Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine that it will be that mind blowing...but that's just me. Unless it's something like a gaming experience, where you are actually in the game, I don't think it will feel that realistic. IDK, any thoughts on what would make it worth a huge price tag?

It’s supposed to be super immersed be with missions and classes you can take (like lightsaber training) and then throughout all of the Galaxy’s Edge your experience is tracked and CMs can interact with you based one your past experiences and I am sure what you do as part of your Hotel stay will impact that

.... this is of course assuming the pull it off

It’s supposed to be super immersed be with missions and classes you can take (like lightsaber training) and then throughout all of the Galaxy’s Edge your experience is tracked and CMs can interact with you based one your past experiences and I am sure what you do as part of your Hotel stay will impact that

.... this is of course assuming the pull it off
And you think they can do this type of thing with the numbers of people that would be staying there? IDK, if they can pull off something super phenomenal, and it better be for the price, I would be amazed. If they are going to charge gazillion dollars, we better have reports saying it's mind blowing! I'm a bit skeptical for now, until I hear more, or we hear from those who can afford to go. Right now it's all speculative, but so much fun anticipating all the possibilities! There are places you can go for the kind of things you describe, LARPS, where they have training and you stay in character during your stay. So hope it's more than that.

And you think they can do this type of thing with the numbers of people that would be staying there? IDK, if they can pull off something super phenomenal, and it better be for the price, I would be amazed. If they are going to charge gazillion dollars, we better have reports saying it's mind blowing! I'm a bit skeptical for now, until I hear more, or we hear from those who can afford to go. Right now it's all speculative, but so much fun anticipating all the possibilities! There are places you can go for the kind of things you describe, LARPS, where they have training and you stay in character during your stay. So hope it's more than that.

Well, it is a small, more boutique hotel so not nearly the number of people in question than the other hotels on property

I think there will be some elements of LARPing by much more than that as well - with the themed meals and then for part of your stay going into Galaxy’s Edge. They also have said that people can participate as much or as little as they want - so you don’t have to dress up, etc

I can't imagine that it will be that mind blowing...but that's just me. Unless it's something like a gaming experience, where you are actually in the game, I don't think it will feel that realistic. IDK, any thoughts on what would make it worth a huge price tag?

This is not goin to be " mind blowing" in the sense ur goin to walk in the place and its going to be like waliking into VR world where u just left reality and walked into a video game. Just like TheMaxRebo said, what makes it so special is the ablity to be completely immersed into the land and role. This still takes some imagination on the part of the guest. U might walk in and just see some cool star wars stuff where someone else will feel like they are actually walking into star wars. Its designed to immerse u and create a certain emotion within. Not going to work for everyone. Its goin to b amazing just to see how much attention to detail and amount of work they actually put into making it as real of an experience u can get.

My dilemma is trying not to watch any POV for either GE attraction until we go. I wasn't able to hold off FOP at Pandora and with DL coming online first, it's going to be incredibly tempting.

My dilemma is trying not to watch any POV for either GE attraction until we go. I wasn't able to hold off FOP at Pandora and with DL coming online first, it's going to be incredibly tempting.
I read about FOP before riding it, and I've read about Rise of the Resistance. I will not watch any POV videos for ROR. I didn't watch any for FOP, and it was amazing getting surprised. I will do the same for the star wars rides. I've even gone as far as ordering the entire family(specifically my DD) to avoid all videos or be left home next trip over Christmas 2019.

Does anyone have a link to more recent aerials for Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland? Can't seem to find some that aren't at least a month old.

From what I could see both inside and outside the park yesterday a lot of scaffolding is down and places where it's still up they are almost finished.
It looked like the Falcon was in at WDW from the aerials? But maybe that's just wishful thinking lol

It looked like the Falcon was in at WDW from the aerials? But maybe that's just wishful thinking lol

I know the production timelines for CA and FL have been very different, so it's really hard to gauge when it will be complete if we're comparing progress to DL. But I LOVE seeing things taking shape!!

I was awfully close to being done! I didn't see it at first.
562c6515-105c-4d14-9462-68318fb39481-jpeg.376396

Still a ways to go yet on the Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter