not sound like an old fart, but unfortunatly, I see my days as a DCI fan endind soon......if things dont change.

As much as I know some people hate the changes that have been made by DCI(and I am not a fan of some of them either) don't forget that these kids get up everyday and work very hard to pursue a goal. If I won the lottery, I'd give a lot of money to the Blue Stars because I believe in what they(and every other) corps does. Don't lose sight of that. Sure, maybe you won't go to finals, but maybe just stick to the theater broadcast or get DCI fan network and support them that way.

It bugs me that Disney isn't a corporate sponsor anymore. They have magic music days, yet they don't sponsor the most competitive marching music event. Of course with the decisions they make these days, I shouldn't be surprised.

Don't give up on DCI quite yet.

There are some incredible things happening out there.

Congrats to the Blue Devils for the title. The "show" didn't do much for me, but the musical book will be on my iPod very soon.

SCV played incredible music. And featured the music. And was breathtaking!Unfortunately they did not get rewarded as much as they should have.

Both Blue Stars and Troopers back on the field on Saturday night. Blue Stars put so much emotion (and fabric) on the field it was incredible. I think the show wanted to out-fabric the Phantom 1812 show from years back. Now they just need to come up with a show to break out the Hot Pants and really get the old school group on their feet! :lmao:

And Troop proved you can stay true to yourself and still move forward. Now we just need to get Madison in the right direction. Maybe a re-visit to Jesus Christ Superstar is in order. And our Converse clad friends from the Velvet Knights. That would be one incredible finals with those 4!

The Academy was one of my favorite shows of the season. They embraced a theme, but did not oversell it. Can't wait to see them on Saturday night next year.

And heck...I didn't even hate The Holy Name Garfield Cadets of Bergen County this year. Not that much they can do will EVER top In The Springtime... and To Tame the Perilous Skies. Those shows were amazing. But they really do know how to march like no one's business.

there were some shows that I will fast forward past on my DVD's (glassmen)and some that I will have ingrained in my screen from overplaying them (Blue Stars).

Not sure about the stadium. Think of the other option. Sitting in Bloomington with storms rolling through on a Semi-finals night. Then people would complain that if it was indoors, the rain wouldn't effect the corps.
If it isn't your cup of tea...go somewhere else (to watch that is). See a show in Phoenix, or Pasadena, or Stillwater, or Madison, or Allentown. If people "speak with their wallets" then hopefully DCI will look at options for change. Of course a long term contract with Camp Randall would be great, but that aint gonna happen.

And Zulemara said it best. The real story is the incredible things the kids on the field accomplish.

Oh...and thanks O-Mike. That pic of the Troop DM made me smile. I remember seeing them live for the first time in 1987 at Drums Along the Rockies. I was in awe of them.

It's not the kids I have issues with. And as someone who has dontaed thousands of hours cooking for numerous corps, I will never give up on the kids. I guess its the whole DCI becoming more and more like BOA that has me worried! Call me old school, but corps is corps, and band is band.....

It's not the kids I have issues with. And as someone who has dontaed thousands of hours cooking for numerous corps, I will never give up on the kids. I guess its the whole DCI becoming more and more like BOA that has me worried! Call me old school, but corps is corps, and band is band.....

I agree with you entirely. I just wanted to encourage you to stick with the activity for the good of the kids

It's NOT the kids! I bought more tour shirts from various corps this year than I have in previous years.

My issue is how DCI is treating it's fan base. DCI needs to realize that without the fans and sponsors, there won't BE corps. Charging $125 for a seat on the 30 yd line on the 4th floor is not a way to keep fans happy. Not only that, some of those seats had an annoying hand rail in the site line.

They ran out of food in one area on Semi night, the security was awful and the marketplace was a pain to get to.

I want to be excited to go back to finals next year, but I just may end up in Murfreesboro and hear corps outside in a venue that is perfect IMHO for shows!

pinnie

So I just downloaded the Quarterfinals performance and all 3 brass-only parts from the Carolina Crown show. I can't put into words how amazing this hornline is...just wow!

Thank you DCI for having these downloads available right when the off-season begins.

This is too funny. Leave it to a Disney Discussion Board to have a thread about DCI and WGI! I just completed my rook-out at the Bluecoats, and it was a summer I'll always remember! I also march in WGI as a member of Elysian Winter Guard out of Nashville. Back in high school, I was a marching member and then DM of the Clinton HS band out of Clinton, TN (2002-2006), so I guess I have the whole three-fold!

This is too funny. Leave it to a Disney Discussion Board to have a thread about DCI and WGI!

Dont be a stanger! We need more winter people on this thread. I'm pretty much a summer guy, but I try to get to the WGI Tampa regional when I can.

This is too funny. Leave it to a Disney Discussion Board to have a thread about DCI and WGI! I just completed my rook-out at the Bluecoats, and it was a summer I'll always remember! I also march in WGI as a member of Elysian Winter Guard out of Nashville. Back in high school, I was a marching member and then DM of the Clinton HS band out of Clinton, TN (2002-2006), so I guess I have the whole three-fold!

Congrats on the rook-out with Bluecoats!

I just have a question for you. What did you think of Lucas Oil Stadium from a field standpoint? Was there a lot of echo for you? I know it had to be comfortable with the air conditioning, just would like thoughts from the field.

pinnie

I was talking to a friend today, and they said Scouts are getting all new unis this year ......"retro".

I asked "Ohh White Pants?"

They said "think 20 years before the white pants!" :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter