• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Spring/Spring Advantage 2011 :)

Some people are pending just as a "wait list" and will get in depending on what spots they need to fill.

People who were pended did well enough to not be immediately declined.

Since I am 100% sure that I didn't have anything else cause me to be pending, I'm assuming this is it. Good to know! Thank you for your prompt reply!

^ Did you get the "It's been the 2-3 weeks, we're still deciding, so now we're going to tell you in a month and half?" Yeah, got that too. My mom was quite happy, proud that I was past another cut round, but I was upset because I really wanted to know. Finally, they called me and let me know that I was offered a spot, but my role was TBD. I literally decided to do it not knowing what I was going to get, and ended up with Vacation Planning, a role I had added during my phone interview because they said they had a need for it.

This happened to a few of my other friends in the program, but I'm sure there are people who had this happen and then didn't get in. So, you never know, but there's probably a good chance you'll get it. Just keep your fingers crossed! :)

has anyone gotten their folder yet? I still haven't gotten mine.. I got the acceptance email last tuesday.. (the 7th).

I got my acceptance letter around that time but I still haven't gotten the folder either.
I really want mine!

i need a roommate with the same arrival and departure dates as me.

i'm lexie mankin :]

got accepted into merchandise for spring advantage 2011
i leave january 26th- august 12th

pm me or find me on facebook

Hey lexie! :)
my name is marina & I will also have the same arrival & departure date. I also got accepted into merchandise. Are you still looking for a roomate? I am!

When do I find out where I'll be working? I know I am QSFB for Spring Adv 2011 but I thought that I'd get some indication of where I ight be working by now. Does it remain a mystery until check in?

When do I find out where I'll be working? I know I am QSFB for Spring Adv 2011 but I thought that I'd get some indication of where I ight be working by now. Does it remain a mystery until check in?

Yeah, you traditionally won't find out until you get there. Unless you get someone who is a current Cast Member to look up your work location, which is a bit frowned upon.

Hey guys. So, I interviewed about a week and a half ago and yesterday morning received a congratulatory email saying I was accepted into the program (yay!). Normally, I would be super pumped about this and ready to accept immediately, however the position I was offered was as a lifeguard. Backtracking a little bit, I didn't initially select lifeguard as one of my roles, but my interviewer asked if I would do it since I'm experienced and have been a lifeguard for the past 5 years. So of course, not wanting to seem disagreeable or anything I said sure.

It just kinda stinks because I've been really wanting to do this program for so long but there are so many negative things going against it for me at this point in time. First of all, if I've lifeguarded for so long; it wouldn't make sense to leave college for a semester to go do a job I've been doing for years instead of trying something new (also, lifeguarding isn't really applicable to my future career). Second, if I miss a semester at school there's a chance I'd have to stay an extra semester. Also, I signed a lease for my house- I'd have to find a subletter for a semester and I'd have less than 2 weeks to do it in since the decision needs to be made fairly quickly.

Also, my parents are really not behind it and a lot of my friends aren't either. I think that's the worst part. I've been so excited during this whole process and pumped for the opportunity to try this program, but no one is supporting me. They all think it's a waste of time. My parents didn't even say congratulations when I told them I got in, they were just like "oh". First thing out of my best friend's mouth was that I shouldn't do it.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just really confused right now about what I want and feeling kind of hurt. So what do you guys think?

I'm sorry noone is supporting you in this. My parents aren't very into it either. They worry about money and such. It doesn't apply to my long-term goals and I'm mainly doing it for a new and hopefully fun experience. My boyfriend won't tell me not to go, but I know he's worried about me being so far away. All my friends are excited about it, but it only takes a couple of people whose opinions are important to you to bring your excitement down.
I'm going in January anyway.
When I interviewed, she noted that I had a lot of restaurant experience. I told her as politely as I could that while I do have a lot of experience in that area, that would be my last choice. (I could stay in Ohio and do that, basically) She said she marked it down that that would be my choice if that was the ONLY way they'd accept me.
I was accepted into attractions and plan to audition for performer. Maybe you could audition to be a character...would that role be more attractive to you?
But bottom line, do what you feel is best. If staying an extra semester in school and being in a lifeguard role are major problems for you, maybe apply again later and hope for a more appealing role or wait until after you graduate. (I'm a recent grad myself) Just don't let people ruin something for you. And don't go if you think you'll be miserable. If you want to do this, for whatever reason, I would. I am.
:hug:

Thanks Jen! That was really helpful, I appreciate it. Right now I'm leaning more towards going because what if I don't ever get this opportunity again? It could open doors for a professional internship and maybe potentially a job in the future. Plus it's something I've really wanted to do for a long time. So I think I'm gonna try to make it work. 2 questions though; someone mentioned that when you accept you pay a $100 deposit and you can still cancel after that, you'd just lose the deposit... how long is that period in which you can still cancel? Are there any other committments at that point or just money? I'm thinking like just in case I can't get a subletter and have to cancel, I'd rather lose $100 than have to pay double rent for the semester. And question 2... I know some people have applied for both the PI and CP in hopes that if they don't get into the PI they could still do the CP... I've already been accepted into the CP but could I still apply for the PI? Just curious.

Phone interview tomorrow morning! Ahhhhhhhh!!! I will not be sleeping tonight.

I just got my accepted email!! I was scared to post on here before because I didn't want to get my hopes up. It was perfect timing for me to get the email because two emails before that one was from my teacher telling me that she miss calculated my test grade and is now 8 points lower.

I just got my accepted email!! I was scared to post on here before because I didn't want to get my hopes up. It was perfect timing for me to get the email because two emails before that one was from my teacher telling me that she miss calculated my test grade and is now 8 points lower.

congrats!:thumbsup2 hopefully I will see you there!

What role?

Hi everyone!

I just applied for the DCP!! I have been mulling it over in my head for lots of reasons for a LONG time and now I finally decided to apply. I have to schedule my phone interview in the morning but I just had a quick question. For the roles you checked off on your role checklist, does the interviewer you speak to on the phone ask you which one is your top choice? I'm assuming they do!

Hi everyone!

I just applied for the DCP!! I have been mulling it over in my head for lots of reasons for a LONG time and now I finally decided to apply. I have to schedule my phone interview in the morning but I just had a quick question. For the roles you checked off on your role checklist, does the interviewer you speak to on the phone ask you which one is your top choice? I'm assuming they do!

Yep, they will ask for your top 3 or 4 choices, usually. Then the questions that follow will pertain to those roles and will give them an idea of which ones you're best suited for. Some can be tricky, so make sure you study up on the duties of each role you plan on telling him/her you want. It's a good idea to have the checklist in front of you as a cheat sheet, kind of. I got asked, "What do you think the responsibilities of a concierge are?" and I had no idea. So I told her I had no idea, and we moved onto another choice. haha. But it was embarrassing. Save yourself.

Cool. You'll learn how to make animals out of all your towels for when you get back home next Summer.

My name is Mark, I just recently got accepted to be in the Disney cp for spring 2011 this past saturday. I will be in quick service food and beverage. Also looking forward to meeting some people down there in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter