SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Are they doing the preferred sections first? We have preferred booked for mid-January and being in a refurbed room would be icing on the cake... our first stay at SSR (renting points before our cruise).
All we know is they are doing Congress Park first.

Are they doing the preferred sections first? We have preferred booked for mid-January and being in a refurbed room would be icing on the cake... our first stay at SSR (renting points before our cruise).
My guess is yes. Fingers crossed for you.

Which sections are preferred rooms again? We have that booked for December and would like to request a refurbed room (assuming they're doing preferred first).

Hi there. We have a one bedroom stay coming up for myself, my husband, our 19 year old DD and 13 year old DS. I am going to get a new air mattress to bring so each kid can have their own sleeping space. Is there room for a full size air mattress? Maybe in the entry way/foyer area? Or in the master bedroom? Or should I stick with a twin size?
Thanks for any input!

For my money, there isn't room for an air mattress of any size in the master bedroom. There may be room in the entryway as it's fairly spacious. There also may be room at the foot of the pull out sofa. Another alternative may be to move the table enough out of the way for the night and put an air mattress there. If you google Saratoga Springs room layout, you'll see some diagrams of a one bedroom . It doesn't give you dimensions, but you can see the relative size of the spaces.

Hi there. We have a one bedroom stay coming up for myself, my husband, our 19 year old DD and 13 year old DS. I am going to get a new air mattress to bring so each kid can have their own sleeping space. Is there room for a full size air mattress? Maybe in the entry way/foyer area? Or in the master bedroom? Or should I stick with a twin size?
Thanks for any input!
I also have two teenagers and in 2016 I bought a queen size mattress off of Amazon, I had it delivered directly to the resort. We blew that up and laid it directly on top of the pulled out sofa bed mattress. I brought an extra set of sheets to use on air mattress. The boys slept on that and we plan to do that again this year when we go. I had read reviews where the sofa beds were in bad shape so this helped. We weren't in our room a lot so we just left the bed down all the time instead of picking it up every day. With that bed pulled out there is not room for another mattress in the living room space. If you don't pull out the sofa bed, I think you might be able to squeeze in two fulls but it would be very tight. This really does it make difficult with teenagers, we struggle too.

I wish I could help but I’m very interested too! We’ll be doing a split stay between SSR and GF starting on the 11th. I have been working out on a Peloton bike and would love to continue the trend on vacation.

I just realized that you’re probably here at SSR by now, but I wanted to let you know that SSR unfortunately doesn’t have the Keiser spin bike that VGF has. The fitness center is nice otherwise. I actually ended up doing a lot of Peloton Tread workouts using the Peloton digital app. I really enjoyed them - and this is coming from someone who doesn’t particularly like running and has never run for more than 20 minutes on a treadmill. Have fun!

SSR Newbie!! 🖐

Hello all!

I have just had an offer accepted on a SSR DVC resale, this is literally one my biggest wishes ever coming true! We are now heading to ROFR and will then hopefully close in December 2019 after the sellers final reservation. We will have 200 points per year every February.

I am now looking for all the SSR TOP TIPS please! 🙌

I have spent years researching the DVC and I am super confident with the decision we have made and I am now so excited to discover more about all the happy times we are going to have at SSR so please hit me with your must dos, favourite locations and hidden treasures!

We love walking, golf, gym, spas, dining, shopping, having coffees, meals, drinks - we will be doing a mixture of family trips (step daughter is 12) and once she prefers holidaying with her friends elsewhere it will be romantic trips with my husband until hopefully, one day in the far future, we become grandparents!

I am so excited! I will look forward to finding out more from the experts here!

Thanks so much for anyones time 🙏

Lou x

SSR Newbie!! 🖐

Hello all!

I have just had an offer accepted on a SSR DVC resale, this is literally one my biggest wishes ever coming true! We are now heading to ROFR and will then hopefully close in December 2019 after the sellers final reservation. We will have 200 points per year every February.

I am now looking for all the SSR TOP TIPS please! 🙌

I have spent years researching the DVC and I am super confident with the decision we have made and I am now so excited to discover more about all the happy times we are going to have at SSR so please hit me with your must dos, favourite locations and hidden treasures!

We love walking, golf, gym, spas, dining, shopping, having coffees, meals, drinks - we will be doing a mixture of family trips (step daughter is 12) and once she prefers holidaying with her friends elsewhere it will be romantic trips with my husband until hopefully, one day in the far future, we become grandparents!

I am so excited! I will look forward to finding out more from the experts here!

Thanks so much for anyones time 🙏

Lou x
The Turf Club is a hidden gem. Food is always great, for the sit down restaurant. Some people like the quick service restaurant, some do not. The food that we have eaten there has been good. I think it should be bigger for the size of the resort, but I also understand that most of the rooms have full kitchens in them. There are 3 pool bars, 1 at the main pool, 1 at the Paddock pool and 1 at the Grandstand pool. The Paddock pool is basically a second main poll. It has a water slide. I can’t think of another Disney resort that has 2 water slides at 1 resort. AKL/V has 2 but there are 2 resorts there. You can easily walk to Disney Springs or take the boat or bus. DS basically gives SSR the largest selection of restaurants on site, since it so close.

I feel so nervous waiting on ROFR. I hope I hear this week so I can officially be a SSR owner (well, in a few weeks when closing and all happen!)
ROFR seems to take forever. I remember when we did it back in 2017. I think it took About 2 weeks, but it felt like 6 months. As soon as we got our information we booked a quick fall trip at SSR. Good luck

On tripadvisor - It was stated that the Grandstand Pool was recently closed for refurbishment. I had not seen this anywhere else? Can anyone provide an update? We arrive on Saturday and this could change my room request. Thank you.

On tripadvisor - It was stated that the Grandstand Pool was recently closed for refurbishment. I had not seen this anywhere else? Can anyone provide an update? We arrive on Saturday and this could change my room request. Thank you.

I just got back from a stay at the Grandstand last week. The kiddie area water play area is closed, but the main Grandstand pool is open. We checked out on Friday 7/12 (miss it already lol).

The Turf Club is a hidden gem. Food is always great, for the sit down restaurant. Some people like the quick service restaurant, some do not. The food that we have eaten there has been good. I think it should be bigger for the size of the resort, but I also understand that most of the rooms have full kitchens in them. There are 3 pool bars, 1 at the main pool, 1 at the Paddock pool and 1 at the Grandstand pool. The Paddock pool is basically a second main poll. It has a water slide. I can’t think of another Disney resort that has 2 water slides at 1 resort. AKL/V has 2 but there are 2 resorts there. You can easily walk to Disney Springs or take the boat or bus. DS basically gives SSR the largest selection of restaurants on site, since it so close.

Thank you so much for your reply and top tips!

Hi, don't know if I may have missed an answer on this somewhere, but is anything known about what the refurbished Treehouses will look like? Are there any photos yet of a prototype? Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone, My wife and I just started the process of buying DVC resale. We have an accepted offer on SSR for 100 points. I am hoping this is enough for 1-bedroom every other year to at least start. We have a 14 month old daughter. I can wait for her first trip to Disney. We are both really excited to getting into DVC. Just hoping ROFR goes good. Hope to have our first stay either End Jan/Feb of next year.

How long is the refreb supposed to take?

The refurbishment will take around 2 years. There are no pictures of finished rooms since they just started. There were some pics of sample test rooms. Good luck with ROFR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter