• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taking the DVC tour

I can confirm...we just did a tour this week and added on at Copper Creek. We also own at Grand Floridian. It was super easy. They showed us the 1BR, 2BR and Cabin at Copper Creek and since we were already members, didn't bore us with things we didn't need to hear. The only incentive we got for doing it there was the additional 3 fast passes, but we loved those and they were very easy to use and added to our enjoyment for our remaining few days at Disney. Now can't wait to use our Copper Creek points. We stayed at a 1br for a night at the start of this vacation to sample it and we loved it.
Current members don't get anything buy FPs. You don't get the gift card.

So this is the offer I still see on MDE: When you attend an Open House Tour, you will receive 3 additional FastPass+ selections for your party (up to 6 people).**

It qualifies the offer saying that the FP must "be reserved and used within 4 (four) days of activation." Do you still have to reserve this FP, or are they anytime/any attraction (other than those explicitly excluded).

On exclusions -- it says the FP can't be used for character greeting experiences -- does this include Enchanted Tales with Belle?
Not to seem ungrateful, but getting fast passes with a maximum of only 4 days in advance would probably mean that there wouldn't be a lot of wanted slots for FPs available would they?

Not to seem ungrateful, but getting fast passes with a maximum of only 4 days in advance would probably mean that there wouldn't be a lot of wanted slots for FPs available would they?

They are special, untimed, extra FPs. They can be used at any time on any experience except the top E Ticket ones that have low ride capacity. Just walk up to Test Track at any time and scan in and they let you in.

I did the tour at Copper Creek today and they gave me and my sister $100 gifts cards. Since we were staying at WL already, it was really convenient. We did it at 8:30am before the rest of our friends woke up and it took an hour.

The gift cards were one per household and we booked our tour the day before in MK.

Oh about FPs, they automatically added three per person in our room into the app even though only two of us went on the tour.

Question regarding the FP's, I am hoping to take the tour with my cousin and I on our first day down there that we're not at a park. We have two young teenagers with us who would have no interest sitting in a presentation like this / have no money to financially commit to a timeshare / legally cannot haha. Would we get the three fastpasses for them if they stayed back at the hotel and the adults went to the presentation?

Question regarding the FP's, I am hoping to take the tour with my cousin and I on our first day down there that we're not at a park. We have two young teenagers with us who would have no interest sitting in a presentation like this / have no money to financially commit to a timeshare / legally cannot haha. Would we get the three fastpasses for them if they stayed back at the hotel and the adults went to the presentation?

I'm pretty sure no.

My sister and I did the tour back in November and they automatically added anytime FPs to MDE for everyone in our room (even those who didn't come on the tour).

My sister and I did the tour back in November and they automatically added anytime FPs to MDE for everyone in our room (even those who didn't come on the tour).

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it! I really can't see why they wouldn't, because they can't expect kids or the average pre-teens to want to sit through a meeting like this.

Can you do a tour of a new resort if already a owner. I purchased Disney in Feb but haven't gone yet as a DVC member no ever done a tour. The only resort I have ever seen is OKW. I purchased direct at OKW and resale AKL, would love to see other resorts.

Can you do a tour of a new resort if already a owner. I purchased Disney in Feb but haven't gone yet as a DVC member no ever done a tour. The only resort I have ever seen is OKW. I purchased direct at OKW and resale AKL, would love to see other resorts.

The tour is a sales tour of the new resorts currently being sold. There are models at the SSR sales center, you don't tour other DVC resorts. If you are an existing owner, DVD doesn't want to waste their time on you and they will have you come back at the end of the days to see the models. If you want to buy, you contact your guide, all DVC owners have a guide even if they bought direct.

:earsboy: Bill

Touring ccv sounds good to me too. Just curious if you scheduled ahead or just showed up there? Where you offered the same incentives as if toured at the main site at saratoga?

You can either stop by a DVC desk anywhere on property and ask to be added to a tour or show up at CCV and hope to time it right. In my case, I was already checking out WL, so I stopped by their desk and got added to the tour the following day.

They will pick you up in a shuttle van anywhere on property and then drop you off anywhere on property after you're done.

In my case, I was the only one that went on the tour, but they still added FPs for everyone on my room reservation. Not sure if they always do that -- but if you ask, I'm sure they'll do it. From their perspective, they cost Disney absolutely nothing and there's no reason to possibly annoy a potential purchaser.

yes -- you can tour the CCV cabins if you are already an owner. I did that back in October when I was on a solo trip. I was very upfront with the sales guy and said I just wanted to check out the cabins and was not interested in adding points at the moment. I was in and out of there within 30-40 minutes.

if they are on your room reservation, then they will likely get them added to their account as well.

This must be another, "it depends on who you talk to". At Aulani, PVB, and CCV we were told to come back during their existing owner tour time. They didn't take our names and didn't give us anything.

The tour is a sales tour of the new resorts currently being sold. There are models at the SSR sales center, you don't tour other DVC resorts. If you are an existing owner, DVD doesn't want to waste their time on you and they will have you come back at the end of the days to see the models. If you want to buy, you contact your guide, all DVC owners have a guide even if they bought direct.

Okay thank you

If you are a current owner, they have times during the day when owners can visit the models of the new resorts. You'll need to check with someone doing the tours to find out the times. They take owners in bigger groups since they know most of them aren't really planning on buying at that time.

So, right now they'd have only CCV and Aulani models? Anyone know what room size/types they have? For the CCV cabins, is it a model at SSR too or do you actually go to CCV for that? And I remember reading before, you can ask to see a room while at other DVC resorts, right? (Obviously based on an empty room to show)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter