Thanks Uncle Sam! I'm going to Disneyland! PTR

6 more sleeps!

I haven't started packing yet...I'm trying to play guess the weather. :) Looks like mid 70's so far so I'm thinking I will need jeans/t-shirts for the most part. I'll probably throw in some capri's too just it in case it gets warmer. I'll keep an eye on the weather as I get closer as well.

I was surfing Travelzoo to see if there was any Mandera Spa deals and found a deal for a whale watching tour out of Long Beach. I'm kind of thinking about doing it on the last Saturday that I fly home. They have a 9AM tour that day. Any thoughts?

http://2seewhales.com/index.asp

Chicago was great! I had super seats. John O'Hurley sings just like he talks! I did splurge and subscribe for next year's Broadway season. I'm excited because Kinky Boots will be here in September.

Jill in CO

Layers are your friend. It'll be warm during the day and chilly at night. Not CO/UT chilly but not warm either based on highs in the low 70's.

6 more sleeps!

I haven't started packing yet...I'm trying to play guess the weather. :) Looks like mid 70's so far so I'm thinking I will need jeans/t-shirts for the most part. I'll probably throw in some capri's too just it in case it gets warmer. I'll keep an eye on the weather as I get closer as well.

I was surfing Travelzoo to see if there was any Mandera Spa deals and found a deal for a whale watching tour out of Long Beach. I'm kind of thinking about doing it on the last Saturday that I fly home. They have a 9AM tour that day. Any thoughts?

http://2seewhales.com/index.asp

Chicago was great! I had super seats. John O'Hurley sings just like he talks! I did splurge and subscribe for next year's Broadway season. I'm excited because Kinky Boots will be here in September.

Jill in CO

Whale watching is nice and if you can be on a boat in Long Beach that early after a big dinner I'd say go for it. It would put you in Long Beach and once you're done, we would be awake and we could check out Casa Nueva before you have to head to the airport.

I saw John O'Hurley in Spamalot and he was brilliant!

Hi again Jill!

I'm getting so excited for you! Will you do me a big favor and drop a quick line about your Blue Bayou experience next week? I want to know if the ride being down for refurb affected your reservation (or if it destroyed the ambiance). We have lunch ressies in May while it's still scheduled to be down, but we have a backup plan if need be.

I'm also anxious to hear all about the Chef's Counter. We'll be there on a Thursday evening as well. I'm wondering if Chef Sutton typically works on Thursdays, and how you enjoyed your dishes (regardless).

Thanks and have a magical trip!

I'm not Jill but I can tell you if you have a reservation at the Blue Bayou the Pirates will be open. The two are linked as one, that was Walt's Wish. Each one completes the other so one can not be open if the other is closed.

It's been my experience that Andrew Sutton is not at Napa Rose on Sundays and Mondays, but being the head chef in charge of the Signature restaurants who knows when he might be absent from Napa. Thursday is a good bet to see him though.

Layers are your friend. It'll be warm during the day and chilly at night. Not CO/UT chilly but not warm either based on highs in the low 70's.

I've been wearing capris and tanks tops mostly, except for the last week when highs have been in the 60s. I've been wearing T-shirts for the last week. We are even supposed to have rain Wednesday! Gasp! At night I just put on a flannel and I'm fine. I find that inside the parks the ambient temperature is warmer, like they warm the pavement or something.

I am always warm. However Fran wore shorts today and the high was supposed to be 69.

Whale watching is nice and if you can be on a boat in Long Beach that early after a big dinner I'd say go for it. It would put you in Long Beach and once you're done, we would be awake and we could check out Casa Nueva before you have to head to the airport.

I saw John O'Hurley in Spamalot and he was brilliant!

The late night before is the one thing holding me back. I'm thinking I am just going to skip it this trip...I'll be back some of these days and I'd much rather enjoy myself on Friday night. :)

Jill in CO

I can't wait to hear what other surprise plans you have in store!

Yay for a cheaper rental car! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

And double yay :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: for 5 more sleeps!

I'll be sure to report back but I'm not showing POTC as being closed at least per the DL website. I'll let you know one way or the other.

Jill in CO

Well, I don't know what I was thinking... you are absolutely right, and Pirates will be open during your visit, but will also definitely be closed beginning May 1, according to the official website. If you happen to think about it, will you ask your waiter or someone at the podium whether they will indeed be open for business in Mid-May?

Alison - Thank you for your response as well. I agree that it would be weird to have the restaurant open, and I could not see how they could work on it and have the water running in the "Bayou". And the restaurant without the Bayou... can't imagine. However, when I look at the calendar for May 5, for example, Pirates is scheduled to be closed for refurb, but the reservation system lets me see times available to eat at BB.

This is a mystery!!! Thank you both for your input. Fingers crossed that there will be a good outcome for everyone!

3 more sleeps and I'm so not ready to go yet! I did manage to put 4 pairs of capris and a nice dress in the suitcase last night. I guess that's some progress! :rotfl: I'm headed to Colorado Springs (about an hour drive) to meet up with my friend and her family from MN...her oldest daughter just moved to *** with her new husband.,...so tonight is shot too. ;) I have to hit the laundry and packing hard tomorrow night! (Not sure why the abbreviation for Colorado Springs was starred out?!!?!?!)

In other news, DCL opened up booking for Platinum and Gold today for the new summer 2015 itineraries. I got quotes for both the Eastbound Transatlantic cruise from Florida to Copenhagen and for the 5 day repo from San Diego to Vancouver.

The 5 day repo was $4400 for 1 adult and the Transatlantic was $2500 for just me. I had my TA book the Transatlantic. Not sure if I will end up keeping it but its booked anyway. :) Anyone want to be my roommate and split the cost...$1300 for a 15 night cruise isn't bad!

Jill in CO

I can't believe your trip is just around the corner.

Have fun with your friends tonight.

That sounds like a fun cruise, but my 2015 trips are expensive enough with going to Phoenix/DL/Vegas for two weeks.

3 more sleeps and I'm so not ready to go yet! I did manage to put 4 pairs of capris and a nice dress in the suitcase last night. I guess that's some progress! :rotfl: I'm headed to Colorado Springs (about an hour drive) to meet up with my friend and her family from MN...her oldest daughter just moved to *** with her new husband.,...so tonight is shot too. ;) I have to hit the laundry and packing hard tomorrow night! (Not sure why the abbreviation for Colorado Springs was starred out?!!?!?!)

In other news, DCL opened up booking for Platinum and Gold today for the new summer 2015 itineraries. I got quotes for both the Eastbound Transatlantic cruise from Florida to Copenhagen and for the 5 day repo from San Diego to Vancouver.

The 5 day repo was $4400 for 1 adult and the Transatlantic was $2500 for just me. I had my TA book the Transatlantic. Not sure if I will end up keeping it but its booked anyway. :) Anyone want to be my roommate and split the cost...$1300 for a 15 night cruise isn't bad!

Jill in CO

Great price on the transatlantic, that isn't bad at all! A lot of the northern ones looked really good. Jeff couldn't take a cruise quite that long with that many at sea days but it will be wonderful (if you end up keeping it lol).

Items in a suitcase are a great start!

I'll be getting my quotes tomorrow. I want to rebook on board.

Glad you've made a little packing process. :woohoo:

3 sleeps girl!!!!

I can't wait to see the new itineraries! I'm a lowly silver so I can't see yet. Corinna will be booking the EB TA on her PC cruise as well.

Only 5 days until our first meet up!

I can't wait to see the new itineraries! I'm a lowly silver so I can't see yet. Corinna will be booking the EB TA on her PC cruise as well.

Only 5 days until our first meet up!

Here you go!

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...ne-announces-magical-summer-2015-itineraries/

I know! I'm so excited to finally meet you in 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if I will keep the cruise or not....its a lot of time to take off work but we'll see. :) I at least have the price locked in!

Jill in CO

OMG!!!! I want to book the 2 day cruise to nowhere from San Diego!!!!!! That will get us just one more cruise closer to platinum! I'm calling tomorrow or booking online, can us silvers do that?

OMG!!!! I want to book the 2 day cruise to nowhere from San Diego!!!!!! That will get us just one more cruise closer to platinum! I'm calling tomorrow or booking online, can us silvers do that?

Did you book it?!?!?!?!?!

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter