STACE Mountain @WL Aug2010 PTR with PICS- Update 7/22!

I LOVE the pin cards! That is such a sweet idea. I bet CMs love the opportunity to help people like who you really seem to appreciate all of their hard work! :goodvibes

Cameran's outfit is adorable! Maybe people will be so blown away by how cute she is they really will let you cut in line! ;) Hey, it could happen!

I LOVE the pin cards! That is such a sweet idea. I bet CMs love the opportunity to help people like who you really seem to appreciate all of their hard work! :goodvibes

Cameran's outfit is adorable! Maybe people will be so blown away by how cute she is they really will let you cut in line! ;) Hey, it could happen!

Yes, it does. Cuteness opens doors! I know... I have a very cute child. One day when waiting for the Spectro Magic parade in Frontierland, Heidi was being particularly cute and a man sweeping the street stopped and handed her a special Tinkerbell pin that you can only get from cast members!! :cutie:

Ok, I officially want you to come here to Michigan and make all those cute things for my two girls. You know, in your spare time.....

I've got more reading to do...........

Ok, I officially want you to come here to Michigan and make all those cute things for my two girls. You know, in your spare time.....

I've got more reading to do...........

:rotfl2: Ok... on my way! :teleport: Hmmm I'd better go dig that Michigan 2004 Rose Bowl T-shirt outta my laundry!

He has stopped responding to me. He just looks at me with that "dear God, let her go back to normal after this trip" look on his face.

I know that look too!

And I am jealous of your purchase: laminator

I have wanted one for ages! I've even suggested it for a mother's day gift. He must have had wax in his ears that day.

Still reading, just had to comment. Carry on!

Sorry- had to share...

I just said the following to my DH: "Do you realize that in 10 days I can do online check-in, and that we can be checked in online in 10 days!?!"

He looked at me and said "Do you realize you've been saying things twice, just the second time is backwards?"

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Talk about "losing your marbles!" 19 and a half more days! I hope I make it that long before ALL my "marbles" turn into mickey heads!!
images

Sorry- had to share...

I just said the following to my DH: "Do you realize that in 10 days I can do online check-in, and that we can be checked in online in 10 days!?!"

He looked at me and said "Do you realize you've been saying things twice, just the second time is backwards?"

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Talk about "losing your marbles!" 19 and a half more days! I hope I make it that long before ALL my "marbles" turn into mickey heads!!
images

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I love setting little markers to make the time go faster! I start with the 180 ADR mark, then 100 days, 99 double digits, 90 days (just 3 months), 60 days, 30 days then single digits! Now I can add in the 10 day mark for online check in, then we can check in online;)
You are too cute!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I love setting little markers to make the time go faster! I start with the 180 ADR mark, then 100 days, 99 double digits, 90 days (just 3 months), 60 days, 30 days then single digits! Now I can add in the 10 day mark for online check in, then we can check in online;)
You are too cute!

I've never done on-line check in.. do you think you can do a room request that way? I was looking at the Pop map, and decided that I'll be happy in any section that isn't the 80's or 90's! I'm not too particular, just would rather be in the 60's, 70's or 50's. Since I think 60's is "preferred" and I didn't pay for that, I'll take the 70's or 50's. Do you think they'll let me do that online? I've never checked in online before. Seems more like a pre-check-in if you ask me, afterall, I'll still be 900 miles away!!

I've never done on-line check in.. do you think you can do a room request that way? I was looking at the Pop map, and decided that I'll be happy in any section that isn't the 80's or 90's! I'm not too particular, just would rather be in the 60's, 70's or 50's. Since I think 60's is "preferred" and I didn't pay for that, I'll take the 70's or 50's. Do you think they'll let me do that online? I've never checked in online before. Seems more like a pre-check-in if you ask me, afterall, I'll still be 900 miles away!!

Half the people who have done it say there's a *small* place to input a request, the other half say the request area is like a series of dropdown boxes... I will surely let you know in 9 days and 30 minutes. :rotfl2: (I only wish I was kidding)

My take on requests:

1. I have a son who is highly allergic to peanuts. One year I went as far as making sure on my reservation at the resort it was noted, and that the room be special cleaned before we checked in. This was recommended when I was making all of my reservations. Did it happen? No. Because they only look at your requests, if they remember to, or if you remind them at check in. In most cases, the castmember can't even see the request area on their computer screen unless they scroll down. That is how it was explained to me at check-in back in 2008. Plus it is only a request, and not a gaurantee.

2. I will purposely wait and see what they give me at check-in without mentioning my requests, its my little experiment that proves they don't look at requests.

I haven't been in a "bad" section of Pop yet. We've been in 80's, 50's, and 70's.

I don't particularly mind walking a longer distance to get to the main pool, however, in the morning, I am planning on bringing my breakfast cereal to the food court, and will have to return the box, and my bowl to the room before we head to the parks. If we're slightly closer (as in not in the 80's or 90's), it'll just save time.

I was told that you don't get your ACTUAL room assignment until you pick up your packet at the online check-in line at the main building when you arrive.

I don't particularly mind walking a longer distance to get to the main pool, however, in the morning, I am planning on bringing my breakfast cereal to the food court, and will have to return the box, and my bowl to the room before we head to the parks. If we're slightly closer (as in not in the 80's or 90's), it'll just save time.

I was told that you don't get your ACTUAL room assignment until you pick up your packet at the online check-in line at the main building when you arrive.

How about pouring it in a disposal bowl and then walking to the food court. Saves you a trip back to the room.

How about pouring it in a disposal bowl and then walking to the food court. Saves you a trip back to the room.

I did think about that. But then there is the milk issue. I am lactose intolerant. Last time, the food court, with as much selection as they do have, the don't have lactaid milk. I figure I'll have to keep my lactaid milk in a cooler (refreshed with ice daily), and that will have to be returned to the room. Another option is soy milk. I think they DO have soy milk at the Pop, but i"m very picky about the brand and variety. A few days, I might just go with a bagel and coffee if they have non-dairy creamer. I'm a picky coffee person too, so we'll have to see. I might bring some Chinette bowls and a Tupperware one and use what works.

I discovered that the 60's building is considered preferred. Even the far end (which is further than parts of the 70's and 50's.

I think Plan A might be to request the 70's or 50's building, and go from there. This would all be so much easier if I weren't Mrs. Picky Picky eater:upsidedow. No lactose (except I can take a lactaid tablet.. but it doesn't work well with milk for some reason, no pork, no shellfish (not kosher), no greasy fried food (too many points), no cheeseburgers (not kosher either), no green pepper (yuck), no bananas (I think I ate one too many as a child), no salty food (on a low salt diet for high blood pressure), and I don't like foods that are all sugary yet not chocolatey... so no frosting on my cake please!!. Point me to the fruits and veggies and I"m a happy camper. I do like to have my low fat sorbet or mint chocolate chip ice cream at the ice cream parlor in MK.

I discovered that the 60's building is considered preferred. Even the far end (which is further than parts of the 70's and 50's.

I do not think this is the case. I believe that parts of all three (50;s, 60's and 70's) are preferred. I had to look for a second, but I found the link that shows where the prefered rooms are.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17643531&postcount=2

So while 60's does have the most of any section, their back section facing the lake is not preferred.

I think preferred in this situation means how close it is to the food court/buses.

Mindy: I bet if you become super close best buddies with one of the cast members in the food court, that they would keep your milk in one of their fridges for you in the back. Never hurts to ask.

Mindy, I plan on requesting building 1 (50's). Part of it is not preferred and is close to the parking lot since we're driving. Last time we stayed in 50's, but building 2 which is a little further but still on the parking lot side.

I do not think this is the case. I believe that parts of all three (50;s, 60's and 70's) are preferred. I had to look for a second, but I found the link that shows where the prefered rooms are.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17643531&postcount=2

So while 60's does have the most of any section, their back section facing the lake is not preferred.

Thanks for the map. That's useful. The information I got was from another thread. The person was in the 60's building at the very end near the lake and that was considered preferred. She objected and they either moved her or refunded the premium up-charge. Don't recall which it was, but obviously she was on the inside courtyard of that area because its yellow.

See the little circle on the left side of the 70's building by the Big Wheel. We had that room facing it last time we stayed at Pop. The mousekeepers use that circle for the carts and wagons. we parked at the very tip of the 90's parking lot, but the walk to the main building was short and sweet. I might request that area again. It was also really shady.

Uhg. I just learned a valuable lesson in the difference between "10 days until our vacation" and "within 10 days of our vacation."

So all my timers, tickers, and countdowns say 10 DAYS! and I think "YES! Time for online check-in!" Yeah...no. Ok, I'll try at one minute past midnight tonight :rotfl:

Here's what I've been up to in order to maintain some level of sanity.

Fourth of July Festivities? Rained out :sad2: No worries, we went to...
DSC_0106.JPG

And had a great dinner!
DSC_0128.JPG

We did some silly sparkler/glow necklace stuff in our front yard (see no rain)
DSC_0137.JPG

My tribute to Mickey!!!
DSC_0171.JPG

Then a few days later I saw my brother off to his first deployment. The next day, he boarded the U.S.S. George W. Bush (aircraft carrier)
DSC_0231.JPG

DSC_0228.JPG

Cami tried to keep Uncle Kyle from finding his bags...
DSC_0226.JPG

On "14 days left" I packed all non-clothing, non-food items.
BUT... two days ago... I PACKED EVERYTHING! :lmao::rotfl2: (I'm talking 4 extra large loads of laundry, three boxes of Hefty Zipper Bags, and a very, very concerned DH :lmao: Here's the result...
DSC_0314.JPG

DSC_0316.JPG

Lastnight I FORCED the DH to "practice" holding two full bags (already packed of course) the stroller (which I rigged with a belt and two caribeiner clips to be carried over the shoulder, more specifically DH's shoulder), and Cameran. If you were a fly on the wall you would have heard me mumbling things like "ok, this will be us on the bus..." "this will be us after bag check...hurry... we won't get to Dumbo if we aren't faster..." :rotfl2:

Today I went to the bank and withdrew our tip and emergency money (and got plenty of quarters, $1's and $5's)

I'm still stewing over the 10 days within/ 10 days until fiasco. :rotfl:

I can't wait to read about how your trip goes!!!!

I love your packed bags (and your comment on them and your concerned dh :lmao:) The bags looked so organized. I might do that with my young dd's clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter