Specific Instructions for Getting a Cindy's PS (Updated Oct 1, 2004)

The original poster had some great tips and hopefully they will be usefull to someone trying to make PS's for Cindy's...

The only thing I'd like to add is that using two cell phone and speed dialing for 3 minutes prior enabled me to get ressies for a party of 20!!!!!

I do have some advice for those trying to snag a PS -- some people have suggested saying "any time" or "whatever's left" rather than asking for a specific time. I think that can work against you because some inexperienced CMs hesitate when you say that, but if you request a specific time that forces them to input it immediately. I believe I read somewhere that they HAVE TO put in a time -- they can't just call up the whole morning's availability. They can't see what's available until they put in a specific time so you might as well give them YOUR time rather than having them pick one. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

WANNAGO and DISNEY4US2002, when I mentioned that Howie's angels reminded me of 'Munchausen's by Proxy' (thanks for clueing me in on the title) I said in the same sentence that I was wasn't comparing the two but that it seemed to smack of the same mentality -- creating or at least contributing to a problem (difficutly getting CRT PSs) and then helping solve it in order to look like a hero.

After four days of dialing and holding on and major disappointment, I finally got thru and I have my CRT ps!!!!

Yesterday, my dd and ds were watching Mulan and my dd for no apparent reason started a conversation about who was their favorite character. My ds said Tarzan, my dd said Cinderella. It almost broke my heart. I told myself I had to try one more time.

So even with this being the beginning of DST, I forced myself to go to bed at 9:00 pm and I reset all of the clocks in the house and left a note out for my dh that the clocks had already been set and I went to bed.

When that alarm clock rang out at 5:50 am (previously 4:50 am), I sprang out of bed and readied myself for the task at hand.

I re-dialed four times before the phone picked up at about 7:00 (according to my clock) and was on hold for about three minutes. When the CM picked up, I almost cried. I got my voice together and asked for CRT. She didn't bother to ask me for a time, she just started typing. I thanked her at least five times! Unfortunately, I didn't get her name. But wherever she is thank you for making my daughter's dream come true.

Thank you Disers for all of the helpful hints and encouragement. Have a great day!

I agree with those who have said don't request a certain time. Whenever I call I say anytime or early as possible. Most times they give me one time, however there has been times when CMs have given several times to pick from.

If you call and say you want a PS for 8:30, they have to pull that time up check to see if it's still open, if it is great, if not, they'll have to ask for another time and start the cycle over. By this time all tables may be gone.

I think this whole Cindy's thing is pure luck. You may call and get a CM that's hyped up and excited about getting you the PS, you may get a CM that's having a bad morning, You may get a new CM that's not sure how the system works.

I guess it might make sense to request a specific time if you're interested in one of the later seatings (~10:00 a.m.) since it sounds like they tend to go in chronological order. Otherwise, saying anytime might be the way to go.

I have heard that the CM's will usually already have a PS pulled up when the phone lines open. It seems they even have a little competition going on to see which CM's can book a Cindy's PS. If you say anytime they can use the one in front of them. Several here and over on the "breakfast Club" have reported the CM's telling them they book Cindy's how long it has been since they have booked one. If they are new they will say how many days they have been there and that the one they just booked is their first.

BTW many of the "angels" have called CRO to make sure the PS's that they have given away can be used. They have been told it does not matter if the persons name matches the name on the PS as long as the "party" tells them the name it is under (having the comformation number wouldn't hurt ). Everyone should just in case have their number anyway. We found that out at 1900 PF. Somehow the name(my name) on our PS and the age of our children was all messed up. If I didn't have the number we probably wouldn't have been able to eat there.

Thanks so much for the info!!! I did get a PS by using your method. Here was my experience ... the guy started asking what time I wanted then he went to get it then he said that they were all gone but that someone would call me back with a PS in about an hour. Not sure what happened but someone did call me back.

I tried again this morning because the 7th is really the day we wanted but didn't have any luck. I agree that there must be a little competition between the CMs to see who can help their customer. The girl this morning didn't pick up till 6:01.

So I got one and I'm not complaining. This is a great place to get educated on Cindy's Breakfast 101.

Thanks!!!

I'm trying starting tomorrow for a ressie for 10 of us! Thanks for the post to help me with my quest!:bounce:

Jacquelyn:D

My daughter is competeing at the AAU Gymnastics championships on June 8-11, and we are staying a full week at PO-FQ. We do not know, yet, what day she will be competing. We used your method to get one reservation this morning for June the 8th. We are trying again tomorrow for the 9th to get one in case she has to compete on the 8th. The method you described worked like a charm this morning. I am going to post my extra reservation on the DIS board once we know her competition day. THANKS-A-MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

Maybe I have just been lucky, but I have never made reservations far in advance for Cinderella's breakfast and have alway's got in. We called the day before from our resort and were given a reservation for the next morning for 5 people. I'm sure they don't fill every slot just from people calling months in advance. Anyhow good luck.:D

Thanks for the advice - we are in on the 9th @ 8:05. We check into POR on the 8th and I will inform them about the PS. Should the early time be a problem?

Wayne

Still trying for a party of 10 June 9-15. I downloaded an atomic clock that shows the time to the seconds!

I have 2 phones dialing the 800 and 407 #'s. The 800 so far had picked up first!

My DH was calling and the CM told him that they have about 500 calls incoming at that golden moment!!

We had 3 princesses and 2 princes! (and 5 adults!)

We would be willing to split up if we need to, in a 5/5, 6/4 close to the same time!

Wish me luck for the next time!!!:bounce:

Jacquelyn:D

When I was in the Cindy's frenzy 2 years ago :rolleyes: (never again), I called and said that I wanted the last possible breakfast PS for the day. He said "I've got 9:45" and before I could even answer, he said "oops...that's gone...how about 9:20? no...that's gone too." It went on like that until I finally blurted out "just book it!" and ended up with an 8:15. So, it would seem as tho they're seeing more than one at a time, altho I don't know if they're seeing the whole schedule.

What happened tho, is that I called again the next day and got a PS for 9:40. :D

I agree with the blurting out your request at the beginning...their "hello" spiel can go on forever. ;)

Also, I used a corded phone that had a base to hit redial and the appropriate buttons...seemed easier than taking the phone away from my ear.

I just want to thank you so much for all your tips, they worked like a charm! I just called and received PS for Cindy's on my birthday!!! This was the first time I tried. I did look at the "official time clock" and started calling at 7:58.30. I got in on the 4 or 5 try. I did let the CM finish her speech and I did ask for any time available. She gave me 8:25. I did not need a credit card to lock in my ressie.

Thanks so much. I'm still in shock I got it on my first attempt!!!:D

I know that this probably isn't as sure a thing but this is how I got mine. We booked our vacation inside the 60 day window so all of the ressies were gone already. I decided that if I could get them I'd be happy and if not I'd try next time. So every time I called to make PSes for something else I'd ask them to check for Cindy's cancellations anytime during the week I'd be there. I called a couple of times a day without becoming obsessed with it. One day the CM said "Oh my goodness, I do!! How about 9:30 on Sunday?" I was so excited I got teary eyed. (My dd is 7 and I know that every year from now on would be a little less magical.) The CM was almost as excited as I was. My advice, Keep trying.

I just wanted to thank you! We used your advice and got in for June 10th. My 7 year old daughter is thrilled! We really appreciate the time you took to post the guidelines for all of us with our own princess wanna be's! :earsgirl:

Julie

Oh I'm so disappointed! I missed getting Cindy's on both of our days -- June 13 and June 14. This is our Honeymoon and I _so_ wanted to go since we were engaged at the Princess Breakfast at Cindy's in 2000.

Does anyone have any extra PS's that they'd share with us for June 13 and 14? It's just 2 people and anytime would be fine.

Marianne

I can't imagine why anyone would beat themselves up to get a PS here. We ate there once and it was TERRIBLE. We left without eating and without paying. Govern yourself accordingly.

Originally posted by Strawman
I can't imagine why anyone would beat themselves up to get a PS here. We ate there once and it was TERRIBLE. We left without eating and without paying. Govern yourself accordingly.
I think the key here is that YOU had the opportunity to eat there and came to your own conclusion. Let's try to understand everyone's desire to experience it themselves and come to their own conclusions. :)

Hhhmmm...you didn't eat and didn't pay...I see you had the full experience! ;)

Good luck everyone! It is fun to eat there at least once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter