Stroller revolt!

I have to ask the obvious. If you don't have kids, what exactly are you doing in the Disney for Families section of the board? You seem to really like to hang out in places that are unbearable. :rotfl:

I bet that's a dumb question, too, right?

I didn't realize this section was off-limits to non-parents. Maybe I'm planning another trip with my nephew and stumbled upon this part of the board.

That is too bad that people are annoyed with the presence of strollers. It is a family park, and we do appreciate strollers. As for people doing more walking in the past, well there were less parks in the past too. My daughters are generally fine walking through two parks, but by that third day we all need to take more breaks. It is just easier to get a stroller and pace ourselves than have blistered and bloody feet so some people can have more room to walk.

Actually some parts of the parks have narrow walkways like AK. Two double strollers could not pass each other on those walkways. Then add in people walking, ECVs and you have pretty bad jams. For me personally, I would prefer the single stroller over the doubles because of how they maneuver in the parks. Seems like Disney feels the same way because they raised the doubles prices much more than the singles.

I think there are inconsiderate stroller users just as much as there are people who walk in front of them and suddenly stop. Courtesy goes both ways. Our family does not got to WDW with a commando style plan and stay open to close. It's not fun for the kids and I am there to have family memories rather than meltdowns. We usually plan a late morning about every third day or so and keep a comfortable pace to avoid our kids being pooped out.

I think Magic Kingdom is very manageable with most kids without a stroller. You can stay in one area like Fantasyland without walking a great distance. Epcot OTOH is a lot of walking for everyone. I am not personally offended if an older child uses a stroller. I do think though that since more people use them, Disney has made a decision how to discourage that practice. I am sorry it costs everyone more.

:mad: Seven or even eight year olds in a stroller! This is crazy. Unless a child has a disability there is NO reason they should be in a stroller at that age. In our opinion, if your kids need a stroller then they are much to young to "tackle" disney. Maybe you should wait a few years and go when they can actually walk. Never mind how long it takes to load them things on the buses, and all the space they take up when people bring their own. The parks are crowded enough. I am sure we are not the only ones who feel this way. So, the way I see it is good for the increase, now maybe we won't see kids going into middle school still being pushed around by their parents.

:mad: Seven or even eight year olds in a stroller! This is crazy. Unless a child has a disability there is NO reason they should be in a stroller at that age. In our opinion, if your kids need a stroller then they are much to young to "tackle" disney. Maybe you should wait a few years and go when they can actually walk. Never mind how long it takes to load them things on the buses, and all the space they take up when people bring their own. The parks are crowded enough. I am sure we are not the only ones who feel this way. So, the way I see it is good for the increase, now maybe we won't see kids going into middle school still being pushed around by their parents.

:lmao: Wow. Angry.

It's also obvious when people baby their children and feel defensive about it.

And if you think that's rude, think about how you made the poor woman feel who cant have children.

I had nearly forgotten why I avoided Disboards, now I remember, it is because of people making snap judgements on other people. I do not baby my children and I hardly got defensive about it. I honestly do not care what other people think of how I raise my children because other people are not in my house. I just agreed with the other poster that if you do not have children it is easier to get annoyed with certain things. Obviously not everyone agrees or disagrees with the poster, but it is pretty rude to come into a thread started by people who use strollers and attack stroller users. As well as to attack parents in a family board when she is single. As for her inability to not have children, she just brought that us didn't she? And if you were not so assuming yourself you might consider that my first two children were not in my womb because I was told I was not able to have children and the fact that I am pregnant now is a miracle. But you could not know that because I did not tell you.

I have always been able to come on this site and know that I will get very good and HELPFUL information for my trip planning. However, I am very sad to see what this thread has become. The poor original poster just wanted some suggestions from other parents about what kind of stroller they should purchase for an upcoming trip. Geez, stop the judgements, please!:headache:

I have always been able to come on this site and know that I will get very good and HELPFUL information for my trip planning. However, I am very sad to see what this thread has become. The poor original poster just wanted some suggestions from other parents about what kind of stroller they should purchase for an upcoming trip. Geez, stop the judgements, please!:headache:

She was asking for stroller suggestions for a SEVEN YEAR OLD. Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

Yeah really! very angry

Planning a trip with your nephew and never use a stroller:confused3 but were drawn here, ok

:rolleyes1 I'm gonna buy the biggest stroller I can find, take it and fill it with bags, empty bags to boot just drive people crazy! Oh and I'm gonna grab a couple 10 year olds for free rides! :lmao: :lmao:
Kidding, Kidding, Kidding!

On a thread were people make comments about others kids things get touchy and threads get closed.

Point still is no matter who or what is in them a 70% raise in price is nuts!

yep about as silly as you on stroller thread planning a trip with your nephew and not needing a stroller! ;)

Yeah really! very angry

Planning a trip with your nephew and never use a stroller:confused3 but were drawn here, ok

Yeah, it caught my eye. "Stroller revolt!" seemed right up my alley. I thought it would be about people complaining about the excessive use of strollers in the park.

She was asking for stroller suggestions for a SEVEN YEAR OLD. Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

THIS is exactly what I'm talking about. I really think you need to take a break from this thread. As for me, I have better things to do with my time today. Get over it...really, take a break.:cutie:

No I don't. I can't have them. But I have taken plenty of kids there, and none of them needed a stroller at any point in our vacation.

Well I am sorry you cannot have kids. There was a LONG period of my life I thought i never would either.

I only said it because when you have a child and you know they are at their limit, a lot of times it is to late to salvage the day/evening. They are past their tolerance level and it ends up being a scene. A lot of mom's will rent a stroller to prevent that moment from coimng so that everyone has a great day, mom included. Believe me it is better to see a 6 year old in a stroller instead of on the ground having a fit and freaking out.

Jackie

ETA: wether a 6 year old shoudl be throwing a fit is really irrelevent when it is already happening.

My child's health and well being and comfort have no price. I wouldn't dare tell my child, "suck it up, you have to walk" just bc she is a certain age. This same mentality is why my mother (who is only 60 yrs old) is giving me a hard time about renting her a wheelchair or the motorized thing at WDW. The attitude of others who think and push their view that if you are a certain age, you should walk, make others embarrassed or afraid to admit when they actually do need assistance. My mom's argument is "I'm 60, not 80." or "I'm not an invalid." Truth is, she is a woman who can not walk quickly or for long periods of time without her back starting to hurt. So why should she suffer in Disney to avoid looks or because she's too proud? It's ridiculous. My point is: It shouldn't matter what age you are--- you shouldn't be forced to walk nor should it be assumed you can keep up. 7 yr olds can tire easily and need to be pushed just as much as a 4 yr old. If you are one of those people who is in the best of health and can walk Disney from sunup to sun down and not feel at all worn- then good for you. Consider yourself blessed but don't assume everyone is like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter