STEAKHOUSE 71!!

Does anyone know if we can get take-out? I'd really like to try their grilled cheese and hamburger, but don't have the desire for a sit-down lunch visit on the day we'd be available to go, but would have time to eat in the room. Hamburger is on the lounge menu, grilled-cheese is only on the main menu. They are not listed as a mobile ordering option, so I'm assuming it's sit-down or nothing. Thanks!

I was able to get a dinner on the 11th. I was actually surprised and happy.

Scored a reservation for mid November for lunch. Had been looking for a bit, super stoked to try this place!!!

I have checked out the menu and some reviews of this restaurant. It sounds amazing and I am hoping to visit if I ever make it back to WDW. (I'm from Canada. Between the exchange rate and Disney prices, I've really got to save my pennies:)). The only thing I was disappointed about was the Chocolate Cake on the dessert menu. It looks amazing but then I read it is infused with Whiskey! Ah! My husband and I are non-drinkers and would not enjoy this. Well, we could live without dessert but what about kids and teens? Doesn't seem too appropriate for them.
My wife and I don't drink either, but typically when you cook with alcohol of any sort the alcohol is burned off or it leave a bitter taste. It's no different that banana's foster and others. If we do try it, when we are there in Dec. I'll let you know.
If your kids have had any baked good with vanilla extract, they've had a dessert cooked with alcohol--vanilla extract is 35% alcohol. The cooking process removes the alcohol and leaves the vanilla flavor. The same is true for the whiskey cake.

If your kids have had any baked good with vanilla extract, they've had a dessert cooked with alcohol--vanilla extract is 35% alcohol. The cooking process removes the alcohol and leaves the vanilla flavor. The same is true for the whiskey cake.

The menu does highlight with an asterisk ** Denotes made with or containing alcohol. It seems more than the average teaspoon of vanilla in a muffin or cookie. If they mention it, it's probably safe to assume not all of it is cooked out. And it's maybe still fine if you enjoy the taste of whiskey being left over or aren't a recovering alcoholic where the taste could be an issue. I was disappointed when I saw it too, so I get where she's coming from. Why ruin a good chocolate cake with whiskey? :D

The menu does highlight with an asterisk ** Denotes made with or containing alcohol. It seems more than the average teaspoon of vanilla in a muffin or cookie. If they mention it, it's probably safe to assume not all of it is cooked out. And it's maybe still fine if you enjoy the taste of whiskey being left over or aren't a recovering alcoholic where the taste could be an issue. I was disappointed when I saw it too, so I get where she's coming from. Why ruin a good chocolate cake with whiskey? :D
Not necessarily. My dad is muslim, and where he lives you can't actually even buy vanilla extract--Disney may want to mention where something is "made with" alcohol to flag it for people who won't eat food prepared with alcohol for religious reasons, even if the alcohol gets cooked out. I very much doubt that a Disney restaurant would serve a chocolate cake that children can't eat.

Pete Werner mentioned it in a disunplugged pod cast. He raved over it and even said it just might be the best restaurant on property! It was that good. The menu looked great to me.

This is how I feel anytime they put raspberry sauce or any other fruit on a chocolate dessert.

We had dinner at Steakhouse 71 during our late October trip. It was underwhelming to us. The appetizers I had were pretty good (Bacon and Eggs, Caesar Salad). The steaks and prime rib, not so much. Both lacked any flavor. I felt like I need to ask for more steak seasoning and salt. The au gratin potato side was lacking in flavor. Oddly, our kids meal steak was better than the adult's. We didn't try any of the desserts. Best meal of our trip was probably Brown Derby. I got the Walt's filet with roast beef hash and it was excellent.

We had dinner here last week and thought it was excellent. We started with the Crab Cake appetizer and it was very good. DH and I both had the NY Strip for our meals. He had mashed potatoes and I had mac and cheese for the sides. All were excellent. He got the house steak sauce and I got the mushroom. I didn't like the mushroom sauce very much and wished I had gotten the house also because it was delicious. We got a piece of the chocolate cake for desert. It was so good, but even between the 2 of us, we could only eat about half of it. Overall it was an excellent meal and we will definitely be back.

I'm usually a pretty plain burger person (single patty, cheese, ketchup, bacon every so often), but the cheeseburger at Steakhouse 71 as is - no substitutions or removals - was perfect. So, so good. Really glad I tried it, because it was worth it.

I may have missed it but does anyone have experience to share about S71 breakfast? The menu looked good so we're booked for early December :)

Does anyone know if we can order items from the lounge menu in the regular restaurant? I was hoping to try the wings but they only have them in the kids menu at lunch…

I may have missed it but does anyone have experience to share about S71 breakfast? The menu looked good so we're booked for early December :)

I had breakfast here, it's a good breakfast. I recommend it if you have the time. Opening hours (7:30am) are a little tight for rope droppers, but otherwise it's a good breakfast.

I have two reservations for 2, one for lunch, one for a late (8:30) dinner, on Dec 17th. We only need one, and I'm not sure which to cancel! Does anyone need to know when I cancel so they can snag it?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter