Special first time trip

Twolittleewoks

Earning My Ears
my husband and I will be going on a Disney cruise in July for our 5 year wedding anniversary. He has never gone on a vacation before, and this is going to be our "late honeymoon". I'm wondering if there is anything special we can do or request for our trip?
Thanks so much for any ideas or info :earsboy:

my husband and I will be going on a Disney cruise in July for our 5 year wedding anniversary. He has never gone on a vacation before, and this is going to be our "late honeymoon". I'm wondering if there is anything special we can do or request for our trip?

Do you have a verendah? If you do you can join the verendah club

My DH and I did our first cruise without kids to celebrate our anniversary!!! Happy anniversary!!! Great gifts and amenities that pp posted a link for. We did a cake in the dining room (wont do it again as we asked for a certain one and paid for it and it ended up being the same one everyone orders online). Our Palo waiter also brought us a plate that had a chocolate sauce and Happy Anniversary was written out in this chocolate. Cute I thought. Just enjoy your time together!

Which ship are you sailing on and which itinerary?

Here are my suggestions:

-Book a verandah cabin

-Book a package with Prosecco so you can "cheer" on your verandah as you leave port (so romantic)...

-They also have a special package with a bottle of sparkling wine, a rose, chocolates and bathrobes...

-Palo or Palo Brunch (nice sunset view at night).

-Dinner at Remy (if you can afford it and if it's available on the ship you picked, by far the best meals I've ever had)

-If you enjoy the spa, book at least a Rainforest day pass (or a Couple's treat if you can afford it)

If your itinerary includes Castaway Cay:
-Try to book a cabana at Serenity Bay if you can afford it and if it's available (they are rarely available but you might be luckier if you sail on smaller ships).

-Take advantage of Serenity Bay a lot.

We have done our 15th, 20th, & 25th anniversaries on DCLs.
You can be as busy as you want to be or as relaxed as you choose to be.
These ships were built with the whole family in mind so you can be away from the children on-board if you so choose. On our first DCL we were told there were over 1,000 under 16 on-board and we never would have guessed.
If you choose the 2nd seating for the MDRs, you will encounter fewer children during the meals.
As PP suggested, make use of CC-SB as it is the CC adults only beach. Adults only does not mean nude.

We are sailing aboard the Disney Wonder on July 10, going to Alaska from Vancouver.
We don't have a Verandah, but I've been thinking of upgrading if that's an option. We cannot book any extras until April 11th, but dinner at Palo and doing something at the Spa is on the top of our lists :)
When you book with Palo, will there be an option to request anything special?
Thanks so much everyone ⚓️❤

If this is the first time he has ever done any vacation just stick with the included items. Everything onboard should be magical for someone coming with no previous experiences.

My DH and I did our first cruise without kids to celebrate our anniversary!!! Happy anniversary!!! Great gifts and amenities that pp posted a link for. We did a cake in the dining room (wont do it again as we asked for a certain one and paid for it and it ended up being the same one everyone orders online). Our Palo waiter also brought us a plate that had a chocolate sauce and Happy Anniversary was written out in this chocolate. Cute I thought. Just enjoy your time together!

We also had the plate in Palo...such fun!!!

DSC09062.JPG

It also can't hurt to have it noted on your reservation that you are celebrating a honeymoon and to wear a button that mentions what your celebrating....like the WDW I am celebrating......blank.

There is another cool new site I found that has different buttons...so far for WDW/Disneyland but they be able to do custom ones.

http://www.myparkflair.bigcartel.com/products

I follow them on instagram and love all their new designs for buttons and apparel.

MJ

Last edited:
Make sure you have the "honeymoon/anniversary" noted on your reservation. That is about the only way you may get extra pixie-dust. As others have mentioned, you can certainly add your own special touch with ordering a cake or champagne or adult dining or spa or excursion or whatever. But those will be at your expense and you will need to do the requesting.

As to your question about Palo, I don't believe there is anything you can specifically request in advance for your Palo dinner. The special plate as some mentioned will just happen (or not) due to the notation on your reservation and your server.

Happy anniversary and enjoy your late honeymoon cruise!

Make sure you have the "honeymoon/anniversary" noted on your reservation. That is about the only way you may get extra pixie-dust. As others have mentioned, you can certainly add your own special touch with ordering a cake or champagne or adult dining or spa or excursion or whatever. But those will be at your expense and you will need to do the requesting.

As to your question about Palo, I don't believe there is anything you can specifically request in advance for your Palo dinner. The special plate as some mentioned will just happen (or not) due to the notation on your reservation and your server.

Happy anniversary and enjoy your late honeymoon cruise!
Thanks so much! How do you note it in your reservation?
We are so so excited!!
Everyone's help on here has been muchly appreciated.

If you booked directly with DCL -- just call and ask them to make a note. If you booked with a TA, that TA may need to make that contact for you.

Congrats and enjoy your cruise!

We are sailing aboard the Disney Wonder on July 10, going to Alaska from Vancouver.
We don't have a Verandah, but I've been thinking of upgrading if that's an option. We cannot book any extras until April 11th, but dinner at Palo and doing something at the Spa is on the top of our lists :)
When you book with Palo, will there be an option to request anything special?
Thanks so much everyone ⚓️❤

What is the "anything special" you have in mind?

Because if you mention that you are celebrating something, they might bring you a little surprise or two. We've had the plate... but if I remember correctly we've also received a special granita or something once.

Book brunch and/or dinner at Palo. It's fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter