SpinDisc's Ultimate PJ (Proposal - pg 1, Wedding - pg 16)

Hey Everyone,

So I just talked to someone that I work with (we're both event planners), and he mentioned that his daughter is a CM at MK!! WHAT?! How did I not know this before?! So I told him my plan, and he had a huge grin and said he'll call her to arrange something. He also started telling me that he's also a part of a Disney family! How great is this?! :hyper:

Sorry, I'm on a little anticipatory high right now! :) As many of you have mentioned, I'm only 4 days away. I have been super antsy today, constantly checking DIS and looking at the clock, hoping the day is over. Why won't Sunday come sooner?

And :thanks: to Chilly, Tink, & Jules for the kind words! I'm glad everyone seems to like the ring and t-shirt!

:hyper: :love: :scared1: 4 DAYS!!!:scared1: :love: :hyper:

I'm so excited for you! i can't wait to hear all about it! the t-shirts are great! DF proposed on our first night and the entire trip we were wishing we had something like "just engaged" or something of the sort! So good thinking :thumbsup2 Congrats again!!!

The ring is beautiful and the shirt is such a cute idea. I'm sure you GF will love everything! Great news about the coworker's daughter being a CM at Magic Kingdom; hopefully she can help you coordinate some extra Disney magic!

Hahaha! Yeah, she'd probably love that. :-) After I ask her, I'm gonna tell her all about the boards, and hopefully get her to sign-up on here too. ::yes:: Then everyone on her can convince her to have one...good luck convincing whoever is gonna pay for this too :rotfl2:

I know there are plenty of people on here that know the tricks of having a disney wedding on a budget. Bring her over, we can convert her. :stir: :laughing:

I love love love that ring, and that shirt is really neat. I'm living vicariously thru you and your GF, because I didn't get a proposal. I'm expecting a report when you get back. :rotfl:

GL only 4 days to go. :goodvibes

It all sounds very romantic! The ring is beautiful and the t-shirts are adorable and thoughtful.

Just remember NOT to check the ring in your baggage! I know people who have had expensive things stolen out of their checked luggage.

GOOD LUCK!

First of all, I am so excited for you and I dont even know you!! I know it will all work perfectly.

Second the ring is amazing and the t-shirt idea is awesome. I never thought about having a t-shirt made..I need to make a few hints I see :hyper:

Just make sure you post pictures and let us know how it all went once you get back.

Thanks eveyone!

DisneyVeteran, I'm from Tinley Park (southwest of Chicago). Too bad you won't be around on the 15th..but I'll update everyone after it happens.:hyper:

As a Tinley Park DisBride - I hope this works out for you! The proposal idea that is, I can't imagine any girl saying no to a guy that loves her enough to plan the perfect proposal! Does this mean you're going to plan the perfect Diswedding too? There are already 2 Tinley Park Disney Weddings in the future, why not make it a third?!!?! I think your idea is wonderful and can't wait to hear all the details! The ring is beautiful and the shirts are adorable!

I'm so excited for you! i can't wait to hear all about it! the t-shirts are great! DF proposed on our first night and the entire trip we were wishing we had something like "just engaged" or something of the sort! So good thinking :thumbsup2 Congrats again!!!

disneygal - I can understand why he'd want to propose on the first day..because then you get to enjoy the whole trip being engaged (and not worrying about hiding a ring). So it's convenient that her b-day is the 2nd day of the trip! ::yes:: And I can't take full credit for the t-shirt idea..I stole that part from a Disney proposal I saw on youtube (here's the link).

The ring is beautiful and the shirt is such a cute idea. I'm sure you GF will love everything! Great news about the coworker's daughter being a CM at Magic Kingdom; hopefully she can help you coordinate some extra Disney magic!

Thanks, figmentfan! I'll try and let you guys know if my coworker's daughter can actually help - that'll be MY Disney wish! :)

I know there are plenty of people on here that know the tricks of having a disney wedding on a budget. Bring her over, we can convert her. :stir: :laughing:

I love love love that ring, and that shirt is really neat. I'm living vicariously thru you and your GF, because I didn't get a proposal. I'm expecting a report when you get back. :rotfl:

GL only 4 days to go. :goodvibes

PrincessBride, I can't wait to introduce her to the DIS. Although she may become a little more hooked than me (I'm mostly on the Wedding/Honeymoon boards & the DCL board). And of course you'll get a full report :thumbsup2

It all sounds very romantic! The ring is beautiful and the t-shirts are adorable and thoughtful.

Just remember NOT to check the ring in your baggage! I know people who have had expensive things stolen out of their checked luggage.

GOOD LUCK!

Good call on the ring, PixyDusted! But I'm soo over cautious about this thing (it's sitting in a fireproof safe right now) that I won't let it out of my sight or grasp...just need to make sure it's hidden from her :scratchin

First of all, I am so excited for you and I dont even know you!! I know it will all work perfectly.

Second the ring is amazing and the t-shirt idea is awesome. I never thought about having a t-shirt made..I need to make a few hints I see :hyper:

Just make sure you post pictures and let us know how it all went once you get back.

Thanks, Manda! Yes, make all the hints you want. And if you (or anyone on this board/thread) need ideas for an engagement/wedding/event, let me know. I'm a busy guy, but I love coming up with ideas to make people feel special or to make life exciting. ::yes::

As a Tinley Park DisBride - I hope this works out for you! The proposal idea that is, I can't imagine any girl saying no to a guy that loves her enough to plan the perfect proposal! Does this mean you're going to plan the perfect Diswedding too? There are already 2 Tinley Park Disney Weddings in the future, why not make it a third?!!?! I think your idea is wonderful and can't wait to hear all the details! The ring is beautiful and the shirts are adorable!

imnotaprincess - I cannot believe the number of TP DIS'ers! Congrats on your upcoming wedding, and thanks for the well wishes. And who knows about a 3rd TP DFTW...three times the charm!

Thank you to everyone who keeps posting. Having things to read (including others PJ's, TR's & questions) helps my days go by much quicker. Speaking of which, I need to get some sleep.

G'nite!

I can't wait to see how it all works out for you!!!! I got engaged at the World too. Those shirts are so great! I hope my DF was as excited as you are before he proposed! You can leave the ring in the box in your pocket when you go through security at the airport. Just make sure there is nothing else in that pocket. That's how my DF got it to Orlando. Good Luck and make sure you have someone to take pics to show us! ;)

I agree with IndyBride! Keep the ring in the box and put it in your pocket! That is what my DF did too! had no problems getting through at Midway (don't know where you are flying out of) However, he had cargo shorts on and the box kept making is his pocket look all funky and i was getting annoyed with it and when i went to fix it he jumped a mile high which i thought was wierd.... anywho, my advice is, keep other things in the pocket too so if she gets suspicious or goes to fix your pocket, you can pull something else random out... like a cell phone or wallet or something! :thumbsup2 oh and throughout the day, DF kept moving it from pocket to pocket so i wouldn't see it or anything. he figured that i was suspicious since he jumped when i went to fix his cargo pocket. at one point i literally thought it was my imagination that he had something he didn't want me to see!!

I can't wait to see how it all works out for you!!!! I got engaged at the World too. Those shirts are so great! I hope my DF was as excited as you are before he proposed! You can leave the ring in the box in your pocket when you go through security at the airport. Just make sure there is nothing else in that pocket. That's how my DF got it to Orlando. Good Luck and make sure you have someone to take pics to show us! ;)

IndyBride, I'm sure your DF was just as excited before proposing to you (he's a smart man, of course, since he proposed at the World :)). Good call about the ring in the pocket - and of course I'll post pics afterwards!

I agree with IndyBride! Keep the ring in the box and put it in your pocket! That is what my DF did too! had no problems getting through at Midway (don't know where you are flying out of) However, he had cargo shorts on and the box kept making is his pocket look all funky and i was getting annoyed with it and when i went to fix it he jumped a mile high which i thought was wierd.... anywho, my advice is, keep other things in the pocket too so if she gets suspicious or goes to fix your pocket, you can pull something else random out... like a cell phone or wallet or something! :thumbsup2 oh and throughout the day, DF kept moving it from pocket to pocket so i wouldn't see it or anything. he figured that i was suspicious since he jumped when i went to fix his cargo pocket. at one point i literally thought it was my imagination that he had something he didn't want me to see!!

Again, good idea disneygal! :thumbsup2 We're flying out of Midway, too! I'm gonna try the cargo shorts idea tonight (to see if the box is really noticable). If not, then I'll do that idea. If it is noticable, I might ask my bro or sis to put the ring in their carry-on, and have them at the end of the line going through security (or go in a different line). That way, she won't know if I have it or not. And if I do put it in a cargo pocket, I'll switch it to my carry-on when she goes to the bathroom (then it also won't be digging into my leg the whole plane ride).

--------------------

There's one thing, though, that I haven'y really thought about till just last night. I have NO idea what I'm going to say to her!! :scared1: Like, I know I need to say "will you marry me?" but I'm not sure what I'm gonna say before that. Also, I'm not sure I'll have time to say anything, or if she'll even be able to hear me. I've come up with something along the lines of "i wished upon a star, hoping both our dreams would come true today. will you marry me?"

Cheesy? ::yes:: Any better ideas?

I cannot wait to hear/see this!!! I am so excited for you (and I don't even know you!). Congrats though on being such a romantic guy and going this for the woman you love!

My DF carried the ring in his pocket for three days in the park waiting for the "perfect" time. Anytime I went anywhere NEAR the pocket he slapped my hand away. I had an inkling on what was coming so I thought it was funny!

--------------------

There's one thing, though, that I haven'y really thought about till just last night. I have NO idea what I'm going to say to her!! :scared1: Like, I know I need to say "will you marry me?" but I'm not sure what I'm gonna say before that. Also, I'm not sure I'll have time to say anything, or if she'll even be able to hear me. I've come up with something along the lines of "i wished upon a star, hoping both our dreams would come true today. will you marry me?"

I don't think you can be too cheesy for a marriage proposal! ;) Just make it better than "here, this is for you!"

--------------------

Oh, my goodness! You made me cry. What a beautiful thing to think of. I really hope everything goes perfectly for you. You deserve this to be the most special moment of your life so far. And believe me, she will remember it forever. I will never forget having my DH declare his love for me and ask me to marry him. Unfortunately, my response was "Are you sure you want me?" and my now-DH has spent the last 24years of our lives together showing me constantly that he was sure and that he still wants me. I WISH that undying forever devotion and more for you and your love! pixiedust:

I work at Disneyland, which in no way makes me an expert on proposals, but if you tell a cast member - especially a female one, not to be sexest - they will definitely be happy to help you to get everyone to sing. The most excitement we usually get is having someone threaten to sue Disneyland because someone jumped in front of them in line.

There are no engagement buttons, but you might be able to score a couple of j"ust married" buttons and have a cast member cross out married and write engaged. . . or not.

At Disneyland, in order to get a place right in front of the castle for fireworks you have to get there at least an hour early, but I usually suggest right after the parade. Ask a CM for their opinion.

Also, if you see a CM with an earpiece, that's a lead -manager- and that would be the person to talk to if you want to try to get a photo in front of the castle before the fireworks without other guests in the way. If you ask just after they clear out the area in front of the castle you'd have the best chance. They can't allow people to wander around where they might get hit with a firework, so it's pretty rare to get someone to allow this, but for an engagement you might have better luck.

It sounds like you have a great plan and good luck.

About the wording - what you have is perfect. But for the sake of offering a choice: you might also think of quoting her favorite Disney movie. i.e. if she is an avid Cinderella fan "so this is love", Snow White "you're the fairest of them all" (not a direct quote) those aren't the best choices, but you get my drift.

Best of luck

I cannot wait to hear/see this!!! I am so excited for you (and I don't even know you!). Congrats though on being such a romantic guy and going this for the woman you love!

:) Thank you pjstevens! I've always been a hopeful romantic.

My DF carried the ring in his pocket for three days in the park waiting for the "perfect" time. Anytime I went anywhere NEAR the pocket he slapped my hand away. I had an inkling on what was coming so I thought it was funny!

I don't think you can be too cheesy for a marriage proposal! ;) Just make it better than "here, this is for you!"

IndyBride, that's funny about him swatting you from his pocket. I'm still deciding how I'm gonna hide it (cause we'll have 3 other people with us, so that helps a little). And, you're right - anything's better that "here, this is for you!" :lmao:

Oh, my goodness! You made me cry. What a beautiful thing to think of. I really hope everything goes perfectly for you. You deserve this to be the most special moment of your life so far. And believe me, she will remember it forever. I will never forget having my DH declare his love for me and ask me to marry him. Unfortunately, my response was "Are you sure you want me?" and my now-DH has spent the last 24years of our lives together showing me constantly that he was sure and that he still wants me. I WISH that undying forever devotion and more for you and your love! pixiedust:

Aww, thank you soo much, keenercam! You are soo incredibly kind - you even got me to tear-up! I'm living my dream, and I'm so glad that it's also my reality. I CANNOT wait to tell everyone here about this, once it happens!

I work at Disneyland, which in no way makes me an expert on proposals, but if you tell a cast member - especially a female one, not to be sexest - they will definitely be happy to help you to get everyone to sing. The most excitement we usually get is having someone threaten to sue Disneyland because someone jumped in front of them in line.

There are no engagement buttons, but you might be able to score a couple of j"ust married" buttons and have a cast member cross out married and write engaged. . . or not.

At Disneyland, in order to get a place right in front of the castle for fireworks you have to get there at least an hour early, but I usually suggest right after the parade. Ask a CM for their opinion.

Also, if you see a CM with an earpiece, that's a lead -manager- and that would be the person to talk to if you want to try to get a photo in front of the castle before the fireworks without other guests in the way. If you ask just after they clear out the area in front of the castle you'd have the best chance. They can't allow people to wander around where they might get hit with a firework, so it's pretty rare to get someone to allow this, but for an engagement you might have better luck.

It sounds like you have a great plan and good luck.

About the wording - what you have is perfect. But for the sake of offering a choice: you might also think of quoting her favorite Disney movie. i.e. if she is an avid Cinderella fan "so this is love", Snow White "you're the fairest of them all" (not a direct quote) those aren't the best choices, but you get my drift.

Best of luck

Thanks for the advice, snowhite! It's great to know tips like that - and yes, (not being sexist) but I was planning on approaching a female CM. We'll just have to wait and see! :hyper:

--------------------

Okay, two quick updates:

1) My idea might be getting bigger. I might have a connection in the MK that'll do something "really magical!" :genie: I won't know till later today, but I'll keep you all updated!

2) I asked her parents for their blessing this morning, and they said, enthuastuically, "ABSOLUTELY". I've never felt so much relief in my life!

IT'S ALMOST HERE!! :woohoo:

Haha, DF proposed at a hockey game and almost got caught! We were going through security and I was so awed at being at a new rink I was all wandery-eyed... the security woman made him turn out his pockets, saw the box and then said "OMG, you better put that away!" Of course, I didn't find this out until afterwards, but it was cute to hear he was sweatin' bullets! :lmao:

SPIN - as for your wording, I think its great. I know one of the other girls DFs proposed with something like "In this year of a million dreams, will you make all my dreams come true by becoming my wife?" I thought that was incredibly special and not cheesy in the least. Can't remember who though - if anyone knows, please link her pj!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter