SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I really wonder if they are getting refurbed. Maybe just freshened up if anything? They opened after the main resort so might not be on the same schedule. I do not think DVC announced anything specifically about them but I may have missed it.
I'd prefer that they leave them pretty much the way they are. If they remove or drastically tone down the theming, as they have done for the other resorts that have been refurbed in recent years, then for me that would ruin what made it special.

I really wonder if they are getting refurbed. Maybe just freshened up if anything? They opened after the main resort so might not be on the same schedule. I do not think DVC announced anything specifically about them but I may have missed it.
SSR is getting a full refurb! There are pictures somewhere on this site (although I can't remember where). Couch will be a couch/murphy bed. New floors, etc.

SSR is getting a full refurb! There are pictures somewhere on this site (although I can't remember where). Couch will be a couch/murphy bed. New floors, etc.
We were talking specifically about the Treehouses. Are those also getting a full refurb?

It's been a while since I posted. I swear I read somewhere that 2 bedrooms sleep 9 (+ infant) and I was so excited I wouldn't have to book elsewhere for our trip in Dec 2020. Now, I'm not finding that. Was I mistaken? (Golly I hope not)

It's been a while since I posted. I swear I read somewhere that 2 bedrooms sleep 9 (+ infant) and I was so excited I wouldn't have to book elsewhere for our trip in Dec 2020. Now, I'm not finding that. Was I mistaken? (Golly I hope not)
SSR 2 bedroom is 8. 1 bedrooms is 5, but you have to provide bed and linens a towels. So it should be 9, but who knows.

There's only beds for 8 in a 2 bedroom (1 king, 2 queens, and a sleeper sofa that sleeps 2). I think DVC members are allowed a 9th person, but you have to provide your own sleeping surface and bedding. I'm not sure if they allow a 9th person for regular non-DVC rentals. There are some other resorts that have actual sleeping surfaces for 9 in the 2 bedroom villas. Old Key West is one of them. Also, the Treehouse Villas at SSR can sleep 9.

Whether I get the same answer in January (when it's time for me to book) or not, remains to be seen.
Screenshot_20190804-115728.png

From my understanding is any child under 3 does not count to the total of the room. The 2 bedroom sleeps 8 but can hold a 9th. This is on the website.

From my understanding is any child under 3 does not count to the total of the room. The 2 bedroom sleeps 8 but can hold a 9th. This is on the website.

I was always under the impression that if doing the "extra" person in a villa that it takes up the under 3 spot. Ie, you could do 8 plus an infant or else 9 of any age in those 2 BR's that otherwise have sleeping spots for 8 but allow you to book 9. But once you add that 9th then you lose the infant spot.

I was always under the impression that if doing the "extra" person in a villa that it takes up the under 3 spot. Ie, you could do 8 plus an infant or else 9 of any age in those 2 BR's that otherwise have sleeping spots for 8 but allow you to book 9. But once you add that 9th then you lose the infant spot.

I wondering the same thing and everything online was telling me that under 3 doesnt count towards total in the room.

https://dvcreservations.com/dvc-occupancy.php

I wondering the same thing and everything online was telling me that under 3 doesnt count towards total in the room.

https://dvcreservations.com/dvc-occupancy.php

It actually is only for 1 infant. If you have twins? You have to use at least one occupancy for one of them. That's why I'm fairly certain that the locations that allow an extra of any age tops off at that number. ie, 5 for a 1BR or 9 for a 2BR. The difference is that it isn't just an infant that doesn't count but instead any age doesn't count as the occupancy really still remains at 4 or 8 and it's a plus 1.

I can confirm that if you have 2 under 3, one counts towards occupancy (last trip I had a 6 month old and a 2 (almost 3) year old.

That's precisely what I thought and why I am hesitantly hopeful with that answer

That's precisely what I thought and why I am hesitantly hopeful with that answer

It used to be very easy to verify with the online booking tool and I tried to see but it doesn't seem to screen out any rooms anymore based on the number of occupants you put in. Just doing a search for 9+1 was showing me studios! It never used to do that. If I were you I'd be prepared for something different or try a test booking for a 2BR that is within the current 11 month window. I saw what you were quoted but if the CM can't book it in the system then no matter what the info they won't be able to book it.

I'm relatively new to this (only booked one vacation on my points so far). If I book a 2 bedroom for a night or two 11 months out, it will be fine since it is in my use year and when I cancel it, I can still bank those points for my 2020 trip, right?

I'm relatively new to this (only booked one vacation on my points so far). If I book a 2 bedroom for a night or two 11 months out, it will be fine since it is in my use year and when I cancel it, I can still bank those points for my 2020 trip, right?

Yes. As long as you are not borrowing points for the reservation then the points will be returned in the status they were when you booked. So current points will be returned as current points and you'll still be able to bank them.

Yes. As long as you are not borrowing points for the reservation then the points will be returned in the status they were when you booked. So current points will be returned as current points and you'll still be able to bank them.
Great! I'm going to give it a shot now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter