• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is all about what aspect of the land do you value and what other trade offs can you can make. For me, experiencing the Land itself is important so super intense crowds will be such a detracting element to me ... and I normally would never spend that kind of money but for this I would save money elsewhere - stay offsite, shorten my trip, drive instead of fly, etc. heck, if the event didn’t require separate admission ticket I might literally just do this and not go to any other parks

Yea, i agree with ya. For me, its not worth 500 just to see the land but more about it being worth not having the crowd and just being able to enjoy what time i am there. It also depends on how the ticket is setup, will it include entrance to the park or will i need a normal park ticket and then a seperate ticket for GE which now makes it a $635 ticket but if includes park entrance then its only $365 and thats if its even $500 which i still find hard to believe they price it that high without adding some stuff and making it exclusive.

Yea, i agree with ya. For me, its not worth 500 just to see the land but more about it being worth not having the crowd and just being able to enjoy what time i am there. It also depends on how the ticket is setup, will it include entrance to the park or will i need a normal park ticket and then a seperate ticket for GE which now makes it a $635 ticket but if includes park entrance then its only $365 and thats if its even $500 which i still find hard to believe they price it that high without adding some stuff and making it exclusive.

i agree with all of this ... and, like you said about not having the crowd and being able to fully enjoy everything. To me I'd rather spend, say, $500 and fully enjoy everything, vs $250 and kinda get to experience it but not fully due to still high crowds

How many families could actually afford $500 a ticket. An average cost for a family of 4 is what, $5,000 and another $1600 if they have to fly making it $6,600. Add another $2,000 just for GE. I would think at that price most families that go annually will pass.

How many families could actually afford $500 a ticket. An average cost for a family of 4 is what, $5,000 and another $1600 if they have to fly making it $6,600. Add another $2,000 just for GE. I would think at that price most families that go annually will pass.

I completely disagree. One thing I've learned over the years is no matter what the price is people will line up to purchase special event tickets. They'd sell out in minutes at that price.

i agree with all of this ... and, like you said about not having the crowd and being able to fully enjoy everything. To me I'd rather spend, say, $500 and fully enjoy everything, vs $250 and kinda get to experience it but not fully due to still high crowds

If wdw does end up offering a preview ticket event, how long do they usually run these type of events before fully opening. Im hoping they run it through the xmas/new year holidays to get through the busiest times. Ill be there at xmas and if there isnt a ticketed event, i wont be goin there, cant handle the type of crowd that GE is going to produce.

This kind of special event isn't for an average family of 4. It's for people who either really love Star Wars or Disney and save up to do it special, or the generally wealthy. The regular family of 4 is going to try for Fastpasses and spend an hour in the land and then move on to the rest of what Disney offers. Not everyone, and I include my family of 5 firmly in this statement, can do everything that Disney offers. It's just too expensive. And sometimes that makes me sad, sometimes it annoys me, and most of the time it just is part of life. There are things everywhere that I can't afford.

So yeah, lots and lots and lots, more than most, will miss out on this kind of experience. In fact, that's the point. Make it expensive so it doesn't crowd up. Exclusivity is the draw and the reason the few will pay so much for it. I just hope that my family, and my kids, will be able to enjoy Disney a few more times before they price us out of even the regular experience of staying and getting tickets, and going for a few days.

If they do do a special event for AP holders or DVC members, how far in advance do you think they'll announce and release tickets? We're going to WDW in September and upgrading to AP's before our December trip. I would hate to miss out on something like that because we didn't have our passes in time.

If wdw does end up offering a preview ticket event, how long do they usually run these type of events before fully opening. Im hoping they run it through the xmas/new year holidays to get through the busiest times. Ill be there at xmas and if there isnt a ticketed event, i wont be goin there, cant handle the type of crowd that GE is going to produce.

This is sort of uncharted territory - I don't recall many (if any) paid previews at WDW. They had it at Disneyland, such as for Pixar Pier, but I think that was just a one night thing

I am picturing more how they run the paid extra magic hours which are like several times a week and sort of ongoing - so I would expect something similar, but they might also do paid previews before the grand opening. No idea for how long but I wouldn't expect more than a handful.

So not sure if this answers your question. To your specific dates, i wouldn't expect a "hard ticket preview" going on as I expect full opening before then, but they may have the hard ticket Extra Magic Hours going on then. Or, like for Toy Story Land they didn't do the member events until a few months after it is open so who knows

(sorry that this didn't really help, but we are all just guessing at this point)

Personally, I'm going to try to go again this summer before SWGE opens. Then I don't play on going back for at least a year after it opens. And I'm a giant star wars nerd.

yeah, we might be the same - we are going in August and then not sure when we will go after that. And then once you get to 2021 you also have the 50th anniversary stuff going on so we will need to figure out when we will go for that as well.

I think a large part dictating will be how prices are, how crowds are, and what types of hard ticket events they are offering and what the price point is

yeah, we might be the same - we are going in August and then not sure when we will go after that. And then once you get to 2021 you also have the 50th anniversary stuff going on so we will need to figure out when we will go for that as well.

I think a large part dictating will be how prices are, how crowds are, and what types of hard ticket events they are offering and what the price point is

Actually I lied. I will most assuredly be going twice in the next two year almost to the day. My daughter just turned 1, I am not going to give up the chance for her to be ticket-free.

Actually I lied. I will most assuredly be going twice in the next two year almost to the day. My daughter just turned 1, I am not going to give up the chance for her to be ticket-free.

haha - definitely. Whenever I see people post on Facebook about "what age should I wait until to first take my kids to Disney?" and I usually include in my response, well, they are free when under 3, so I'd go then!

Even if they do offer the after hours ticketed event im not so sure id buy it..seems like the last couple of ticketed events(mnsshp/mickey xmas) we went to were very crowded and not much difference in wait times. Seems disney is getn into a bad habit of over selling these events.

Personally, I'm going to try to go again this summer before SWGE opens. Then I don't play on going back for at least a year after it opens. And I'm a giant star wars nerd.
This is kinda what we r doing. We go 2 times a year. So instead of going in the fall we r bumping the fall trip to Easter of 2020 but still going this June.

I deff consider myself a Star Wars nerd so my plan is do what we can that Easter and then the next trip. Rinse and repeat. We r there enough we will eventually see it.

This kind of special event isn't for an average family of 4. It's for people who either really love Star Wars or Disney and save up to do it special, or the generally wealthy. The regular family of 4 is going to try for Fastpasses and spend an hour in the land and then move on to the rest of what Disney offers. Not everyone, and I include my family of 5 firmly in this statement, can do everything that Disney offers. It's just too expensive. And sometimes that makes me sad, sometimes it annoys me, and most of the time it just is part of life. There are things everywhere that I can't afford.

So yeah, lots and lots and lots, more than most, will miss out on this kind of experience. In fact, that's the point. Make it expensive so it doesn't crowd up. Exclusivity is the draw and the reason the few will pay so much for it. I just hope that my family, and my kids, will be able to enjoy Disney a few more times before they price us out of even the regular experience of staying and getting tickets, and going for a few days.

I'm right there with you. I used to get really bothered by all the upcharges. Also with a fam of 5 here. I now have relinquished myself to the fact that we just won't really ever be able to do the upsell events, or the character dinings, and just hang on to the thread that at least we can still go. For now....

I'm right there with you. I used to get really bothered by all the upcharges. Also with a fam of 5 here. I now have relinquished myself to the fact that we just won't really ever be able to do the upsell events, or the character dinings, and just hang on to the thread that at least we can still go. For now....
You are not alone! :)

Was just going to post something similar. Not to be rude but yeah the $500 will be for obsessives and loaded families. I mentioned earlier that I could see myself doing this because the extra price is worth not having to deal with the insanity but I would absolutely not do it if I was married with kids, it's insane. At that point we'd be waiting for the crowds to chill a bit.

Not very well. It was overpriced for what it was and it was a daytime-ish event on a weekday. But I do think that Disney could sell at that price point for a SWGE event because it’s not an overlay etc.

I'm very happy to read that. Perhaps it will help temper the price just a bit for SWGE. Maybe it'll be $450 instead of $500. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter