Specific Instructions for Getting a Cindy's PS (Updated Oct 1, 2004)

Diznut84

SoCal
After reading a bunch of threads and getting some helpful (but occasionally conflicting) advice, I decided to write a quick "help sheet" for others who are doing the same.

Here is the process I recommend:

1) Determine the date that you can make your Cindy's reservation. Go to the DIS Priority Seating calculator and verify the earliest calling date for the dates that you can attend (90 days prior). Realize that there is a VERY good chance that you will be unsuccessful if you only try once. So plan on getting a PS for early in your trip and if you get it, GREAT. If you don't, you can still try the next morning.

2) Have your credit card ready. Disney now requires a credit card guarantee of $10 per adult and $5 per child. The deposit is refundable if you cancel at least 48 hours prior to your reservation.

3) You should only make reservations using the (407) 939-3463 number. The (800) numbers used for Annual Passholders and other services sometimes have delays (as much as 12 seconds) that will seriously hinder your ability to get a Cindy's PS.

4) Syncronize your clock. Go to the official U.S. time clock for great results. I have DSL at home, so I leave the official U.S. clock up on my screen while calling.

5) Get up and 'at 'em! Begin calling at about 6:58am Eastern time. Plan on calling 10-15 times during this two minute period. The range seems to be picking up between 6:58:30am and 6:59:30am. Some people have successfully tried and used multiple phones to get through.

Please note that there are two possible greetings:
a) <i>Thank you for calling Walt Disney World. Our office is closed...</i> (hang up immediately as soon as you hear the words "Our office" and hit redial immediately).
or
b) <i>Thank you for calling Disney dining. At this time, we are experiencing very high call volume. If you have already arrived for your Magical Walt Disney World Vacation, you may visit any resort or theme park Guest Services location, or the podium at any Walt Disney World restaurant to make your dining Priority Seating arrangements. Thank you for your patience and understanding.</i>

Once you hear option b, you're in and on hold! Do NOT hang up or you may lose any chance of a ressie! Please note that you cannot select any options while this message is being read. You must wait until the word "understanding" is completed.

After this passage is read (i.e. immediately after the word "understanding" is read), immediately hit the number "1" key twice on your phone.

Here are the options that you are skipping:
<i>If you are calling to make a Priority Seating for Victoria and Alberts at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, please press 2. If not, press 1.</i>

<i>If you are calling from the Orlando area, or to make a reservation for within the next seven days, please press 1. If you are calling to make a reservation for your upcoming trip, press 2.</i>

I don't recommend that you select #2 in the second option because if you select it, you will then be asked to give additional information (i.e. how long it has been since you last visited WDW, how many times you have been to WDW in the past four years, your telephone and/or reservation #). You don't have time for these options, so select #1 as directed above to skip them. After hitting the number "1" key twice on your phone pad as described above, the following line will be read:

<i>Thank you for your time and patience. All of our representatives are currently assisting other guests. We look forward to speaking with you momentarily.</i>

Again, do NOT hang up. Wait for the next available CM. You are almost there! Cross your fingers AND toes! :)

6) Upon speaking to a "live person", interrupt the CM and blurt out "I need Cindy's, for **insert date**, for x people, any available time". The CRO rep will understand your temporary rudeness, and you'll make up for it later with endless amounts of gratitude... :) Don't try and pick a specific time. Any delays will seriously hinder your ability to get a PS.

7) Be sure to write down your time and PS #. If your PS is before the park opening, you'll have to present your PS# to get into the park.

Please note that if you can't get a PS for Cinderella's Royal Table, another excellent character breakfast is the Princess Storybook Breakfast at Epcot!

Have any editorial suggestion? Please share!

Good luck to you all!

Thanks for the easy step by step directions - I tried to PS for Cindy's this morning - failure. Wish me luck for tomorrow(or the day after). My 4 yr dd really wants to go.

Good luck to you! I originally failed on Wednesday but was successful today. Now I can sleep in!

LOL gthorson my sentiments exactly! We too had success this morning when Wednesday failed and my 1st thoughts were thank god I can sleep in now! To themeparkcomando maybe you could try again today for June4th and get in as we got 2PS this morning for a party of 12 and called back at 9:30 to cancel the one we didn't need! So maybe they'll have some seats left of the 12. It's worth a try as most give up when sold out for the day and wait to call the next one. Good luck!

For this past Feb's trip I tried three days in a row, with success on the third day. I agree, use the regular 407 number. I had my home phone, my cell phone, and my husband on his cell phone trying to get through. Almost dropped the phone when the CM answered. We got to have breakfast with Cindy on Valentine's Day!

Good luck to all!

I tried again today at 6:59 (5:59 my time) and then again when I recieved the message from DarPa - but no luck. Well it looks like I'm up early again tomorrow, too. What we'll do for our kids!!

I have to say this.. and I know that there is a lot of discussion and disagreement on this... BUT my friend and I have both called all this week to get a Cindy's PS to no avail. I remembered that there was a link to Howie's site (which I had not visited) and I had read something about he and his site helping people with PS's for Cindy's... so I searched for Howie and found his site. I had barely started to navigate when I posted a note about needing help with a ressie for June 1-6 and was SHOCKED when Howie sent a note to tell me that he had one for June 1!!! I could not believe it! It might have been a whole 5 minutes later!

Howie does not make you 'subscribe' to his board.. you do not have to have an ID or Password... you do not need a 'profile' (unless I missed something LOL) As far as I can tell, there is no charge for what he is doing.....

Moral to the story...

If you need help with a PS.. ask for it.

It is quite a wonderful thing that He and 'his angels' are doing over there! IMHO

Yes, it's wonderful that they're intentionally grabbing extra PS times, thereby decreasing the likelihood that folks will score a PS on their own and have to ask an 'angel' to help them. What's that syndrome where someone nearly causes another person's death just so they can revive them and be a hero? Obviously not comparing the severity of the two, but the pathology might be the same.

I heard a rumor that they might start requiring a credit card to hold reservations for CRT. Do angels use credit cards?

I have to agree that WDW should require a credit card for Cindy's breakfast and perhaps patio seating at Rose n Crown for Illuminations, like they now currently do for the Flowers Brunch and other specialty or holiday dining.

I also believe the great majority of guests making PS for Cindy's are actually the families that will be dining there. Having a credit card hold their "reservations" would discourage the "squatters" and it still would not discourage family members or even close friends in making the calls for ressies along with or instead of the family hoping to dine there. I'm sure that one credit card could be used to hold the ressie - and you can decide how to pay for breakfast when you get there. The card would only be charged it there is a no-show and no cancellation by the cc holder.

Other strategies that should be mentioned along with gthorson's excellent instructions:

booking thru a travel company that assists with PS arrangements
staying in concierge at a delux resort for all or part of your stay
checking back for any cancelled PS's when making your other PS arrangements (never hurts to ask)
trying again at check in at your resort
arriving very early at the park gates and asking those checking in those early PS for any availabilty
checking with the podium at Cindy's in person for that day when in MK or for any availability during your stay

- just my 2 cents
LA

There are two sides to every story.

Disney also called me about having a # of Cindy's PSs booked. They only called to make sure that they were going to be used. I talked to 2 managers and told both of them that NONE of the PSs were for me. I told them that I had called to help others get a PS. I asked them if they wanted me to cancel them since they were not for me, they said NO. I asked them if I could have the names on them changed, they said NO. They said they were only calling to make sure that SOMEONE would show up for the breakfast. They also asked me to call back and cancel if I found out that any of the families would not be attending the breakfast.

These calls took place last Friday. Since then I've 2 other families get PSs. If Disney had a major problem with this they would have put a stop to it a long time ago.

This thread was started by someone trying to help provide instructions on obtaining PSs for Cindy's, which is quite a popular topic. PLEASE keep it about that--not about Howie or multiples PSs for Cindys or whatever. As we said earlier in the week, if you want to debate that, we do have a debate board and you are free to start up the topic there. But this board is for trip planning.

Thanks! :)

Just an FYI I found on another WDW board, guess this will stop howie & his so called angels

. Just got this from the CRO manual:

Effective June 1, 2002, all reservations for Cinderella's breakfast will require a credit card deposit, in full, at the time of booking. The charge will be fully refundable if the reservation is cancelled within 7 days of the Priority Seating. Otherwise, it will be charged in full. As "eatertainment" we have a right to treat this with the same no refund policy as dinner theater venues. Full refund instructions have been added to Sec. 243.6.

Looks like we've have some success here!

gthorson

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I was going to start one and ask the same question that you just answered.

Im debating whether to get a ressie for Cindy's since it's my 30th birthday and I thought it would be fun, but I really don't want to take a seat from a little "princess" who has her heart set on going.

I'm going to try to call using your tips on 4/13. If I get it, I get it. If not, I know some little girl is happy there in my seat!

Thanks for the tips!

My dd will graduate from kdg on 6/1 and we (dh, dd, ds and I) are going to WDW to celebrate. She absolutely adores Cinderella and I thought that it would be so nice to have breakfast at the castle. For three straight days, I have been calling (and calling and calling) at 6:58 am and I have had no luck!

This morning, the redial button got me though at about 6:59. The guy that picked up the phone sounded like he had just rolled out of his bed! He spoke in SLOW MOTION. I let him finish his greeting (which was probably my biggest mistake) and I asked him for CRT reservations and he said (in slow motion) oooooohhh, weeeeeee're sooooold ouuuut.

Darn. Then I went back a day, then two days (because I know that sometimes reservations are cancelled, etc.) No luck! So I finally asked for 1900 Park Faire for 6/3. He then proceeds to book a reservation for 6/5. After I politely correct him, he re-did my reservation. I am a little bummed about it. But on the other hand, I will get to see the Grand Floridian--one of the resorts that we admired on our last trip down.

Okay, I've calmed down. I think that I will call back and try to get lunch reservations at the castle--it's not the same, but at least it will be in the castle. And, if we are lucky maybe just maybe she will get to see at least one character.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Quoted by Pete W. "What's that syndrome where someone nearly causes another person's death just so they can revive them and be a hero?"

That's called Munchausen's by Proxy and don't you think that's a bit absurd comparing THAT to getting a PS for Cindy's breakfast? Give me a break!

Good luck to all those callers looking!

Carla, who is still willing to help anyone call. Just ask me or PM.

gthorson, thank you for this informative and helpful thread. It was well thought out and took me step-by-step thru the dialing process. You are very nice to take the time to post.

I wanted to make sure you realized there are people on this board who, while not as vocal as others may be, do really appreciate the information people are willing to share.

Moderator Dopeygirl, thank you for monitoring this thread, keeping it on topic and erasing the post by pjmaf44.

Landof10000Lakes

Today I was successful in getting a PS for CRT. My question is that It (the time of my PS) is for before the park opens. I am staying on property for the first time and wish to know
1. How do I get there? Are the busses running early like at 7:00 am
2. How do it get into the park early?
3. If I arrive really early can we walk around the park and take pictures when hardly anyone there?

Thanks so much for everyone’s help

Melissa

Well, after the third day in a row calling I GOT A PS!!. I tries the multiple phone trick, suggested earlier. I had two cell phones and stared at 7:57. on my third try I got right through ( No wait) and made a PS for 8:05. Thanks for all the tips, I knew something would help. I had to give more information than with my Breakfastasaurus PS. They wanted phone#, but no credit card#.

Melissa, the reservationist told me to arrange transpotation with the CM upon check in.

I really think they should have a "Princess Lunch". It would really help with the hoops we are jumping through now and I'm sure it would fill up, too.

Pete W.. that was pretty rough. I guess that I knew that I was setting myself up, but I wouldn't have expected someone to compare a PS at Cindy's to causing someone to die!!! Geesh already!

Anyhow... The way that I see it is a lot less complicated than other folks might be seeing this. I DID try consistantly to get a PS for Cindy's. I want to take my DD and friend's DD to CRT. Howie and his angels somehow manage a 'PS warehouse' in which 'extra ps' ressies aren't cancelled, but instead passed on to folks in need... and who speak up. I don't have a problem with Howie's system.. in fact, it isn't a bad idea. If me and my friend both would have wound up with a PS for the same morning, I could give it to Howie to pass on to someone that has said that they need one for said morning. If I need help getting a PS for a paticular morning, I could speak up and instead of just 2 of us calling, there might be 5-6 folks calling for my ps... that isn't a bad idea IMHO..

If you need help, ask for it - that is the way that I see it.

I plan to continue to call for a PS and if I am so lucky to get one, I will give it to Howie to give to someone that needs it, after all.. he gave a PS to me since I needed it.

There is a movie that you should watch.. Pay it forward

The thread started with specific instructions for calling CRO for CRT ps's.. the instructions were perfectly written and very valuable..thank you. I am sorry for taking this thread off track

happy calling

Originally posted by Dopeygirl
This thread was started by someone trying to help provide instructions on obtaining PSs for Cindy's, which is quite a popular topic. PLEASE keep it about that--not about Howie or multiples PSs for Cindys or whatever.

I'm confused....which part of this post is unclear? :confused:

Now everyone kindly think before you post again to this thread....keep it on topic please, it will <i>not</i> be allowed to degenerate into yet another public argument.

Thanks everyone!

Penny :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter