Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

I'm sorry, but I thought I posted a question ...but cannot for the life of me find it...so please don't flame me for asking again....can someone tell me if the mansions are considered preferred or is the Alligator Bayou?

Would anyone care to share a good building reccommendation...my priorities in order are 1) buses 2) food court 3) pool.

I think I have paid for a preferred room.

When we went in December, we had a close building....28...and I didn't like it as much as building 34. 34 was really good for the buses (first stop), but far away from the food court. If I ever go to POR again, I would request building 34. In the end, the buses won out for me and I don't mind the walk to the food court.

I have seem some great pics, but have a silly question. What is the slide like on the main/themed pool at POR? I have seen tons of pics of the one at POFQ, but none of the one at POR. :thanks:

We are going to stay at POR for the first time in October. We are very excited. Love the pictures. Trying to decide if I want a mansion room or Ab room. Decisions, decisions...

Well, since there are 5 of us - we will be in Alligator Bayou. (4 adults and 1 child) , it will be cozy, but it's just for 4 nights...
They said with our AP rate, we could get 2 rooms over at All Stars or PoP for like $50 more - but, i think we will just stay where we are - we all love hot tubs, and especially after running, i would be bummed that the all stars don't have them.. And my dd loves slides, and she will be hanging by the pool alot, so i think POR pool area would be a better fit.

We'll have to do a pool day. Maybe we will see you there!!! We have 6 total, so we got two rooms.

I'm sorry, but I thought I posted a question ...but cannot for the life of me find it...so please don't flame me for asking again....can someone tell me if the mansions are considered preferred or is the Alligator Bayou?

Would anyone care to share a good building reccommendation...my priorities in order are 1) buses 2) food court 3) pool.

I think I have paid for a preferred room.

I will try and answer your question:

POR has waterview rooms, and kingsize beds, and these are the prefered rooms, or at least, these cost more then the standardview. You can get standard rooms in both the AB section, and the Mansion section, just like you can get waterview or kingbed in both sections, you just pay a little more for it.

As far as room location goes, its a very personal thing -- we love the themeing of the AB section, so always ask to be in there, close to the foodcourt. Buildings 14, 15, 18 are all good, very close to the main building, and also close to the foodcourt. It is also pretty close to the main pool -- but let me tell you, one of the best things about POR are the numerous quiet pools, all lovely in themselves, and you are bound to be very close to one, as there are 4 or 5 quiet pools scattered around POR.

If mansions are your thing, (they look gorgeous from the pictures too) there is one mansion that is very close to the main building and the main pool, I think Magnolia is the one that is the closest, but I could be wrong.

I think the main depot by the building (south) is usually considered the 'best' bus stop, because the busses stop here first on the way into the parks. AB buildings 14, 15, 18 are very close to the main bus stop, so in addition to being closest to the food court, you are close to the main bus stop.

My fav building is 14 or 18 in the AB section.

In this thread earlier on, someone gave a link to a site that has a lot of info on Port Orleans, and on it is a very good map to show you the buildings.
Its portorleans.org, and hit the hints and tips page, it gives you ideas of what the 'best' locations are.

One more point,,, best location are very individual, some people very much prefere other buildings that are further away because of the peaceful quiet atmosphere, and other factors. I just gave you what I like, and the reason I like it.

HTH

~A

Port Orleans is my favorite resort! Here are a few photos from past stays...

2358962195_db883e4f5a.jpg

We'll have to do a pool day. Maybe we will see you there!!! We have 6 total, so we got two rooms.

Ya, i think b/c it is going to be warm down there at that time, i am assuming, we will be spending most of the daytime hours by the pool, and doing parks at night.. Considering this is our second trip this year - (we go every november for TG) - so i am not going to burn myself out waiting in line for rides i have gone on lots of time.. ya know?? ;) I plan on getting as much R&R as i can - with a pina colada in my hand! :beach: :cloud9:

cdfl30 -- those pics are BEAUTIFUL!! Great eye!!

WOW, GORGEOUS pictures, everyone!!! :sunny:

Here is a link to my web page with all of my POR pictures, but I'll also post some here: http://www.brownfamilyvacations.com/html/POR2007.htm

The Main Lobby
P1010193.JPG

Looking towards the Check-In area:
P1010194.JPG

Inside the Check-In area:
P1010190.JPG

Some various shots (I have a lot more on my page!):
P1010101.JPG

P1010082.JPG

Pool Bar:
P1010088.JPG

I was there last May which was after the food-court rehab. On my site, I have a lot of pictures of the food court area and of the menus.

We usually stay at the Polynesian but this trip was just one of my girlfriends and I and I'm SO GLAD that I got the opportunity to stay at POR because I thought it was beautiful, very well themed (we stayed in Alligator Bayou and I loved it because it reminded me of my favorite parts of the Magic Kingdom, which is the entire left-hand side of the park!), very clean, very helpful CMs, etc.

I hope that everyone who's planning on staying here has as wonderful of a time that I did!!! ::yes:: :sunny:

Seaspray, GREAT PICS!! Thank you so much!! I sent my mom and my sis the link to your site, i loved looking at your pics!!

Seaspray, those photos of the lobby got me so excited!! I'm staying there in the summer for the 5th time and I can't wait! :cool1:

Lovin' this thread, August just can't come fast enough for me right now... Some fabulous pictures!

Just wanted to say KUDOS to the person who created the POR Tribute site -- very well done.

I have friends staying at POR (on my recommendation) this May, and this is a perfect site for them to get familiar with the resort. I just read the tip sheet on room location, awesome job!

Thanks, glad I could help. There's still quite a bit of work to be done, but it's coming together nicely now.

One thing I couldn't determine from all of the posts is WHERE do I want a room? I have paid for a preferred room. I'd like to be close to the bus stops, food court and pool....in that order of priority. I saw someone's map, but couldn't read it clearly enough to determine a good location.

As the above poster mentioned, I've just completed a room location advice page on my www.portorleans.org site, including what I hope should be an easy to read map for working out room locations.

Please let me know if it helps, or if there's anything you think I should add/change.

Have a great stay at my favourite WDW resort.

Andre

This is great. I am really starting to excited for 2009.

Thanks andrewilley for doing the POR site. I think I go on there daily just to look at all the pictures and dream of our trip.

Just back home from POR. Our 5th stay at POR, have stayed at POFQ twice. This was our 3rd stay in AB.

Some pics from Ole Man Island:
47b8da23b3127cceb75a5af72c9e00000026102Abs27Ns2cMa

47b8da23b3127cceb75a59226cd200000026102Abs27Ns2cMa

Other pics:
47b8da23b3127cceb75a5e42ad1900000026102Abs27Ns2cMa

47b8da23b3127cceb75a5f46ed8500000026102Abs27Ns2cMa

more later...

Thanks for posting the website!!! We were there in October 2007 for the first time at a moderate resort, and we LOVED the resort! I kind of felt like it had the atmosphere and looks of a deluxe, but for much less money!! My kids want to go back so bad, but I am in school right now, so we will have to wait until I am done. Only 2 1/2 more years, so hopefully it will go fast! The resort is very peaceful and all these pictures want me to go back even more!!!:goodvibes

I see your kids are young. Why did they like it more then Movies? Is it a bigger room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter