spring 2009

I'm halfway to Orlando now (Montgomery). I just missed a major winter storm. I left in sub-zero windchill, snow, low-visibility at 6:30am, only to find myself in bright blue, sunny skies and 70-ish temps by lunchtime. UNREAL!

Anyhow, my amazing roommate from my CP, and our adopted roommate(my roommate as of tomorrow)...in short: 2 of my VERY best friends... have reserved park passes for me and made reservations to treat me to Le Cellier tomorrow!

I hope that you all find friends who are as wonderful as they are while on your CP! I can't imagine my life without them!

Anyhow, I look forward to meeting many of you soon! Safe travels, arrivals, and training...

That's great Nell! Good luck with the interview!:thumbsup2

OMG, I can't believe I am actually sitting in my new apartment in Orlando checking this board! :upsidedow

Check-in went super smooth this morning...I even won a CP t-shirt. :) I was amazed to find out that my roommate and I were able to get a one-bedroom apartment in the complex we wanted. I would definitely suggest arriving around 8:30am for check-in. We had a little line to wait in, but there was still a lot of choices, when it came to picking apartments. Now all I have to do is find out where I'm going to be working! :goodvibes

OMG, I can't believe I am actually sitting in my new apartment in Orlando checking this board! :upsidedow

Check-in went super smooth this morning...I even won a CP t-shirt. :) I was amazed to find out that my roommate and I were able to get a one-bedroom apartment in the complex we wanted. I would definitely suggest arriving around 8:30am for check-in. We had a little line to wait in, but there was still a lot of choices, when it came to picking apartments. Now all I have to do is find out where I'm going to be working! :goodvibes

That's great! What complex are you at?

As someone who is arriving in a few weeks, I have to ask how do you win a CP tshirt?

I am sooooo jealous! I don't check in till the 26th. :guilty: I really want to be there, but I pushed off my arrival date so I could go with my college band to march in the 2009 Presidential Inaugural Parade! We leave on Sunday, then I come back, have a 3 days to pack, and then leave for Orlando!

I am sooooo jealous! I don't check in till the 26th. :guilty: I really want to be there, but I pushed off my arrival date so I could go with my college band to march in the 2009 Presidential Inaugural Parade! We leave on Sunday, then I come back, have a 3 days to pack, and then leave for Orlando!

Have fun in DC...I'm jealous that you get to be there for the inauguration! :)

Trust me! That was an amazing decision--true history! I wish I could be there...

Anyhow, I'm safe in sound, living in the living room of my Orlando apartment. My apartment is practically on property...AMAZING!

I hope all of you CP's have a great time and are loving the experience so far. It's overwhelming in the beginning, but wonderful. I am sooo jealous of all of you who are starting now. My F/T interview is tomorrow, but I've been informed that the hiring freeze is still on and that until they get word from the top, they can't fill the open positions they have--apparently quite a few! I'm truly hoping for a little Disney magic now, or Orlando may become quite depressing for me...:scared:

My dad and I drive down next Tuesday and I check in next Wednesday!! :woohoo:

So I hear recommendations to get there by 8:30am to check in?? I thought check in was later? :confused3

My dad and I drive down next Tuesday and I check in next Wednesday!! :woohoo:

So I hear recommendations to get there by 8:30am to check in?? I thought check in was later? :confused3

Check-in officially starts at 9 am. But you can get in at 8am.

it's been a while since i posted on this topic:) Glad to hear everyone seems to be loving their apartments and that check-ins have gone smoothly:)

I have my internship class at my school today... 1st one, so basically it's thhe syllabus and such... then i'm home free! I'm about 1/2 way packed so i'm cominghome after school and im going to try finishing up my packing and then im going to start loading up my car:)

I leave at 6am with my mom friday morning!!! So long frozen tundra of Minnesota!! We're going to drive to Nashville area and spend the night on friday night and then we hope to finish out in orlando (or at least northern florida) by Saturday!

Then I check in on Wednesday!!!!

Safe travels to everyone:) I can't wait to meet all of you!!

Have fun in DC...I'm jealous that you get to be there for the inauguration! :)
Thanks! At the same time, I really just wanna get to Disney. I know after the inauguration is over, I will mostly likely feel different....

Trust me! That was an amazing decision--true history! I wish I could be there...

I am pretty confident I made the right decision. I am just nervous that because I pushed my date off that my chances of getting the Apt. I want are less and that the jobs that I want in Attractions will be gone. I kinda had my heart set on a spiel ride, but I don't know if that will happen now....

Thanks! At the same time, I really just wanna get to Disney. I know after the inauguration is over, I will mostly likely feel different....

I am pretty confident I made the right decision. I am just nervous that because I pushed my date off that my chances of getting the Apt. I want are less and that the jobs that I want in Attractions will be gone. I kinda had my heart set on a spiel ride, but I don't know if that will happen now....

I wouldn't worry about it:) I could be wrong, and please correct me if I am, but I'm assuming that the chances of you getting the apartment you want are still decent because if you think about it, there are various check out dates, just like there are various check in dates... therefore, there are always people leaving from all different kinds of apartments and so it should make the chances of getting one you want still good.

I'd just keep an open mind about things:) There are positive and negative things about each work location or each apartment complex, etc but if you focus on the positive, the chances of you enjoying your time are much much higher:)

Good luck getting what you want:)

I wouldn't worry about it:) I could be wrong, and please correct me if I am, but I'm assuming that the chances of you getting the apartment you want are still decent because if you think about it, there are various check out dates, just like there are various check in dates... therefore, there are always people leaving from all different kinds of apartments and so it should make the chances of getting one you want still good.

I'd just keep an open mind about things:) There are positive and negative things about each work location or each apartment complex, etc but if you focus on the positive, the chances of you enjoying your time are much much higher:)

Good luck getting what you want:)

Thanks! Above all, I am just happy to be going down there!

WDWCP just sent the following email:

We have received inquiries from students requesting to move their Disney College Program start date from the Spring Program to the Fall (Aug.-Jan.) or Fall Advantage (May-Jan.) Program.

We are excited to announce that we're accommodating this request, which may also include opportunities to change your role!

If you are interested in changing your program dates, please reply to this e-mail and include:

Your full name
The last four digits of your Social Security number
Your desired role (only necessary if you would like to be considered for a different role for the Fall or Fall Advantage Program)

If you would like to remain a part of the Disney College Program for the Spring Program, no further action is required.

We look forward to seeing you at your arrival!

Disney College Recruiting
wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter