Terrible service at Grand Floridian

So here is how bad the service is, after 21/2 days of one thing after another I had had enough. I went to the front desk to complain and I went through briefly with a girl at the desk many of the things that have happened, because you couldn’t find anybody in a suit. She listened and said I’ll have my manager get in touch with you right away. 26 hours later still waiting(she did scan my magic band). Oh and 2 more things have happened since talking to her, not counting them not getting in touch with me. I am not that picky and I have stayed at every other Disney resort on property. I thought I was saving the best for last but I will not be staying here again. The room is nice no doubt about it. If only one or two or three of the issues had happened I would have just gone on about my business, but it has been unreal all the different things and the amount of times I’ve had to complain to get something fixed that should have already been done. My rant is now over. I will eat at Citricos again.
I had a few problems as well at the Grand Floridian last month. Spoke with a few managers and they were very rude and felt they were above us. I will be returning over and over again....they won't stop us from visiting our beloved GF....and hopefully the managers have moved on to someplace else, as they don't belong there. I hope your next experience will be a good one.

I had a few problems as well at the Grand Floridian last month. Spoke with a few managers and they were very rude and felt they were above us. I will be returning over and over again....they won't stop us from visiting our beloved GF....and hopefully the managers have moved on to someplace else, as they don't belong there. I hope your next experience will be a good one.
I've read that GF is usually the final place people end up in their careers.

Apparently the old timers and people look for promotions from other resorts get annoyed at DCP kids coming in and being 'loud and obnoxious'

When DD and I stayed at the Yacht Club last year, there was an overall feeling of contentment with our stay. There may have been little things wrong, but they don’t come to mind because we were so enjoying our stay.

That said, I totally get where the OP is coming from. I don’t need particulars to tell me that his/her stay there was tempered with enough little things (and not so little things) that overall led to a disappointing vibe. I appreciate this thread and like the sense of balance positive and negative reports bring to this board!

the OP has already mentioned cold fries. If he doesn't want to say what the issues were, then that's up to him. He already knows he should have brought them to the attention of the restaurant manager but didn't because he thought they would reciprocate with "more food." Which appears to be because he was on the dining plan, and for that reason they won't give him a money credit, at the most they will restore the dining credits and they still have to eat somewhere to use the restored credit. which makes me think he was possibly going for getting offered a room credit instead.

just makes me glad I don't use the dining plan.

So here is how bad the service is, after 21/2 days of one thing after another I had had enough. I went to the front desk to complain and I went through briefly with a girl at the desk many of the things that have happened, because you couldn’t find anybody in a suit. She listened and said I’ll have my manager get in touch with you right away. 26 hours later still waiting(she did scan my magic band). Oh and 2 more things have happened since talking to her, not counting them not getting in touch with me. I am not that picky and I have stayed at every other Disney resort on property. I thought I was saving the best for last but I will not be staying here again. The room is nice no doubt about it. If only one or two or three of the issues had happened I would have just gone on about my business, but it has been unreal all the different things and the amount of times I’ve had to complain to get something fixed that should have already been done. My rant is now over. I will eat at Citricos again.

It’s awful if your stay becomes one bad thing after another.
Obviously it is highlighted and heightened if you try to resolve with staff and get nowhere.
Then all your issues grow..

Whatever the main problems were-
If not addressed at the time and not fixed to your satisfaction;
The choice becomes do you ‘let it go’
Or proceed with further communications?

Essentially , we can all have varying experiences; even though we may be at the same place/at the same time etc.
We’ve not stayed at the GF; however the concierge was most helpful when we had a lost & found issue.
He went over and above.

(I do find the hotel a little stuffy also as some posters have stated.)

Off topic slightly:
In a totally different situation (it was in the real world)
I once became rather obsessed with correspondence I started as a rebuttal of an incident -total he said/she said
It went on and on & was very tiring

I’ve since learned some things simply happen & we can’t focus on them too much or we end up with too many negative emotions & it’s not happy or healthy to live that way.

I agree that details are needed to be able to help or empathize with the OP, or even to find his post helpful. I'm not looking to tear the OP apart over the details. I've complained at WDW multiple times & think every guest has a right to do so (politely) when problems arise. So I'm not looking to belittle the OP's grievances at all. But it really isn't fair to make a blanket statement in a title about a specific resort having terrible service, and then refuse to explain what exactly the service problems were. If you want to share about a bad experience, withholding basic information about the experience isn't the way to do it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter