Spring/Spring Advantage 2011 :)

My top 3 were BBB, attractions, and recreation. I also applied for merchandise and vacation planner. However, my interviewer also asked if I'd be willing to do QSFB or lifeguarding (I have all my certifications and have been doing it for 5 years). The only reason I didn't select lifeguarding was because I wanted to try something new! Anyway, is it bad she asked if I could do additional roles? Does that mean she didn't think I was a strong enough candidate for the ones I picked or is it common? It made me kinda nervous.

Usually, they often ask people who don't put down QSFB if they'd be willing to do it, since they need SO many people to fill those spots and not many people are too excited about it. So don't stress! It doesn't really reflect your interview. Usually if there's a role that you didn't check off that's really similar to a job you've had in the past (merchandise, FSFB, or in your case, lifeguarding), they'll often ask you if you want to put that down, just to make sure.

So pretty much, they're trying to increase your chances, but not because you weren't strong enough. They do it for almost everyone who doesn't pick a lot of the larger roles like QSFB, so don't worry!

i need a roommate with the same arrival and departure dates as me.

i'm lexie mankin :]

got accepted into merchandise for spring advantage 2011
i leave january 26th- august 12th

pm me or find me on facebook

Ok so I did the web interview Thursday afternoon, and it told me to call and set up an interview with in the next 72 hours. So I called and they said that Disney casting was available until 5 or 5:30 Eastern time Monday - Friday. Well today I wind up spending all day sick at the Dr. office. So I didn't get to call. So my 3 days are up on Sunday afternoon? What can I do? Do I need to call tomorrow anyway? What happens if I can't get in touch with them until Monday?

TIA

Just got accepted last night for main entrance operations!! I interviewed on the 23rd and am arriving on Jan. 10th. So excited!!! :banana:

Any alumni that have done MEO feel free to clue me in!

Just finished my interview. Jennifer. Really nice! Too bad my nerves didn't seem to let go until 2/3 of the way through the call. I thought I'd prepared, yet the butterflies still came when the call started. Still think I finished well. I want to do this so badly that I'll be crushed if I blew it because of a fleeting case of the jitters (especially since those jitters were partly caused by how badly I want this.)

My three preferences were Transportation, Main Entrance Operations, and Photopass. Got asked questions at least somewhat related to all three, but most specifically I got asked about the latter two. Got asked about QSFB also; gave a fairly mixed response. (It's not my preference, and I don't think it's a great match for my skills, but if asked I'd do it).

All that's left to do now is wait and hope for the best!

Just got accepted last night for main entrance operations!! I interviewed on the 23rd and am arriving on Jan. 10th. So excited!!! :banana:

Any alumni that have done MEO feel free to clue me in!

Hooray for 1/10 main entrance ops!

Just finished my interview. Jennifer. Really nice! Too bad my nerves didn't seem to let go until 2/3 of the way through the call. I thought I'd prepared, yet the butterflies still came when the call started. Still think I finished well. I want to do this so badly that I'll be crushed if I blew it because of a fleeting case of the jitters (especially since those jitters were partly caused by how badly I want this.)

My three preferences were Transportation, Main Entrance Operations, and Photopass. Got asked questions at least somewhat related to all three, but most specifically I got asked about the latter two. Got asked about QSFB also; gave a fairly mixed response. (It's not my preference, and I don't think it's a great match for my skills, but if asked I'd do it).

All that's left to do now is wait and hope for the best!

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I felt like I sounded like crazy nervous nutjob for most of my interview, but I got accepted! And for one of my top 3 choices! I'm sure you'll be fine!

I'm so excited for you guys! The more I read about you getting accepted the more tempted I am to apply for Spring 2011 instead of Fall 2011..... I'm just so unsure now! :(

Ok so I did the web interview Thursday afternoon, and it told me to call and set up an interview with in the next 72 hours. So I called and they said that Disney casting was available until 5 or 5:30 Eastern time Monday - Friday. Well today I wind up spending all day sick at the Dr. office. So I didn't get to call. So my 3 days are up on Sunday afternoon? What can I do? Do I need to call tomorrow anyway? What happens if I can't get in touch with them until Monday?

TIA

Nobody has answered my question yet, so I just thought I'd bump it! Does anyone know what I should do?

Nobody has answered my question yet, so I just thought I'd bump it! Does anyone know what I should do?

Always call ASAP! There is no point in not calling since if you call and it does end up being too late all they'll do is tell you no. Nothing ventured equals nothing gained. In short, CALL!!!

I know they say this, but I found them to be understanding. I had scheduled my interview and then got really sick. I called them the day my interview was supposed to be and they were really great about working with me to find a better time and give me enough time to get better before the interview.

I interviewed and was accepted on two different saturdays, so even though the office may be closed, people are apparently there? Call them and just explain everything. Good luck!!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely try calling tomorrow and if nobody answers I'll call and explain early Monday morning . So they will know I'm serious! I hope me being sick Yesterday and today doesn't mess up my chances :guilty:

Did my interview and got a letter about a week after saying I was "pending" - I'm waiting on getting my Restricted Rehire Status lifted since I left my last program about 2 weeks early. Just an update as to where I am! Is anyone else trying to lift a Restricted or No Rehire Status as well?

Hey guys, I have another question... If you get accepted, how long do you have to either accept or reject? This is something that could really make a difference on whether I can do it or not- I signed the lease for a house with some friends so I'd have to find someone to sublet my room for the semester and the longer I have to do that, the better the chance of finding someone!

Hey guys, I have another question... If you get accepted, how long do you have to either accept or reject? This is something that could really make a difference on whether I can do it or not- I signed the lease for a house with some friends so I'd have to find someone to sublet my room for the semester and the longer I have to do that, the better the chance of finding someone!

I think you have two weeks to accept. I got accepted on the 7th and had until the 20th.

Also, you can go ahead and accept and later, if you can't find anyone to sublet your room, you can cancel. It won't affect your status with the company, you'll just lose the $100 fee you pay when you accept. I know losing that money probably wouldn't be fun, but you just have to decide for yourself if it's worth it or not.

Did my interview and got a letter about a week after saying I was "pending" - I'm waiting on getting my Restricted Rehire Status lifted since I left my last program about 2 weeks early. Just an update as to where I am! Is anyone else trying to lift a Restricted or No Rehire Status as well?

I LOVE your face paint.

I got accepted to Custodial today and I'm very excited! I've heard I'll be working mostly independently, which is great because I work best without managers breathing down my neck. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter