Surviving Summer 2019 at Disneyland!

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Didi8367, Aug 9, 2018.

1. kirstie101

kirstie101 DIS Veteran

I never even thought of that! Those are our dates no matter what happens so I guess we'll wait and see. I can't imagine SWGE being open and us not at least walking through to check it out. But man I'm scared of the crowds! Even when Cars Land opened we waited a few months before going.

2. Winnowill

Winnowill DIS Veteran

Oh, crap, I hope not. We're booked for May 30-June 3. SWGE opening before then would throw a HUGE monkey wrench into my plans.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. tnzzz

tnzzz Mouseketeer

Just a guess on my part! But I would think they would give Deluxe AP some access and since they are blocked fri-sun I figured it’s a definite possibility.

5. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

6. Sjwillia

Sjwillia Mouseketeer

I originally planned to avoid summer 2019 but it looks like this is the best time for my daughter's family. I am evaluating where to stay and if the perks for on site hotel are worth it. I love the 7:00 AM early entry but not sure how often the 3 teenagers can make it that early. Probably not more than a couple days as they will stay in the parks late. Has anyone heard of on-site perks for SWGE or when they may be announced if offered?

7. Sarah H

Sarah H I wanna be where the Passholders are

SWGE opening scared my husband. so I crunched numbers and it looks like we will be taking a small WDW trip instead. I still want to go to DL, but he kept suggesting the change, so it will have to stay on my bucket list for a few more years.

Y'all have fun though!:wave2:

smartlabelprint and Didi8367 like this.
  8. McKelly

McKelly DIS Veteran

We're going next summer. I booked DLH (bit of a splurge for us) for three nights in July in hopes the Early Entry will help with Star Wars. We were going to SoCal anyway, so Star Wars is an added bonus, for the two boys in our family anyway...the girls might just enjoy the pool area at DLH.

9. TheZue

TheZue DIS Veteran

tnzzz, smartlabelprint, flav and 2 others like this.
  10. Jperiod

Jperiod I am the rebel spy!

Those ticket restrictions make me hopeful that they're still trying to be ready for Memorial Day weekend. I just booked VGC for June 16-21, hoping to avoid some of the initial crazy and grad nights. Otherwise, I have a hotel rezzie for July 13-21 if doesn't open until the June 22-23 weekend and we'll save our VGC points for Sept when the point chart settles down again.

I think there will definitely be SWGE perks offered to DLR hotel guests that are not offered to off-site guests.

smartlabelprint and TheZue like this.
  11. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

Re-posting this from a different thread.

Didi8367, tnzzz, TheZue and 1 other person like this.
  12. Nalshersmom

Nalshersmom Mouseketeer

We added a quick DL trip to our Hawaii trip in June. We will be staying at the GC for the first time from June 19-22. We are not super Star Wars fans, so I am not changing our dates either way. We are just excited to be visiting DL again, and we will adapt all our plans. It would be cool for a short visit to Galaxy's Edge and then everywhere else.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  13. Peter C

Peter C Earning My Ears

VGC June 16-23 here! Same as you, getting in as late as possible before those points go up. I think we will be good. If not, it’s entirely possible I’ll take a kid out of school for the first time ever to make it in that Sep/Oct time frame.

Jperiod likes this.
  14. TheZue

TheZue DIS Veteran

We just put in a six night request with David’s for a 2 bedroom villa July 29, fingers crossed!

15. flav

flav Loving My Ears

Thanks for all the information! We are in the first stages of planning a two weeks trip to California for August 2019. We will probably end at DL so Aug 14-18. We went to WDW multiple time and stayed two nights at Aulani recently. It is hard to know how long we will want to stay at DL and where but this thread has been super useful so far.

16. deedubb

deedubb Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!

Planning for Aug 2019. Staying on-site for sure. This just reminded me to go look at some rooms, but Stitch ate the page. Both DLR and WDW websites have been really wonky lately.

17. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

Personally I’d go for the discounted AP’s now.

Jperiod likes this.
  18. smartlabelprint

You could get a chase Disney visa for discounts.

19. smartlabelprint

Personally with this plan I’d buy the Disneyland maxpass pre-paid tickets through Disney web site as soon as 2019 tickets are available.

flav likes this.
  20. smartlabelprint

Is it the quality inn on Manchester? Have you checked the prices at desert inn & suites? The toilet was dirty when we stayed at quality in.

21. ExcitedMama

ExcitedMama DIS Veteran

Is there any speculation about a nighttime show specific to SW?

DizHanna456 likes this.