Stroller revolt!

Do we all see how much hostility the stroller brings? It is not nessesary. We are all going to the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH! I am recanting my thread! My family leaves in 19 days & we can't wait!

Cool - we leave in 19 days too! See you there!

By the way, we'll be the family with the biggest most obnoxius, misused, kid and bag filled stroller ever! Just kidding - LOL - lighten up guys - it's all about the kids right?

I posted this somewhere else but now I can't find it!

After lots of research, I found a stroller comparable to the pricey Mclaren Volo. It is large enough for my 4 year old - she is tall but just turned 4 and most standard umbrellas are too short for her. So check this one out, it was $39.99 and constructed exactly like the Mclaren Volo which is $99.

Evenflo Xsport Plus Stroller

http://www.evenflo.com/Homepage/Pro...roductid=9426318d-aac5-4aa5-b11f-a5edb73496e2

Come on now, is this not stretching it a bit.

"Honestly, the double strollers are extremely annoying when there's so many you can't walk anywhere without getting clipped in the ankles."
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Where has this happened? So many that you can't walk anywhere? Come on let's be foreal now.

Honestly, all the whining from people against parents renting strollers for their 7, 10, or 14 year old children. Comes down to one thing, and one thing only. Minding your own business. Life, and your visit to Disney will be alot better, when you learn, the concept that you, are not in control of everything. Focus on your family, and you wont even notice the 10 year old in the stroller.;)

I was at Babies r us today finishing up my baby reg and saw a cute double stroller. I dident even think about looking at the price but it was blue and black. To the OP, I dont know if you were successful but maybe the website has it for you to look at.

Come on now, is this not stretching it a bit.

"Honestly, the double strollers are extremely annoying when there's so many you can't walk anywhere without getting clipped in the ankles."
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Where has this happened? So many that you can't walk anywhere? Come on let's be foreal now.

Honestly, all the whining from people against parents renting strollers for their 7, 10, or 14 year old children. Comes down to one thing, and one thing only. Minding your own business. Life, and your visit to Disney will be alot better, when you learn, the concept that you, are not in control of everything. Focus on your family, and you wont even notice the 10 year old in the stroller.;)

Oh, I totally agree. I am reading this thread thinking to myself "are these people for real?" Why care so much about what others are doing? If it really ruins your trip, well then I think you need to re-evaluate your lives. Don't be so concerned with what others are doing. You are in the happiest place on earth!!! Seriously, you should be enjoying your vacation, not worrying about what others are doing.

And for the record, I have an almost 3 yr old and an 8 month old who most likely will be walking Disney by the time they are 7 or 8. Does it bother me that others are having their 7 or 8 yr old children ride in a stroller....absolutely not! That's their choice and I'm sure they have their reasons for doing so. Not really my business!!!

As for the parks being bombarded with strollers....HELLO you are in an extremely CHILD FRIENDLY environment. You can't complain about children or anything to do with children when you are in an environment like that.

That's my opinion, and go ahead an flame me if you want.... I won't be back to this thread!!!! It's horrible and I hate to think of people like this being in the happiest place on earth.

rt2dz said:
I've never rented, and I never would. I use a stroller on a daily basis and I'm not about to spend money on something I already own. We all have to pick and choose where our money goes,
:thumbsup2!

logansmommy said:
Ummmm Hello that is my point, a car is a perfect example of how ridiculous the rental price is???????? it is an excellent comparison.
How? Seriously, how could it matter if you could rent a car for TEN dollars? You still can't use that car to transport your child in/through/around any theme park.

rt2dz said:
"Double" wasn't mentioned. Collapsible, umbrella was.
Well, this and all the other stroller threads are indicating outrage at the $31 daily cost of a stroller rental. That's the rate for a DOUBLE stroller, and since few if any DISers have complained about the increased cost of a single stroller it appears that Guests who need single-occupancy strollers for their infants too young to sit up in an umbrella stroller (although I'm not sure that parent would visit a theme park without bringing a stroller) are prepared to, if not happily, at least willingly pay the rental cost

jasbellehontas said:
My mom's argument is "I'm 60, not 80." or "I'm not an invalid." Truth is, she is a woman who can not walk quickly or for long periods of time without her back starting to hurt. So why should she suffer in Disney to avoid looks or because she's too proud?
Well, since she's refusing to use a medical assistance device that will make your visit more enjoyable, why not put her in a stroller? Or, better yet - she's an adult; respect her decision.

Why does nobody seem to think that Disney instituted this price increase to discourage the Guests who load up the strollers with STUFF? Why are people bringing so many non-human items to the parks that they need strollers to cart all of it around???

I think that not alot people think disney raised the stroller prices for that reason cause its kinda silly!

Ever push one? Ok then why in the world would you rent it just to carry items other than a child? Its kinda a pain, parking it , finding it, pushing it!:scared1:

Trust me I doubt thats worth it to anyone. People assume because they see a stroller without a child planted in it, that well they rented that to carry stuff! Come on, yeah my child or any child gets up to do something or for that matter gets out to be held by an adult, and yes people with you carring something plop it in the stroller, why not?:confused3

I never notice to be honest with you.....oh wait thats because I am to busy enjoying my family and my vacation to care. :goodvibes

Jeez I forgot why I wanted to post in the first place~

Yes my neighbor said she just bought a double stroller at babies are us and its very sturdy. She got it about a month ago and said she would get back to me with the price (her mom actually bought it) she also said it folded up easily. They do alot of traveling so that was a big thing for them~ :goodvibes

I will be taking my 10th trip to Disney next month and I must say there have never been so many stollers in the parks that I couldn't walk without being stuck behind one. I have never seen Main Street blocked by a sea of blue strollers. And maybe I am wrong, but the doubles don't seem to be that much bigger than the singles.

And the people who think the strollers are in the way--do you think a small child walking next to their parent at a slow pace is less in the way? I don't. Maybe if we all learned to be polite to each other, give each other a little space, and were not practically running each other over in our hurry to get from one place to another, strollers would not be such a big deal. Strollers are not stationary objects, they are moving. It shouldn't be such a big deal to walk around one, you have to walk around the person pushing it anyway.

And as far as the rude people who hit you with strollers go, they will still be rude people if they don't have a stroller. They will just step on your foot instead of hitting it, or knock you over instead of bumping you with a stroller. Rude people will be rude, no matter what.

Can't we all learn to give each other a break?

Yep, go ahead and flame me all... We'll be leaving for our Disney vacation soon, and while I'm not thrilled about the significant price increase in the double strollers, I will be paying for one for my 8 year old and 4 year old to use. I fully realize that I am paying for the convenience but frankly it's worth any price to me to have the peace of mind knowing that there won't be fighting during the day over a spot to sit in during the long walks from area to area in any of the parks). My vacation, my choice.

Hope everyone enjoys their vacations, stroller renting or not!

I absolutely LOVE those strollers.....They are perfect for my 4 year old to chill out after a long day & night while we watches the fireworks. However, we have tried and figured out that we won't need one for AK(short day) or MGM, only MK & Epcot(maybe not)??? Definately MK, by I have started looking for a cheaper one to buy when we get there, since we are renting a car, I found a couple at Target. We shall see.....

logansmummy & kate716 Have a great time!:goodvibes We are counting down the days here as well, we are going in August! :cool1:

and kate716 good for you! You know what you and your kiddos need and dont care if anybody else likes it.:rotfl:
I am sure you will have a good time and like you said peace of mind!:grouphug:

OT----I am so excited to leave......are you not just to giddy for words....YEA!!!

I am SOOOO excited to go! And yes, I love Disney's strollers too! They are sooo easy to push, they provide a little cover for my kids if the weather is bad or a little shade when it's hot and sunny, and they make getting to the exit of any park a little easier at the end of a fun-filled day when the kids are (finally!) tired. :)

27 days to vacation and absolutely counting! Woo HOO! :cheer2:

For the people that are so upset over all the stroller use...instead of complaining about how miserable it makes you...do yourself a favor and choose a different vacation spot. Complaining is really getting you no where. Gosh, to think that I may be walking beside some of these people at WDW really disappoints me. I'll do what is best for my family and you do what is best for yours...The End:)

I'm not coming back to this thread....no Disney magic here:sad2:

The fighting and nastiness continued after WebmasterKathy asked for it to stop. If it continues the thread will be locked -- and warnings and infractions could be issued.

mom2jcc said:
For the people that are so upset over all the stroller use...instead of complaining about how miserable it makes you...do yourself a favor and choose a different vacation spot. Complaining is really getting you no where.
In all fairness, the same can be said to the people upset over the increased cost to rent double strollers. SHOULD they choose a different vacation spot? No; neither should the people upset over stroller use.

Where's that "can't we all just get along?" smiley...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter