Taking the DVC tour

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
Thinking about doing this when we visit in December. What incentives, other than the fastpasses are being offered for 1 ) taking the tour and 2) buying that day?

If hubby & I bring my dS23 and his gf21, will they get fastpasses also?

You will most likely get a Disney giftcard (and maybe free ice cream). I would bet yes on the fastpasses for the rest of your party, as long as they also attend. You also get nice van transportation from a theme park to your DVC visit, and then from your visit to your resort. It beats the bus typical bus ride.

As for sales incentives - nothing that you cannot get buying any other time, but they will make it feel like there is a one of a kind opportunity available just for you with "double points" (2017 and 2018 use year points, essentially a loaded contract), and maybe 10-20 extra points added on if you buy a large enough contract.
Be very appreciative during your meeting, but do not agree to buy anything at that time. Go home and compare what is being offered to you to the resale market.

Does anyone know if you can do a tour at CCV? Or do you have to go to the main center near Disney Springs?

I'll already be at WL and wondering if I can do a morning tour there while the rest of my party is chilling at the pool. I'm interested in buying points there, so I would actually like to see one of the rooms there (I'm renting points at BRV for that stay).

essentially a loaded contract)
A “loaded” contract would include banked points. Disney doesn’t sell loaded contracts. I’d call their contracts full or complete, but not loaded.

A “loaded” contract would include banked points. Disney doesn’t sell loaded contracts. I’d call their contracts full or complete, but not loaded.

What if someone buys a contract with a Dec UY that has the 2016 points banked?

LAX

What if someone buys a contract with a Dec UY that has the 2016 points banked?

LAX
Loaded = banked points in the current year + current year points banked into next year+ full allocation of next year’s points. Loaded would be three years worth of points, not just two years.

Loaded = banked points in the current year + current year points banked into next year+ full allocation of next year’s points. Loaded would be three years worth of points, not just two years.

I would call it the closest thing to loaded possible then. They will try to sell the contracts for use years that are as close to that day's date as they can. For example, they would sell November and December contracts first right now, making them loaded, or close to it, by the time the points are added to the account.

Does anyone know if you can do a tour at CCV? Or do you have to go to the main center near Disney Springs?

The tour I did this summer was at CCV, in a 2BR unit.

I'll already be at WL and wondering if I can do a morning tour there while the rest of my party is chilling at the pool. I'm interested in buying points there, so I would actually like to see one of the rooms there (I'm renting points at BRV for that stay).

When we stayed at VGF in May, we walked over to PVB and asked to see a room and it wasn't a problem. If they have someone available to show you a room or two they probably will.

We had nothing to do a couple of years ago and stopped at one of the booths at Epcot and decided what the heck, we will do the tour. We were driven over to BW (which we happened to be staying at in a studio at the time, just coincidence, but we told them we were staying there) it would have been quicker and easier to walk but whatever we went along with it. We got no tour of anything, we sat in a little room in the BW sales office and watched a video, we were given free soft drinks or bottle of water and that was it. No gift cards, no FPs or any other incentive. My son and his then wife ended up buying right there on the spot despite my best efforts to try to talk them into waiting and going home and running the numbers and thinking about it. They divorced 6 months later, should have listened to Mama. I was thinking about buying but just watching a video gave me no idea what the rooms really looked like and I knew that financing through Disney was going to cost more than just renting a room when I went (I go at least twice a year). My point is, don't always expect any goodies given to you and don't always expect a tour.

Touring ccv sounds good to me too. Just curious if you scheduled ahead or just showed up there? Where you offered the same incentives as if toured at the main site at saratoga?

Touring ccv sounds good to me too. Just curious if you scheduled ahead or just showed up there? Where you offered the same incentives as if toured at the main site at saratoga?

We did the tour at CCV in September and I can share my experience in case it helps. I will say we went in planning to purchase our first DVC contract (a small contract at CCV) and did make that purchase. I stopped at a DVC booth at EPCOT and asked about the tour. The guy mentioned the FP as an incentive and I mentioned that I had also heard about a gift card. He said that he had already added that to the tour (but I don't necessarily believe I would have gotten it without my mentioning it). He said that I should bring the gift card promotion from my room if we had one (we did not). We arranged a tour for the time we wanted (one day ahead we had the option to choose our time and got exactly what we wanted) and had them pick us up at the Poly (where we were staying) and drop us at DHS after. I tried to maximize the use of the van because we were only there for 3 days and that was the only way I could justify taking the time out of touring.

The tour and presentation probably took 60 minutes and then we spent about 45 minutes making the purchase. We saw a studio and 1-BR and had our presentation in a converted room. They gave us the 3 FP and our $100 GC. They also helped us with a FP that we were going to miss because it took a bit longer than planned (we asked to tour a cabin and that added about 15-20 minutes). I think that was likely because we purchased, though. We didn't get any sales incentives because our contract was too smaell, but they were the exact same incentives as I had seen in the info I received by mail. No ice cream or treats, but we got water and soda.

Hope that helps a little!

Last edited:
So this is the offer I still see on MDE: When you attend an Open House Tour, you will receive 3 additional FastPass+ selections for your party (up to 6 people).**

It qualifies the offer saying that the FP must "be reserved and used within 4 (four) days of activation." Do you still have to reserve this FP, or are they anytime/any attraction (other than those explicitly excluded).

On exclusions -- it says the FP can't be used for character greeting experiences -- does this include Enchanted Tales with Belle?

So this is the offer I still see on MDE: When you attend an Open House Tour, you will receive 3 additional FastPass+ selections for your party (up to 6 people).**

It qualifies the offer saying that the FP must "be reserved and used within 4 (four) days of activation." Do you still have to reserve this FP, or are they anytime/any attraction (other than those explicitly excluded).

On exclusions -- it says the FP can't be used for character greeting experiences -- does this include Enchanted Tales with Belle?

They show up as "Guest Passes" with a generic image of the scanner and you get three of them. You don't need to book anything, just walk up scan and you're in.

The usual exclusions apply - Peter Pan, 7 Dwarf Mine Train, Frozen, Flight of Passage, Navi River Journey... not sure if I'm forgetting anything. Doesn't list Enchanted.

Be careful that you don't scan in before or after a scheduled FP as it would use up one of your special ones.

They show up as "Guest Passes" with a generic image of the scanner and you get three of them. You don't need to book anything, just walk up scan and you're in.

The usual exclusions apply - Peter Pan, 7 Dwarf Mine Train, Frozen, Flight of Passage, Navi River Journey... not sure if I'm forgetting anything. Doesn't list Enchanted.

Be careful that you don't scan in before or after a scheduled FP as it would use up one of your special ones.

The wording made me second guess that I didn't need to reserve a slot. So good to be reassured that I just walk up and scan.

As for the exclusions -- I'm hopeful TSMM isn't excluded as well. I saw the exclusions list and am hoping that that will remain the same. Planning on using the 3 FP at TSMM, Soarin, and Enchanted (if I can't manage to get those as 4th FP in the time slot I want).

Thanks for your help!

The wording made me second guess that I didn't need to reserve a slot. So good to be reassured that I just walk up and scan.

As for the exclusions -- I'm hopeful TSMM isn't excluded as well. I saw the exclusions list and am hoping that that will remain the same. Planning on using the 3 FP at TSMM, Soarin, and Enchanted (if I can't manage to get those as 4th FP in the time slot I want).

Thanks for your help!

Toy Story should be fine. Just found this discussion:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-tour-fastpass-restrictions.3637624/

I can confirm...we just did a tour this week and added on at Copper Creek. We also own at Grand Floridian. It was super easy. They showed us the 1BR, 2BR and Cabin at Copper Creek and since we were already members, didn't bore us with things we didn't need to hear. The only incentive we got for doing it there was the additional 3 fast passes, but we loved those and they were very easy to use and added to our enjoyment for our remaining few days at Disney. Now can't wait to use our Copper Creek points. We stayed at a 1br for a night at the start of this vacation to sample it and we loved it.

Hkkl
I can confirm...we just did a tour this week and added on at Copper Creek. We also own at Grand Floridian. It was super easy. They showed us the 1BR, 2BR and Cabin at Copper Creek and since we were already members, didn't bore us with things we didn't need to hear. The only incentive we got for doing it there was the additional 3 fast passes, but we loved those and they were very easy to use and added to our enjoyment for our remaining few days at Disney. Now can't wait to use our Copper Creek points. We stayed at a 1br for a night at the start of this vacation to sample it and we loved it.

Hi - we want to do the same thing. Can I ask , did you schedule it ahead of time and if so, how/where?

In mid September, we did the tour at SSR for a mid day break. The incentive the day we signed up was $50 gift card plus 3 FP per person in attendance. However, the guide told us if we did it the following day instead, it jumped to $100 per family...so we booked for that day (it was a Monday). But, only my BIL was eligible for the gift card bc he doesn't own DVC. My sister is an associate on my dads account so she wasn't eligible. My father and I are post April 2016 members but considered member enough not to qualify. We all got 3 FP and free ice cream. It was our first tour and was worth it for us. SSR sales center is super nice and I would recommend going there. Plus, there is a kids club room if you are toting littles. They also had models for CCV, Poly, and Aulani.

Congrats on your CC purchase, neighbor!!!! You should come visit us over on the CCV Owners and Lovers board!!!!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/•...k-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/

Hkkl

Hi - we want to do the same thing. Can I ask , did you schedule it ahead of time and if so, how/where?
Sorry it took me so long to reply...yes, we were staying at the Grand Floridian and saw the DVC desk over there and I was asking if they had any promos...so they set us up a meeting at Copper Creek for the next morning and arranged all transportation. They went out of their way ... as they should have haha. 3 extra fast passes for the whole family that lasted 4 days...plus we missed a fast pass so they gave us a targeted one day fast pass for that. It couldn't have been easier. Toured the rooms and cabin, purchase done and over with in about 90 minutes or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter