• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a guess, but I imagine that outer shell of the Falcon will go on in just a matter of days.

This aerial is from a month ago, and in a month they've added about 1/4-1/3 of the panels visible from above on the falcon. I'd venture your guess is a little optimistic
upload_2019-1-23_15-38-42.png

Just a guess, but I imagine that outer shell of the Falcon will go on in just a matter of days.

Another thing to note, that "outer shell" will be all there is. This won't be a model people can walk through as I understand it. It will be a prop to take pictures in front of and add to the themeing of the land. Am I wrong @rteetz ?

Another thing to note, that "outer shell" will be all there is. This won't be a model people can walk through as I understand it. It will be a prop to take pictures in front of and add to the themeing of the land. Am I wrong @rteetz ?
Correct this is just a prop. You won't go inside this at all as that would ruin the illusion of the ride.

Ohh interesting.

I've been wondering, and apologies if this has been mentioned before, but will they have assigned spots on the floor (that would correspond with the person's role in the ride) where people will be sent to?

I've been thinking how they will 'assign' people to their roles and the impact it would have on SB, FP and well now Single Rider line.

Ohh interesting.

I've been wondering, and apologies if this has been mentioned before, but will they have assigned spots on the floor (that would correspond with the person's role in the ride) where people will be sent to?

I've been thinking how they will 'assign' people to their roles and the impact it would have on SB, FP and well now Single Rider line.
I don't think its been explicitly said how your roles will be assigned.

Ohh interesting.

I don't think its been explicitly said how your roles will be assigned.

Definitely has to be some sort of system - can’t just have people fighting over who gets to fly when the cockpit door opens. Wonder if they will have separate lines for if you want to fly vs other roles - sort of like how they have separate/secondary lines for front row of some rollercoasters

Definitely has to be some sort of system - can’t just have people fighting over who gets to fly when the cockpit door opens. Wonder if they will have separate lines for if you want to fly vs other roles - sort of like how they have separate/secondary lines for front row of some rollercoasters
Yeah I figured they would have something. Just seems like they've got to have some order and yet some randomness to it as well. I mean I don't *think* it would make sense to have a Single Rider line always feed into a particular role nor would I think that would make sense for FP or Standby.

I'm still thinking about a choosing aspect. I know that rides sometimes allow you to stand off to the side if you want say the back or the front but I just can't imagine with all the demand this will possibly have that they would do that. I know that would be great to be able to pick your role but at the same time I can imagine a big back up for those more in demand roles. Now what I could see is that they allow you to pick within your own travelling party if your party fills up the whole cabin. I'm just thinking it would cause a disarray and back up if they always let you choose. It's why rides don't really favor allowing front/back options a lot of times.

That all being said they could totally surprise me and have some really good idea for how to implement allowing choice of role outside of travelling party.

Yeah I figured they would have something. Just seems like they've got to have some order and yet some randomness to it as well. I mean I don't *think* it would make sense to have a Single Rider line always feed into a particular role nor would I think that would make sense for FP or Standby.

I'm still thinking about a choosing aspect. I know that rides sometimes allow you to stand off to the side if you want say the back or the front but I just can't imagine with all the demand this will possibly have that they would do that. I know that would be great to be able to pick your role but at the same time I can imagine a big back up for those more in demand roles. Now what I could see is that they allow you to pick within your own travelling party if your party fills up the whole cabin. I'm just thinking it would cause a disarray and back up if they always let you choose. It's why rides don't really favor allowing front/back options a lot of times.

That all being said they could totally surprise me and have some really good idea for how to implement allowing choice of role outside of travelling party.

I hope you are right - and I also hope they have come up with a system where all 6 seats provide a great experience.

If not I just couldn’t deal with waiting 5 hours in line just to get one of the “bad” seats

I hope you are right - and I also hope they have come up with a system where all 6 seats provide a great experience.

If not I just couldn’t deal with waiting 5 hours in line just to get one of the “bad” seats
I am also interested to see how they deal with the story aspect. They have talked so much about if you pilot the falcon poorly that will stick with you. Well what if one person in your cabin does poorly but the rest do well. Does that impact you or only that person.

I am also interested to see how they deal with the story aspect. They have talked so much about if you pilot the falcon poorly that will stick with you. Well what if one person in your cabin does poorly but the rest do well. Does that impact you or only that person.

My guess is they are largely independent but that the max overall “score” would come if everyone does well (so if I do great but the rest does poor I get a 90, but if everyone does great I get a 100)

Otherwise I could see literal fights breaking out if someone causes someone else’s reputation to go down - especially if that person wasn’t with your group and was just filling seats in your cockpit

My guess is they are largely independent but that the max overall “score” would come if everyone does well (so if I do great but the rest does poor I get a 90, but if everyone does great I get a 100)

Otherwise I could see literal fights breaking out if someone causes someone else’s reputation to go down - especially if that person wasn’t with your group and was just filling seats in your cockpit

I just don’t see how they’re going to track it that much to change the scores for each individual, and then have it matter/ register outside the ride. Magic bands would make the most sense but Disneyland doesn’t have those.

I’m skeptical of how much this feature will actually do.

I keep seeing this... what would be a "bad" seat? In terms of view? In terms of the role you have to play? Would a "bad" seat be where you don't have a pivotal role? Some of us might want a seat where we can't do too much damage... :D

I keep seeing this... what would be a "bad" seat? In terms of view? In terms of the role you have to play? Would a "bad" seat be where you don't have a pivotal role? Some of us might want a seat where we can't do too much damage... :D

thinking the role ... and just how often I am seeing things like "I've waited 30 years to get to fly the Falcon" expressed here and on social media ... so for those to then wait another 5 hours in line and not get to fly, I don't think that will go well

thinking the role ... and just how often I am seeing things like "I've waited 30 years to get to fly the Falcon" expressed here and on social media ... so for those to then wait another 5 hours in line and not get to fly, I don't think that will go well
I guess I think it’s silly and extremely unreasonable if GROWNUPS actually think they are owed being the pilot because they’ve waited in line... just like everyone else has.

I’m sure some will complain, but that’s true of everything.

Looking at the Falcon pictures, are general visitors going to get that same viewpoint? When you walk into the land, will you be able to see it from above?

I guess I think it’s silly and extremely unreasonable if GROWNUPS actually think they are owed being the pilot because they’ve waited in line... just like everyone else has.

I’m sure some will complain, but that’s true of everything.

I get that but I think just specifically for this it is about piloting it not just riding for a lot of people ... so they would be willing to wait more of however long it takes to pilot but if they can't pilot it the desire to ride at all goes way down

That is why I was wondering about separate or secondary line for those that want to pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter