Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

Is there a minimum age requirement (as in, can my 4 year old daughter ride one with my husband?)....thanks for this great thread OP!!!:surfweb:

I was there 1/19 - 1/28 of this year and I took a couple.

We were in AB building 18 room 1845.
-0005.jpg

-0006.jpg

-0007.jpg

-0008.jpg

-0010.jpg

The quiet pool by our building. Most days we were the only ones it.
-0777.jpg

bridge leading to Ole Man Island
-1600.jpg

tables to eat at outside Riverside Mill. Loved it.
-1601.jpg

Great place to hang out.
-1603.jpg

Marina.
-1604.jpg

Rent some surrey bikes if you like.
-1607.jpg

peaceful and relaxing.
-1611.jpg

Parterre Place
-1616.jpg

Bridge before FQ
-1621.jpg

under the bridge.
-1622.jpg

Fulton's store.
-0016.jpg

-0017.jpg

Front entrance.
-0020.jpg

at night.
-0176.jpg

That looks like all I have.

Great shots everyone - thanks for sharing.
Staying there for the first time in 26 days!!! :yay: :yay:

we stayed at por over christmas. i don't know why i did'nt take more pics of the inside of the room, especially since i have been on the dis since before my trip and know that people on here like to see pictures. our favorite part of the entire trip was swimming every day.. there were 2 days we didn't even go into the park....granted one was christmas day and knew the parks would be insane. we were in 3905and had a connected room with family in the next room.

disneyvacation242.jpg

disneyvacation236.jpg

disneyvacation090.jpg

Well, we had an unexpected change in plans, since I am now not working until I can find another job....so, we are changing our reservations from beach club to por. I can't wait. When I told the girls, they asked if we can have the same room, so I guess I am going to request 3905, as long as we have a pool outside our door, I'll be happy! We'll be there from july 18-25...maybe we'll see some of you there!!

thanks! These pics are great! There really getting me motivated for my trip!

Who is Seaspray?

I just wanted to ask you which you preferred Riverside or Coronado Springs (since you have recently stayed at both) This will be our first stay at a moderate (as a family of 6- just had new addition) We normally stay at the delux for the larger rooms, but I think we might be better off with 2 adjoining rooms at one of these resorts. I'd appreciate any input you might have.

Thanks to everyone for sharing the pics - I'm hoping I can talk DH into a trip back in 2009 and would love to return to POR.

think of this, with 2 connecting rooms, you will have 2 bathrooms. that is going to be a huge difference for you. also, if you bring/order groceries, there are 2 fridges, and 2 tv's for the kids to fight less over what to watch. I know if I had 4 kids, i would much rather having the 2 rooms. make sure you say connecting, adjoining just means side by side...when we checked into por last time, the cm at check in explained the difference.

You posted this the right day. I just found this today:

http://www.portorleans.org/

If this doesn't get you excited, nothing will.

Thanks for posting the website!!! We were there in October 2007 for the first time at a moderate resort, and we LOVED the resort! I kind of felt like it had the atmosphere and looks of a deluxe, but for much less money!! My kids want to go back so bad, but I am in school right now, so we will have to wait until I am done. Only 2 1/2 more years, so hopefully it will go fast! The resort is very peaceful and all these pictures want me to go back even more!!!:goodvibes

I just wanted to ask you which you preferred Riverside or Coronado Springs (since you have recently stayed at both) This will be our first stay at a moderate (as a family of 6- just had new addition) We normally stay at the delux for the larger rooms, but I think we might be better off with 2 adjoining rooms at one of these resorts. I'd appreciate any input you might have.

I've been to both (May 2007) and like POR better. POR has a better food court IMHO, sweet potato pancakes at Boatwright's, and the boat to DTD!
They both have great pools and great slides.
I agree that 2 rooms are better than one.

Subscribing -- we will be there for the Minnie 5k race first week of may! This will be my first time at POR. :)

I prefer Port Orleans Riverside over Coronado because of two reasons. First is that there are too many conventioneers at Coronado. Every morning on my walk to get breakfast it was mainly people in business attire with laptops and cellphones. It really breaks the Disney magic first thing in the morning. Then when I'd get back to the resort at night, they would all be outside by the bar and lake making a ton of noise. And secondly, the food court at Coronado, in my opinion, is the worst on property that I've used. Its not run by Disney so the prices are higher than you'd pay anywhere else. Were talking $9.25 for a burger. Its also not setup very well. Its just a bunch of stands with different foods, but there is no line formation, so people are just walking around confused as to "where the line starts and ends", "who's ordered, who hasn't", etc. And to top it off, if you want to eat inside, you have to pay a gratuity because someone will bring you silverware and refill your mug. Even if you have a burger and don't need silverware, you still have to pay cause you ate inside. So if you don't want to pay, you have to eat outside or walk it back to your room. Its just not very convenient at all and way overpriced. The resort is awesome though and its got one of the best pools by far, definitely better than PO. But the only way I'd stay there again is if it became a non convention resort and changed the food court. Those two things definitely outweighed the good stuff for me. So to answer your question, I would choose Port Orleans Riverside if I was you. Sorry if this was too long, but I like to be thorough if Im going to have something negative to say about anything Disney. :rotfl:

Thanks for all the pics. We will be there 3/24 to 3/31.. We can't wait first time staying at anything other than the all stars..Our family is too big for allstars this year. The grounds look beautiful from all the pics.. Hope everyone has a great trip..:banana: :banana: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter