SURVIVOR 39: ISLAND OF THE IDOLS premieres Sept. 25, 2019

I actually really like this season with having the Island of the Idols. I was not sure I would even watch since I hate when they bring back former contestants who are usually ones I could not stand but glad I decided to. I was so happy Noura was told to sit out of the challenge I can’t stand her. I wish that tribe who went to TC would have seen that Aaron is a huge threat and gotten rid of him instead.

Do you really think Rob and Sandra are thinking of this “advice” themselves or are they prepped and basically working off a script? They are both damn good Survivor players but never struck me as particularly articulate or thoughtful folks. Sandra especially doesn’t seem to say much when the player is at their “ tip” session.

I’m also glad they called Noura’s bluff and told her to sit her *** out of the challenge.

I had no idea Aaron was black until Missy said they had that in common.

I've missed an episode or two but watched last night. I thought it was funny that after Noura left the other island, Rob said she was the last person anyone would want to lead the blind-folded tribe!

As an Air Fore vet myself, I like Missy. She seems very smart, but she needs to be careful not to overplay and get blindsided.

Do you really think Rob and Sandra are thinking of this “advice” themselves or are they prepped and basically working off a script? They are both damn good Survivor players but never struck me as particularly articulate or thoughtful folks. Sandra especially doesn’t seem to say much when the player is at their “ tip” session.

I’m also glad they called Noura’s bluff and told her to sit her *** out of the challenge.

I swear everything Rob says is a chapter from his book. I'm surprised he doesn't just hold a copy up of it and give it to the contestant to read.

I always have to watch the show the next morning so I'm late to comment but my thoughts:

Loved Rob's commentary after Noura's visit to the island. Cringed like crazy during her horrible attempt at a lie back at camp, and laughed out loud when they said she'd be the person sitting out the challenge. Was impressed with Jason on that challenge,he stayed really calm.

Karishma has to step up her game. The girl's alliance is driving me crazy -such a dumb move to get rid of Chelsea - shows a lack of foresight in my opinion. I like Missy, but I have a feeling she's getting herself in trouble, but if she can find a way to manuever through it I'll be really impressed.

I appreciate the attempt with the Rob/Sandra thing and it's fun to have something different to watch, but I miss having 2 challenges each episode.

Although I will probably always watch, the show is not the same. I agree they all look well fed and too clean, my hair would be a rats nest by now ! Do you remember way back they would bring out a scale and a mirror halfway through so the contestants could see how bad they looked and how much weight they lost ?? Good times !! I may go back and watch one of the old seasons, like Australia or Africa. They were amazing to watch.

I wasn't sure how I would feel about Sandra and Rob since I didn't understand the concept before the season started. I never like Sandra but have to say I am enjoying them both. It adds something different to the show.

I also think that the survivors have it really easy compared to all the previous seasons.

Sorry they sent home Chelsea should have been Karishma as all she does is complain. I think there was more that we didn't see when she cut her hand. Her bandage is off already so it wasn't that bad.

Glad they sat Noura out. Although if they would have let her be the caller they would have lost and could have voted her out.

Anxious to see who goes where next week at the tribe swap.

I am not a Sandra fan but I am enjoying her role on this season. We aren't hearing "queen" out of her like when she played. I couldn't stand hearing that constantly.

I had no clue he was black either.

I think Rob's accent and demeanor makes everyone forget he really is smart. He has his degree in psychology from Boston College, and def used it to play with people's heads. And Sandra has won twice. Once is impressive but if they let you stay long enough to win the second time you are doing something smart.

I appreciate the attempt with the Rob/Sandra thing and it's fun to have something different to watch, but I miss having 2 challenges each episode.

THIS. There simply isn't enough competition happening and without that we don't have enough "drama" within the team because they "lost" out on something. It just makes the show slow. I know they want to do changes but reducing the tension means boring tv.

I don't really see a lot of energy coming out of Rob and Sandra. It just sort of seems like they're going through the motions but not feeling it.

I hope that's not a sign of things to come in S40.

I wasn't sure how I would feel about Sandra and Rob since I didn't understand the concept before the season started. I never like Sandra but have to say I am enjoying them both. It adds something different to the show.

I am not a Sandra fan but I am enjoying her role on this season. We aren't hearing "queen" out of her like when she played. I couldn't stand hearing that constantly.

I'm not a Sandra fan either but don't mind her this season. Love Boston Rob.
I hope they vote out Noura next.

I'm not a Sandra fan either but don't mind her this season. Love Boston Rob.
I hope they vote out Noura next.
Pretty much my thoughts!

Always liked Rob. And never really got the draw of Sandra but like her in this role. Love the commentary we get from them- about the players. And, dang, that Noura is over the top annoying. As is Karishma on the other tribe. I am liking Missy but she needs to tone it down a bit as Elaine has her number. I like Elaine and the other gal too (Elizabeth). But the 3 gals seem to be working with the 2 fellas so I am guessing there is no girl alliance. Guess that's out. On other tribe I like the caller guy, Jason???, he seems super smart. And Lauren and Kellee are also playing well. And I'm liking that Janet is still in it. Don't they usually eliminate the older folks right away? Tom on the other tribe too.

Last edited:

I am sure they are totally working off a script. I am sure the producers decide what they are going to "teach" etc.

I am enjoying the new twist of having Bob and Sandra on the island with players coming to them one at a time.

I had no idea Aaron was black either!

I don't really have a favorite yet, but do like Janet. My husband likes the older guy/hockey player.

Next week will be interesting with the tribe mix up!

That was a really dumb vote out.

I don't think she is really doing anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter