Surviving Summer 2019 at Disneyland!

You get early park entry to one of the parks every day of your onsite stay (including check-in and checkout). However, SWGE is in DL and offsite people get one magic morning with a 3 day or longer ticket. So there will still be plenty of offsite people in line to enter the park.

That's the part I saw but thought it applied to hotel guests rather than offsite. So that's good news. It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd that translates into.

We are going July 6-9 and staying at Disneyland Hotel. 4 families - We fly into San Fran, and have a night booked in: San Fran - Walt Disney Family Museum! Napa, Yosemite, Monterey, Big Sur, Cambria, Santa Barbara, 4 nights in Disney, Universal, and finally San Diego before we fly home to Boston :-) should be an epic adventure! Very nervous about the crowds at Disneyland - I wish the reservations for Galaxy Edge were still taking place in July - I think it would make more sense and be more controlled.

... Very nervous about the crowds at Disneyland - I wish the reservations for Galaxy Edge were still taking place in July - I think it would make more sense and be more controlled.
On the bright side, the fact that DL doesn't think they need the reservation system by that time could be a good sign. Disney thinks they'll have a good handle on the situation by that time, so the reservation system won't be in place. There has been talk about a virual queue/boarding pass to enter SWGE -- no further details on that right now.

It is killing me a little bit that we get information so late in the planning game. We're not going until August but I'd sure like to know what to expect. I know I'll have a bunch of DIS advice from people who go after June 24th but I WANT TO KNOW ALL THE THINGS RIGHT NOW. Patience is not always my strongest asset. lol.

It is killing me a little bit that we get information so late in the planning game. We're not going until August but I'd sure like to know what to expect. I know I'll have a bunch of DIS advice from people who go after June 24th but I WANT TO KNOW ALL THE THINGS RIGHT NOW. Patience is not always my strongest asset. lol.
Very likely Disney doesn’t even know exactly what they’re going to do from June 24. There’s probably a basic framework (“boarding pass” has been mentioned but no details) but they’re probably going to use info from the reservation period to dial in exactly what they’re going to do after it’s over.

Very likely Disney doesn’t even know exactly what they’re going to do from June 24. There’s probably a basic framework (“boarding pass” has been mentioned but no details) but they’re probably going to use info from the reservation period to dial in exactly what they’re going to do after it’s over.

Very true! I'm just anxious. Me and everyone else who is going this summer! Thank goodness we're going in August and not the end of June.

I'm going in July so I know exactly what you mean.

Reactions: EmJ

I’m going NEXT MARCH and I feel like this, lol. You summer folks must be going crazy!

We are also going in July and I am on pins and needles trying to figure out how to plan for it. We booked Paradise Pier and Maxpasses just in case. I really hope they extend the reservation system further into the summer. So much better than the day of scramble.

We are going the end of July and staying at the grand, wish they were still doing the hotel guest reservations. I am thinking that we most likely will be skipping the star wars area even though my husband is a big fan. I just am not willing to spend hours in line just to get into the area or for the one ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter