Terrible service at Grand Floridian

The same thing happened to us in April. I couldn't believe the problems we had because I thought GF was the best resort on property with their ridiculous prices. Our room had multiple issues and the bathroom looked like something of a motel vs a $700 a night hotel. Luckily, we had a good manager and they gave us some "dining credits" which was nice. I would never stay there again though! Definitely not worth the price IMO.
That's the thing, it's not the best resort on property. There's no best resort. It's just like any other deluxe in what it offers. It's just another of the same. People what to think it's better and maybe they put it on too high a horse and it's never going to meet expectations.

I know it's my least favorite deluxe but that's because of the decor and general attitude of so many guests who stay there. Not all mind you, not at all but so many act like they are special and are just rude. I see a higher percentage of that type of guest when at GF

Are your problems similar to or different from the issues you reported 2 years ago over @ a Universal hotel? https://www.disboards.com/threads/sapphire-falls-here-now-whats-going-on.3636251/
Most of this is service related, room is fine except for some garbage under the bed. I wasn’t even going to report that. If you are suggesting I complain a lot, I’ve been at 6 different Disney resorts and 3 universal hotels since then and no problems. I’m really not that picky, I stay at Super8 and Rosen inns with some regularity. And I’ve been a member of these boards since 2000 and a Dvc member since 96 and these are my only hotel complaints.

Last edited:
Most of this is service related, room is fine except for some garbage under the bed. I wasn’t even going to report that. If you are suggesting I complain a lot, I’ve been at 6 different Disney resorts and 3 universal hotels since then and no problems. I’m really not that picky, I stay at Super8 and Rosen inns with some regularity.

What type of service- restaurant, mouse keeping, etc?

What type of service- restaurant, mouse keeping, etc?
3 of the issues were at restaurants and before you say I should’ve taken them up with the restaurant manager just let me say I was on the deluxe dining plan and the way they fix things is with more food. I didn’t need more food and I didn’t make my mind up to complain until after the 3rd restaurant. That incident I feel needs to be brought to someone’s attention. Where the first two restaurants actions were not deliberate in any way, I wonder strongly about the third. There were other issues I also wanted to discuss with them. Like I said, I’m used to having some issues when I travel and I chalk it up to bad luck, but I feel there were just too many here not to say something.

3 of the issues were at restaurants and before you say I should’ve taken them up with the restaurant manager just let me say I was on the deluxe dining plan and the way they fix things is with more food. I didn’t need more food and I didn’t make my mind up to complain until after the 3rd restaurant. That incident I feel needs to be brought to someone’s attention. Where the first two restaurants actions were not deliberate in any way, I wonder strongly about the third. There were other issues I also wanted to discuss with them. Like I said, I’m used to having some issues when I travel and I chalk it up to bad luck, but I feel there were just too many here not to say something.
Why won't you elaborate? Many here wanna know the issues

I’ll disagree with you. You should have reported to the manager on duty at the restaurant immediately. They could have tried to correct the issues then and there. Waiting and then reporting three complaints at once- what do you want them to do? You ate there, continued to eat and then complain afterwards. The hotel manager (unless it was at GF) is probably not the best person to handle- the restaurant manager is who you should have immediately on the spot asked for.

Since you didn’t make your mind up to complain until the third time they must nor have bothered you that much the first two times !

Sorry, but that's too darn bad. You have an issue with the restaurant, you speak to the RESTURANT at that time. It is who needs to know, then and there. Not later because you don't think you'll like the recourse they offer. That's just a ridiculous reason to not complain. The reason to complain is to inform the management so they can correct the action, not get some recourse out of them. That's just something that may happen too, there's never any certainty that they'll offer more than I'm Sorry.

Sorry if that's not easy to hear but letting things pile up like you did wasn't a better way to get things fixed.

When an incident occurs Disney wants to know immediately so they can remedy the situation. If it's at a restaurant you talk to the restaurant manager. If it's problems with the room, it's the hotel management. If it's problems with transportation, there's a transportation manager. There isn't much they can do for you after you leave!

We've had problems during our stay (unfortunately staying at deluxe resorts is out of my budget), but we don't wait. Managers actually thank us for bringing things to their attention. They don't know a problem exists unless someone informs them. Yes, it might have taken some time away from your vacation, but they would have worked with you.

What would you like them to do now? You stayed, didn't go to management. Didn't complain about the food and you ate it. You say you waited until 3rd restaurant to complain. Why? Disney is expensive, and if you feel your not getting what you paid for, or what you expected, why not raise your concerns at the appropriate time?

Last edited:
I’ll disagree with you. You should have reported to the manager on duty at the restaurant immediately. They could have tried to correct the issues then and there. Waiting and then reporting three complaints at once- what do you want them to do? You ate there, continued to eat and then complain afterwards. The hotel manager (unless it was at GF) is probably not the best person to handle- the restaurant manager is who you should have immediately on the spot asked for.

Since you didn’t make your mind up to complain until the third time they must nor have bothered you that much the first two times !
If they had been the same issue, agreed. And as I already stated it is because of the amount of issues. I want them to fix them so some other sucker doesn’t have to put up with the issues. As I stated in my first post I will eat at citricos again.

If they had been the same issue, agreed. And as I already stated it is because of the amount of issues. I want them to fix them so some other sucker doesn’t have to put up with the issues. As I stated in my first post I will eat at citricos again.

But, how are they going to know there’s an issue unless you say something? You didn’t say anything at the first 2 restaurants. They aren’t going to be able to fix a problem unless they know there is one...

If you had mentioned on FIRST issue at the RESTAURANT half of your frustration wouldn’t have happened (going to front desk numerous times, calling, emailing, etc). If you’d let the restaurant manager know then and there you wouldn’t have wasted time.

Care to elaborate on what the three issues are?

Enjoy HH it’s beautiful there- if you drink have a big one!

If you had mentioned on FIRST issue at the RESTAURANT half of your frustration wouldn’t have happened (going to front desk numerous times, calling, emailing, etc). If you’d let the restaurant manager know then and there you wouldn’t have wasted time.

Care to elaborate on what the three issues are?

Enjoy HH it’s beautiful there- if you drink have a big one!
Ouch. Nothing like beating around the bush.

A message board will not solve your problems. Go to the front desk and ask for manager. There will always be one on duty. Don’t leave until they speak with you.

What in the world will the hotel manager do for your 3 bad dining experiences. Just curious, is this a joke?

Last edited:
Really? If the restaurant was not at the hotel, then agreed. But if the restaurant issues were all at the hotel, ultimately, isn't the hotel general manager responsible for EVERYTHING that happens at the hotel, regardless of where it happened? Doesn't the restaurant manager report to the general manager of the hotel?

Really? If the restaurant was not at the hotel, then agreed. But if the restaurant issues were all at the hotel, ultimately, isn't the hotel general manager responsible for EVERYTHING that happens at the hotel, regardless of where it happened? Doesn't the restaurant manager report to the general manager of the hotel?

Whatever manager is correct issue is it should have been brought up after the first incident!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter