STACE Mountain @WL Aug2010 PTR with PICS- Update 7/22!

Ok... but I can't help but notice... are those pictures with your brother taken in your house?!! You have a mounted deer head in your house?? Bambi??!paw:

Ok... but I can't help but notice... are those pictures with your brother taken in your house?!! You have a mounted deer head in your house?? Bambi??!paw:

Heck no, woman! Those pics were taken at Mom's. I love my mommy BUT we have very different taste in decor.;)

Yay! Your trip is so close!! :cool1:

Cameran looks adorable in those 4th of July pictures! :lovestruc I hope your brother has a safe deployment! My thoughts and prayers are with you! :hug:

Wow, that is the most organized pack job I have ever seen! Good job!! :thumbsup2 I might take a picture of what my packing looks like before I leave in December just to give everyone a good laugh! :laughing:

Really Jealous on your single digits! You are so funny with the packing practice:lmao:!
Can't wait to hear about the trip:goodvibes

Online Check-In happened this morning. I was fully prepared to wait until 12:01 AM last night and do it then (half out of spite), but :rotfl2: at 11:45 PM I was too tired, gave up, and went to bed. So... I checked in this morning. WOW was that not worth my hype. It took 3 minutes exactly, asked me MAYBE 8 questions (and most were just confirming what they already had), and only two check boxes for "room requests" (which Reservations already checked "ground floor" for me). I was pretty happy that there was a question asking what time we plan to get there, so I won't have to shock anyone with my beaming little face at 7AM. :thumbsup2

Joni- Thanks for your prayers for my little brother! The whole family is a little nervous... he's only 19. But a very capable young man with outrageous intelligence. :thumbsup2

Joni- Thanks for your prayers for my little brother! The whole family is a little nervous... he's only 19. But a very capable young man with outrageous intelligence. :thumbsup2

I pray for a safe deployment for your brother. My SIL returned from his Iraqi deployment (He's army) just before the 4th of July. He and my DD22 are now living in the most upper part of upper New York, across from Ontario, where he is stationed at Ft. Drum.

Now.. after all that talk about packing,,,, I will find and post the photo of all the &%^&#$%$@ that we packed on our last trip.

first pick is the window writing on the back of my van.

26609_377708562893_674127893_3858368_2677357_n.jpg

These are from July 09 (can't find the one from March '10)
6520_109005147893_674127893_2335735_2386504_n.jpg

6520_109005152893_674127893_2335736_3738937_n.jpg

6520_109005157893_674127893_2335737_788360_n.jpg

6520_109005162893_674127893_2335738_7277455_n.jpg

OH THANK YOU MINDY!!! I feel much, MUCH better now!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I was actually thinking about asking some of you "how embarrassed am I going to be about the amount of 'stuff' I'm bringing, and leaving with bell services on day 1?" Here's my list:

(2) Large suitcases (#1=DH clothes, shoes, "surprises" for Cam, empty space for suvies; #2=mine and Cam's clothes and shoes)

(2) small suitcases (#1=food/cleaning products, paper goods, etc...; #2=pool suff, extra suppiles for refilling park bag, batteries, etc...)

(1) Large duffel (Cam's blankies and pillow, diapers galore, wipes, swim diapers, toys, books)

(1) small duffel/gym bag size (contains a 24-pocket shoe organizer-rolled up-filled with toiletries and meds, hair dryer)

(1) Large park bag- all our daily needs for trips to the theme parks

(1) medium sling backpack- contains all cameras and camcorder, line needs, and important documents, a couple diapers, snacks, etc...

(1) cooler (or cooler bag-like from Sam's/Costco) filled with cherry tomatoes, yogurt, and grapes- Cam eats these all day, every day.

A stroller

and two cases of water!

Geesh! I'm exhausted! :crazy2:

OH THANK YOU MINDY!!! I feel much, MUCH better now!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I was actually thinking about asking some of you "how embarrassed am I going to be about the amount of 'stuff' I'm bringing, and leaving with bell services on day 1?" Here's my list:

(2) Large suitcases (#1=DH clothes, shoes, "surprises" for Cam, empty space for suvies; #2=mine and Cam's clothes and shoes)

(2) small suitcases (#1=food/cleaning products, paper goods, etc...; #2=pool suff, extra suppiles for refilling park bag, batteries, etc...)

(1) Large duffel (Cam's blankies and pillow, diapers galore, wipes, swim diapers, toys, books)

(1) small duffel/gym bag size (contains a 24-pocket shoe organizer-rolled up-filled with toiletries and meds, hair dryer)

(1) Large park bag- all our daily needs for trips to the theme parks

(1) medium sling backpack- contains all cameras and camcorder, line needs, and important documents, a couple diapers, snacks, etc...

(1) cooler (or cooler bag-like from Sam's/Costco) filled with cherry tomatoes, yogurt, and grapes- Cam eats these all day, every day.

A stroller

and two cases of water!

Geesh! I'm exhausted! :crazy2:

Don't forget, if you're not flying you don't HAVE to use suitcases. I use lots of canvas boat bags and all manner of totes. suitcases for clothes. Don't forget to pack those spritz-bottle fans. I have a large one that we bought in the parks a few years ago, but the batteries fall out pretty easily. :confused3 I have a couple small ones with carabiners on them to attach to belt or bag, those were just a couple dollars at Wal-mart! However, I'm sworn off that store... at least the one here in my area. I'll go to the one in West Virginia!:lmao: Lots of sunscreen too. Now, if you forget anything... there is a Winn Dixie up the road. I have my Winn Dixie card in my Disney wallet since we don't have Winn Dixie up here. There's also a drug store right across the street from Downtown Disney. Everything is available in the parks, but it costs more. Familiarize yourself with the Babycare centers in each park. The one in magic kingdom is such a lifesaver, at least it was when Heidi was a baby. They have high chairs, changing tables, supplies, nursing rooms...just everything you need and its cool and comfortable and staffed by lovely ladies in old fashioned main street attire, which makes them look even more helpful! :thumbsup2

Thanks you Mindy. I have packed everything you mentioned. I honestly think if we had to walk out the door now, I'm ready (except DH won't pack until last minute). I just have to wait this week out. Tomorrrow is pamper day. (Today was PAMPERS day :rotfl2: I bought massive amounts of diapers at Sam's) Tomorrow I take the DGm81 to get her annual haircut :rotfl: Oh fun times, fun times... there a reason we only take her once a year! Then I'm getting my nails done :cool1: for the first time since I was pregnant!

I may have to schedule in a doctor's visit for me before we leave. This morning in church I had an optical migraine and went blind. They had to call my DF to come get us, wasn't pretty. (at least I don't think it was pretty- I couldn't see)

I'm starting to wonder if scheduling a most wonderful vacation in WDW for the exact same week I begin feeling my "Going back to work stress" was such a great idea. :confused3 Anyways, next year we are going the weekend I get out of work (beginning of summer instead) to use annual passes up, so i guess I can compare at that point.

This began as a "thank you" and ended as a ramble... sorry! Thanks for being there to listen/read! :hug:

Scary headaches!! Hope you do not get one in Disney!

It is so close now!:banana::banana:
When you come back and start a trip report, please let me know on this thread so I can join, I can not wait to hear about your trip!

Oh No. An eye migraine. That happens to my neighbor. It is not pretty. Do you take something for migraines regularly?

When does your school (for you) start? I know the deep south starts so early. Our kids don't go back til Sept. 7th, but my DS18's college classes start the 16th, and he has to be there for dorm move in and orientation on the 10th, which is why our Disney vacation with DD8 starts Aug. 11th.

I'm debating whether or not to purchase this little 1.7 cu. fridge that is on sale at Target for $49.00. I could use it at the Pop Century (instead of having to haul ice every day) and potentially drop it off at Florida Tech for my DD18 to use this semester. Not that he absolutely needs it because his room is supposed to come with some contraption that is a combo fridge/freezer/micro. :confused3 I just can't decide whether I should save the money (because of my gasp inducing electric bill) or spring for it! :confused:

Oh No. An eye migraine. That happens to my neighbor. It is not pretty. Do you take something for migraines regularly?

When does your school (for you) start? I know the deep south starts so early. Our kids don't go back til Sept. 7th, but my DS18's college classes start the 16th, and he has to be there for dorm move in and orientation on the 10th, which is why our Disney vacation with DD8 starts Aug. 11th.

I'm debating whether or not to purchase this little 1.7 cu. fridge that is on sale at Target for $49.00. I could use it at the Pop Century (instead of having to haul ice every day) and potentially drop it off at Florida Tech for my DD18 to use this semester. Not that he absolutely needs it because his room is supposed to come with some contraption that is a combo fridge/freezer/micro. :confused3 I just can't decide whether I should save the money (because of my gasp inducing electric bill) or spring for it! :confused:

I have to return to work for teacher "pre-planning" week which is Aug 9th through 13th, then school officially starts on the 16th. We get out a week earlier than this past year though (first week of June, instead of second). We were robbed this year with measly 8 weeks of summer vacation! boooo.

I would buy the fridge. ::yes:: In fact, as you might recall from the first two posts of this PTR, I was originally booked for the POP, and that is the exact fridge I was going to purchase to take with us. I explained to DH that it would cost the SAME to buy one as to rent one there, and at least we'd get to keep it. We have to have a fridge, because hauling ice just was not going to happen. :laughing: and Cameran without cherry tomatoes is NOT a friendly little Stitch! :stitch2: That's like mommy without coffee!! :scared:

I'm impressed that she'll eat cherry tomatoes. My DD will not touch any raw veggie or even fruit right now! she says it makes her throat itch! :confused3
DS18 says the SAME thing... so no hope she'll outgrow it. Meanwhile, I live on veggies dipped in hummus! and pita chips. yum!

DH just brought me the Disney Visa bill to ask about some purchases that were not recorded in Quicken! uh oh.. $63.00 at the Disney store:rolleyes1 The big thing is that our AP renewals AND our new washing machine with the service contract $1200+ shows up on the next bill too... and we'll have to pay the balance of the Pop Century when we check in.:scared1: I'm nervous about springing for the fridge.:eek: It would make life so much easier. DD8 NEVER finishes anything and things just need to go in the fridge.

Hey...just wanted to make you feel a little bit better about the optical migraine. As long as it is not a recurring thing, you shouldn't need to worry. And by recurring I mean a couple in a week or so's time. They are very scary though! I remember having one at work one time and couldn't see patient's charts or the computer screen. Only out of my left eye though. Well I can really only see out of my left eye, so that was a problem! haha

Your trip is sooo close!!!

Hey...just wanted to make you feel a little bit better about the optical migraine. As long as it is not a recurring thing, you shouldn't need to worry. And by recurring I mean a couple in a week or so's time. They are very scary though! I remember having one at work one time and couldn't see patient's charts or the computer screen. Only out of my left eye though. Well I can really only see out of my left eye, so that was a problem! haha

Your trip is sooo close!!!

YES! Exactly! I've had them now 6 times in my life (so I guess not too much of a problem- I get normal migraines about once a week, 3-4 when school is in session) But you're right, only the left field of vision is gone! Weird. Another weird tidbit of info on its way... ready? I can only hear out of my left ear! Seriously, 80% deaf in right ear. (shhhh... don't tell me students! When they figure this out, eveyone wants to sit on the right side of the room!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter