Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
thinking the role ... and just how often I am seeing things like "I've waited 30 years to get to fly the Falcon" expressed here and on social media ... so for those to then wait another 5 hours in line and not get to fly, I don't think that will go well

I couldn't agree more. I think most people would be happy to be in one of the two front seats but quite disappointed to be anywhere else. And yes, after waiting 5 hours, many would rather wait yet another hour if it meant they would get to sit in the pilot or co-pilot's seat. Considering most people will get to ride this only ONCE during their entire trip and then will be waiting a year or more until they come again, what's one more hour to get THE SEAT?!

thinking the role ... and just how often I am seeing things like "I've waited 30 years to get to fly the Falcon" expressed here and on social media ... so for those to then wait another 5 hours in line and not get to fly, I don't think that will go well
This is really a "we'll see what happens when reviews start coming in" thing but I have a hunch that the piloting functions will be really limited. I guess it'll still be a bit of an issue because THE SEAT but hopefully people don't raise too much of a stink about it.

(they'll still raise a stink)

Since we're talking about this in theory, I'd be more peeved to sit in the back and the person steering the falcon is terrible at it.

another reason that ideally the roles are independent - so that even if the pilot is terrible you can still enjoy your role

I think i'd be happy with a gunner role, or navigator, pilot. As a grown up, I'd be happy for my kid to get to be pilot if that's what he wanted. But yeah, I can see many adults behaving worse than kids if there isn't some way of doing this. I'd laugh like crazy if the line for pilot was 5 hours and the line for gunner was 1 hour or some such thing.

I think i'd be happy with a gunner role, or navigator, pilot. As a grown up, I'd be happy for my kid to get to be pilot if that's what he wanted. But yeah, I can see many adults behaving worse than kids if there isn't some way of doing this. I'd laugh like crazy if the line for pilot was 5 hours and the line for gunner was 1 hour or some such thing.

Now see, that would be really awesome! Because I could see waiting 5 hours to get to pilot the Falcon and then waiting another hour to be a gunner after I've done it once. :D

Honestly, I have enough faith in the imagineers right now that they will figure out how to make it fun for everyone there, and it will add to the ride to look forward to see what position you get. Most will be in there with family as well, so that will play a part as to who is where and the reaction.

Now see, that would be really awesome! Because I could see waiting 5 hours to get to pilot the Falcon and then waiting another hour to be a gunner after I've done it once. :D

Honestly, I have enough faith in the imagineers right now that they will figure out how to make it fun for everyone there, and it will add to the ride to look forward to see what position you get. Most will be in there with family as well, so that will play a part as to who is where and the reaction.

I could definitely see the scenario where people really want to pilot it and then either don't get to or aren't willing to wait more to do so (or their family isn't willing to wait more) and then in the end the find that other role was more enjoyable than they expected (or at least that is my hope)

I'm guessing they've got something to at least test and probably some back up ideas. The addition of a single rider line is something I was wondering about especially because of FOP.

Star Wars is something that attracts a lot of adults. I don't think the present and past offerings of Star Wars things at DHS was really aimed at adults. I do think that the new land is more aimed at adults than the previous offerings at least. That's a different angle in terms of interactiveness. That's why I'm so intrigued with how they will handle the assignments.

A lot of this to me is how your success ties into the interaction with others in the area. I believe at one time, there was supposed to be and effect on your interaction with staff in SW:GE depending on your outcome of riding the rides. If that is still the case, it would drive you to want to ride it many times to try different roles, and have different level of success I would believe.

But the "sport" in me would want to have an epic fail, fly into an asteroid or miss most my shot as examples just to see how much "guff" I get when I walk around :D

A lot of this to me is how your success ties into the interaction with others in the area. I believe at one time, there was supposed to be and effect on your interaction with staff in SW:GE depending on your outcome of riding the rides. If that is still the case, it would drive you to want to ride it many times to try different roles, and have different level of success I would believe.

But the "sport" in me would want to have an epic fail, fly into an asteroid or miss most my shot as examples just to see how much "guff" I get when I walk around :D

after I "borrow" one of my friends MB ;)

With the number of people crowding into the land, the odds on a one on one interaction outside a gift shop or restaurant will be limited. I think people have built this up in their minds that they are going to be role playing within the land. While I think there might be a very small component of that, it's just unrealistic. Will your waiter give you a hard time? Maybe, if you are the one whose band he scans. Possibly the person you buy your overprice porg off of will say something as well. Maybe if you are specially chosen from the crowd like happens during the March of the First Order. But for most guests? It's just not going to happen.

Now, if you ride the ride twice or more, I could see some canned part of the intro picking on you for your last attempt. A line or two maybe. But true, active, ongoing, frequent personalization throughout the land? You and how many other thousands? It's just not real possible.

I guess we will see though.

With the number of people crowding into the land, the odds on a one on one interaction outside a gift shop or restaurant will be limited. I think people have built this up in their minds that they are going to be role playing within the land. While I think there might be a very small component of that, it's just unrealistic. Will your waiter give you a hard time? Maybe, if you are the one whose band he scans. Possibly the person you buy your overprice porg off of will say something as well. Maybe if you are specially chosen from the crowd like happens during the March of the First Order. But for most guests? It's just not going to happen.

Now, if you ride the ride twice or more, I could see some canned part of the intro picking on you for your last attempt. A line or two maybe. But true, active, ongoing, frequent personalization throughout the land? You and how many other thousands? It's just not real possible.

I guess we will see though.

also another angle I bet they push with staying at the Hotel and for any hard ticket events (extra magic hours, etc.) - that greater opportunity for those "role playing elements"

Well fortunately we won't be waiting 5 hours for anything. It will be FP or we won't ride.

yeah, I get that - but I think for the vast majority of people they will be lucky to get one FP for each ride for their vacation and in that case, you get one ride, which seat do you want? How would you feel if that one ride you don't get the experience you want?

(realize I am playing devils advocate a bit and hopefully there are no issues and all seats provide an amazing experience)

yeah, I get that - but I think for the vast majority of people they will be lucky to get one FP for each ride for their vacation and in that case, you get one ride, which seat do you want? How would you feel if that one ride you don't get the experience you want?

(realize I am playing devils advocate a bit and hopefully there are no issues and all seats provide an amazing experience)

I think for the first time riding it we will just be amazed with everything that is happening and it won't matter which seat we are in. It would probably be irritating though to ride it multiple times and get stuck in the same seat everytime.

And you think they can do this type of thing with the numbers of people that would be staying there? IDK, if they can pull off something super phenomenal, and it better be for the price, I would be amazed. If they are going to charge gazillion dollars, we better have reports saying it's mind blowing! I'm a bit skeptical for now, until I hear more, or we hear from those who can afford to go. Right now it's all speculative, but so much fun anticipating all the possibilities! There are places you can go for the kind of things you describe, LARPS, where they have training and you stay in character during your stay. So hope it's more than that.

Based on the blueprints we have seen it will have at most 100 rooms, so you are looking at most 400 people in the hotel at one time, and probably less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter