That Foo's Boo Is Incredible!!! - Jan 14 TR *THE END 7/19 Pg. 51*

... and if you look just beyond that, that would be my car. :lmao: Oy, the parking lots can be a journey.

YES great minds think alike. I also bring the mug with me. Of course, I'm usually also drinking something (i.e. coffee) on the trip out, but it still applies as a good idea.

I completely agree. Drinking out of a giant fruit is sure to get people's attention. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great meal. Now obviously this isn't the first time I've heard about Bread Pudding. Raglan Road apparently gets high marks for it as well. But for the life of me I just can't get passed the concept of bread and pudding as a thing. It just seeems... odd. BUT so many people can't be wrong. It's quite the conundrum... and I don't use the word conundrum lightly. What is it about Bread Pudding that makes it so drool worthy?

THE LANTERN SCENE PULLOVER!!! Ahhhhh I love it.

The Poly is my favorite too. I hope to stay there if/when I ever get a CM discount.

Now that I am 21, I hope a Lapu Lapu is in my future. I don't actually enjoy pineapple, but I do love attention :banana:

Awwww I am melting at your mom "picking" Ohana. That is too sweet. :hug:

Look at you bein all smart and bringing the mugs with you! YOU GO GLEN COCO!!

Super cute shirt!! I kinda really wish I had bought a bunch of the stuff from hot topic but the shipping was way to pricey to ship up here, and I kinda just stopped caring before one of my states friends said to just ship it there lol! One day!!

Ahahha yes…leaving 5 hours before your adr time…#sotrue

I LOVE the Poly, and clearly, if there’s a dvc, it means I can rent points, and thus, it’s cheaper, and I am therefore game on whatever kind of expansion is happening! I think the Poly is next on my “repeat” resorts, if I’m solo or just with Steven, or for a quick trip. I love it there SO MUCH, but most of my friends can’t afford deluxe resorts lol…sometimes it pays to only spend money on Disney! :P It’s lobby is definitely one of those that has an amazing smell and is just amazing. I love it.

Lapu lapu’s are delicious. I feel like they are more delicious because they are served in a pineapple. I also feel like a trip to the Polynesian may be in order in November, because I would like to be drinking out of a pineapple and sitting on a beach right now… #sigh

I loved the noodles!! So much tasty!! I also had the same thing with the beef, I like mine rare, so it wasn’t a winner for the meat portions when we ate there. Bahahha! Bread in the wine, whoops!

Glad you guys enjoyed ohana so much! I really did like it, despite it not happening on a so great day lol, it was still an enjoyable experience, and I would totally go back, and that bread pudding!SO YUMMY!

Hahaha! "I want my pink shirt back!!!" :lmao:

Anytime you want to order something from Hot Topic, you can just let me know. We can ship it to me and then I'll send it off to you. ;)

The very first time I stayed at Poly, it was only for two nights. We were DVC by the time we stayed there on points, and it was a LOT of points. But worth it. We just can't do it all the time.

They are infinitely more delicious because they are served in pineapples!

I would go back to Ohana for the bread pudding alone!

Ohana looks yummy.

Too bad I'll never try it because of all my food allergies.

Awwww, that's too bad! :sad2:

Ah, the Poly... :cloud9:

Mmmm, 'Ohana!

Well, guess that about sums it up! :rotfl2:

It does sum it up! :rotfl:

Ah O'Hana. How I miss thee...

Yes even with my allergies I go. The chef comes out and we go over what I can and shouldn't have and they make me special stuff.. :goodvibes
I need a special salad and special chicken. Apparently the dressing and marinade is a no-no for me. I am guessing mustard.

The last time I was at O'Hana it was speed dining. I mean the meat was out 10 min after the salad. In fact the kitchen didn't my stuff out until way afterwards. Still a fantastic meal.

You may be able to request a skewer of meat cooked to your taste. Don't think I ever tried but I do remember them coming around with " medium rare" or "medium well" maybe?

So glad the Yeti did not hop in your pineapple.:lmao:

Love the Poly pics! It really is a beautiful place, isn’t it?

Your Center of Attention, oh, I mean Lapu Lapu, looked really tasty. ;) Looks like Yeti may have enjoyed it as much as you did! Glad you enjoyed your ‘Ohana meal.

I love the idea that you each picked one new-to-you restaurant! What a really fun way to do it.

It really is beautiful.

My center of attention Lapu Lapu was super yummy!

I really liked our idea too. We've been running out of restaurants from going there for so many years, so we try to mix it up.

It's been awhile since I have eaten at Ohana's - mostly because my last meal there was like 2 hours long. :faint: and they never bring the shrimp until I'm full. Boo!

But those chicken wings, noodles, and broccoli. I could totally make a meal out of that.

And, you're right - nothing does say "look at me" quite as much as a lapu lapu does. :rotfl2:

Fun meal with lots of great pictures of the gang. And Yeti, too!

They do bring out the shrimp really late, don't they? Two hours, that's crazy! The early seating time definitely helped the meal to go by faster.

I agree! I could have made a meal out of that too.

The Poly is really so beautiful. I can't say that I've ever noticed a smell in there, but then I've not really been there much!
We haven't done 'Ohana. I can't see us trying either, we wouldn't eat most of it. I'm glad you mentioned that there's no option on the steak because my DH would be the opposite of you -- he eats his well done and wouldn't want any pink at all! That dessert though... some day I really need to try that!!

I'm sorry you wouldn't eat most of what they have! It's so yummy. But then again, I will eat pretty much anything. :rotfl2:

Ohana - we must have had a chef who appreciated meat cooked rare, or at least medium rare, because we had some steak that wasn't cooked to death. I had the most delicious gluten free chicken wings, too. :goodvibes

I could see wearing those widgets on the Magic Bands in the warm weather, but not when wearing long sleeves. I had enough trouble pulling that band out from under my jacket sleeve when going through the touch styles without any widgets on it. They'd be popping off all the time if I had a jacket on.

Well that's cool that you got better meat! It wasn't inedible by any means, but it was a little cooked for my taste.

I agree! The MB's were a little tough when wearing longer sleeves. It's like "oh shoot, I forgot I have to pull out my magic band!"

Adorable shirt!

I'm with you on writing way too much for way too long. I tried handwriting my notes in December, ending up stopping after the 2nd day. :rotfl: I imagine typing to be a much better experience.

I'm really glad to hear your O'hana dinner was a success. Alex begged me to stalk the Disney dining page in hopes of scoring a meal there. I ended up getting a 5 o'clock one for May, and after reading your review I"m glad I did.

I'm also relieved to hear the dessert is still amazing without any chocolate.
I had my worries.:rotfl:

I wish I could have been another guest dining that night to have been able to witness Yeti stealing sips from your Lapu Lapu. :rotfl2: You gotta keep your eye on him...

I used to hand write my notes too. And then I bought a wireless keyboard for my iPad, and was eternally grateful at that point. My hand is saved!

I'm glad you were able to get a reservation in May! I think you'll enjoy it. We definitely had a good experience.

... and if you look just beyond that, that would be my car. :lmao: Oy, the parking lots can be a journey.

YES great minds think alike. I also bring the mug with me. Of course, I'm usually also drinking something (i.e. coffee) on the trip out, but it still applies as a good idea.

I completely agree. Drinking out of a giant fruit is sure to get people's attention. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great meal. Now obviously this isn't the first time I've heard about Bread Pudding. Raglan Road apparently gets high marks for it as well. But for the life of me I just can't get passed the concept of bread and pudding as a thing. It just seeems... odd. BUT so many people can't be wrong. It's quite the conundrum... and I don't use the word conundrum lightly. What is it about Bread Pudding that makes it so drool worthy?

Hahahaha. It was certainly a journey to get out there.

If I have the car, I am most definitely bringing the mug with me. I'm all for effective use of my time.

So I take it from your bread pudding conundrum that you've never had it? :lmao: Here's the thing on bread pudding. If it's not made well, it's not good at all. There has to be balance. In the case of Ohana, it's made awesome by the sauce they use on it mixed with the ice cream. Throw in the fact that it's warm and you've got a winner. I hope that explains it? ;)

THE LANTERN SCENE PULLOVER!!! Ahhhhh I love it.

The Poly is my favorite too. I hope to stay there if/when I ever get a CM discount.

Now that I am 21, I hope a Lapu Lapu is in my future. I don't actually enjoy pineapple, but I do love attention :banana:

Awwww I am melting at your mom "picking" Ohana. That is too sweet. :hug:

I love it too!

You will be a CM and you will get a discount! ;)

You don't have to enjoy pineapple to like the Lapu Lapu. It's more for show than anything else. It doesn't have overwhelming pineapple taste.

New to your report and loving it......:goodvibes

:welcome:

I'm glad you're here.

Ah O'Hana. How I miss thee...

Yes even with my allergies I go. The chef comes out and we go over what I can and shouldn't have and they make me special stuff.. :goodvibes
I need a special salad and special chicken. Apparently the dressing and marinade is a no-no for me. I am guessing mustard.

The last time I was at O'Hana it was speed dining. I mean the meat was out 10 min after the salad. In fact the kitchen didn't my stuff out until way afterwards. Still a fantastic meal.

You may be able to request a skewer of meat cooked to your taste. Don't think I ever tried but I do remember them coming around with " medium rare" or "medium well" maybe?

So glad the Yeti did not hop in your pineapple.:lmao:

At least you can still go and they can accommodate for you!

This particular time, they timed the meal just right. We weren't waiting a really long time for anything, but we were also finished with what we had eaten prior before they showed up. It was pretty nice.

I didn't think about asking them to cook a separate skewer. I'm actually not a huge complainer at restaurants (as will become evident later in the trip when I should have said something earlier abut my meal, and I didn't). Even though I know it's not complaining, I just get weird about it. LOL.

Yum! We have O'Hana booked for our next trip. We have never eaten there. As a girl on a diet but planning on splurging at Disney...do they serve that heavenly looking dessert family style or does everyone get their own? I just don't know if I can share! I don't even really love bananas but that just looks so darn good!!

Ohana for dinner was beyond words..... I can't believe we waited this long to go there for dinner. I am so glad I "picked" it as my choice :thumbsup2. We will have to go back again for sure.

The Polynesian is for me the number one choice too..... that is why I already warned your dad once DVC becomes available there for purchase :lmao::lmao:
I will so buy points there.

I will never forget your reaction when we surprised you with two nights there. :love::love:

Ohana for dinner!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 That meal is AMAZING!!! :woohoo:

We eat there every time we go to Orlando... Even if we don't do Disney :-)eek:), we still go to Ohana for dinner...

I know all about the writing out of a trip journal…I went to hawaii last summer and spent a week in the touristy area and three days at Aulani after that and I wanted to write a trip report for Aulani…well…I wrote basically a novel for the first week, continued writing it up until october, and never got to the Aulani part of the trip -.- typing is definitely the better alternative

Just came across your trip report and LOVE IT so far. You and your family are hilarious. I so want to go on vacation with you guys. :) I am catching up on some of your older reports now.

CUTE shirt!!!!!!!!!! Love it

Yes, a car is nice. Pros and cons for sure but :rotfl2: about leaving 5 hours early to get to dinner.

Nothing does say look at me like drinking out of a pineapple.

I love Ohana though for some reason I think we thought it was the pork that was overcooked, versus the beef.

YUM!

Poor dad with chunks of bread in his wine but what a fun update, you guys clearly had a blast at dinner.

I loved O'Hanas for supper !! I very nervously booked it for the family. DD had not in the past been a fan of Family style Dining ,her reaction!!! FANTASTIC. She loved the salad as did the kids, and attacked the pot stickers with a vengence !!:rotfl2:The noodles were declared delish and as broccoli is a favarite it to was perfect. She loved the meats with the exception of the shrimp as she is NOT a fish eater, I however loved them. I think the chicken was our favorite meat. Next was the thing that had me worried the most DESSERT. When I saw the gang attack it I knew the meal was a comlete success !! Would we do it again Oh YES!!!

Danielle, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pictures of the Polynesian. We have a soft spot for it too...it was the second resort we stayed at with the boys (after the Contemporary) and it holds a special place in our hearts. I am looking forward to the DVD, too, I think, as for a special occasion, I would love to stay there again.

Unfortunately, Mark and I are in the minority. We did not care for Ohana when we ate there last August. We wanted to love it, but we just didn't. The potstickers and chicken were good, Mark liked the salad, I loved the shrimp, but we were not a fan of the noodles or the meat at all. I will say that Mark would love to go just for the dessert. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I took a picture of this fountain in the courtyard, which I thought was really pretty.
I agree, very pretty!
...At this point in the trip, I was already on page 8 of the word document I had created. And to clarify. I type up to 60 words a minute, and I can spend a minimum of an hour typing about 1/2 a day. I got issues.
Oh, my, 8 pages?? That's impressive! It's great that you document your trips, it's fun to look back on them.
I mean come on! What's not to love about this resort? I absolutely love the smell. A lot of people love the smell of the Beach Club. I do too, but this one holds so many memories for me for some reason. I can smell it now just looking at the pictures.
I've never stayed at the Poly, but we've eaten at Kona Cafe a couple of times and I know what you mean. Being one of the original resorts at WDW is what does it for me, like you can feel the Disney history there.

Yum! We have O'Hana booked for our next trip. We have never eaten there. As a girl on a diet but planning on splurging at Disney...do they serve that heavenly looking dessert family style or does everyone get their own? I just don't know if I can share! I don't even really love bananas but that just looks so darn good!!

The dessert is served family style, but since it's all you can eat, you ken definitely ask for more. :lmao:

Ohana for dinner was beyond words..... I can't believe we waited this long to go there for dinner. I am so glad I "picked" it as my choice :thumbsup2. We will have to go back again for sure.

The Polynesian is for me the number one choice too..... that is why I already warned your dad once DVC becomes available there for purchase :lmao::lmao:
I will so buy points there.

I will never forget your reaction when we surprised you with two nights there. :love::love:

You did good "picking" it as your choice. LOL.

I remember when you surprised me with two additional nights there too. I think crying happened. ;)

Ohana for dinner!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 That meal is AMAZING!!! :woohoo:

We eat there every time we go to Orlando... Even if we don't do Disney :-)eek:), we still go to Ohana for dinner...

There is absolutely no shame in going to Ohana even though you're not going to Disney!

I know all about the writing out of a trip journal…I went to hawaii last summer and spent a week in the touristy area and three days at Aulani after that and I wanted to write a trip report for Aulani…well…I wrote basically a novel for the first week, continued writing it up until october, and never got to the Aulani part of the trip -.- typing is definitely the better alternative

It's totally like writing a novel, isn't it?! It's insane how much I type about our trips. I think I'm afraid of forgetting something funny. But, I much prefer typing now. Plus, since I'm always thinking about whether or not I'm going to write a TR, I always come back to typing.

Just came across your trip report and LOVE IT so far. You and your family are hilarious. I so want to go on vacation with you guys. :) I am catching up on some of your older reports now.

:welcome:

I'm glad that you stopped by! We're a silly bunch. :rotfl2:

CUTE shirt!!!!!!!!!! Love it

Yes, a car is nice. Pros and cons for sure but :rotfl2: about leaving 5 hours early to get to dinner.

Nothing does say look at me like drinking out of a pineapple.

I love Ohana though for some reason I think we thought it was the pork that was overcooked, versus the beef.

YUM!

Poor dad with chunks of bread in his wine but what a fun update, you guys clearly had a blast at dinner.

But it really does feel like you have to leave five hours before dinner when you have to take the bus, doesn't it? :lmao:

You know those movies, where it goes to slow motion and the character is like "nnnnoooooooooooo"? That's exactly what happened to my Dad at that moment when the bread went into his wine. :rotfl2:

I loved O'Hanas for supper !! I very nervously booked it for the family. DD had not in the past been a fan of Family style Dining ,her reaction!!! FANTASTIC. She loved the salad as did the kids, and attacked the pot stickers with a vengence !!:rotfl2:The noodles were declared delish and as broccoli is a favarite it to was perfect. She loved the meats with the exception of the shrimp as she is NOT a fish eater, I however loved them. I think the chicken was our favorite meat. Next was the thing that had me worried the most DESSERT. When I saw the gang attack it I knew the meal was a comlete success !! Would we do it again Oh YES!!!

I'm so glad that it was a hit with everyone! I was nervous about it, simply because it gets mixed reviews. But we all enjoyed it very much. We would absolutely do it again also!

Danielle, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pictures of the Polynesian. We have a soft spot for it too...it was the second resort we stayed at with the boys (after the Contemporary) and it holds a special place in our hearts. I am looking forward to the DVD, too, I think, as for a special occasion, I would love to stay there again.

Unfortunately, Mark and I are in the minority. We did not care for Ohana when we ate there last August. We wanted to love it, but we just didn't. The potstickers and chicken were good, Mark liked the salad, I loved the shrimp, but we were not a fan of the noodles or the meat at all. I will say that Mark would love to go just for the dessert. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I was slightly nervous about Ohana, based on the mixed reviews on the DIS, but decided to go with it because it fit the criteria that was laid out in our requirements for making dining selections. :lmao: I completely agree on the dessert. If I didn't really like the meal, I would totally go back for the dessert, I'm not gonna lie.

I agree, very pretty!

Oh, my, 8 pages?? That's impressive! It's great that you document your trips, it's fun to look back on them.

I've never stayed at the Poly, but we've eaten at Kona Cafe a couple of times and I know what you mean. Being one of the original resorts at WDW is what does it for me, like you can feel the Disney history there.

It is a lot of fun to look back on them. I now document every trip I take, which gives me something to look back on that coincides with the pictures.

I love the fact that it's an original resort too. When I was little and we first started going, it was only Fort Wilderness, the Contemporary, the Polynesian, and the Disney Inn (at the time). I just thought that the Polynesian was so swanky. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter