South Carolina's Lowcountry?: A Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort Trip Report!

Did you make it?

We did! Checked in around 7:00pm on Friday. It's gorgeous!!

I hope you are having a great trip! Can't wait to read about it.

We're having a blast. I didn't expect to be so busy with activities, yet relaxed. I actually went almost the whole trip being disconnected from the internet. Pics and trip report soon!

Can't wait to hear all about it! HHI is one of our favorite places- we are heading back next August for the first time in several years- miss it there so much, such a wonderful spot!

This is a place that I hope we can revisit in the future. I love it!!

Yummy! I'm there! The Dole Whip is "Calling Me"...:goodvibes

Contemplating HHI May, 2015! Brother In law just got back from HHI(Marriott Owners) and LOVED IT!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Said that is was SOOOOO Relaxing...:thumbsup2:dance3:

Yummy! I'm there! The Dole Whip is "Calling Me"...:goodvibes Contemplating HHI May, 2015! Brother In law just got back from HHI(Marriott Owners) and LOVED IT!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Said that is was SOOOOO Relaxing...:thumbsup2:dance3:

It's been 15 months since my last Dole Whip...too long! It was so good.
I totally recommend May--We've had the absolute best weather and it's still not crowded yet. :)

5.14.14-Checked out this morning :( One last farewell to the resort. Trip report to follow soon!

I like the shirt, I'm assuming they have them in the gift shop?

5/9/2014
Arrival & Check-in

We were scheduled to fly out from Newark Airport (EWR) with United Airlines at 9:00am and connect in Chicago O'Hare (ORD), but due to bad weather in the northeast, we were delayed and missed our second flight. We were lucky enough to be bumped onto the next flight heading to Savannah (SAV), so we decided to have a long sit-down lunch at Johnny Rockets to fill the gap. Around 6:00pm, we safely arrived in Georgia, grabbed our bags, rented a car, and drove up to Hilton Head Island. By the time we pulled into the resort, the sun was beginning to set. I instantly fell in love with what I saw. :) We were officially on island-time and vacation mode set in!

Driving over the resort bridge

The Live Oak Lodge / Check-in

Check-in went smoothly and quickly. Our packet was waiting for us on the counter when we arrived. We were given a map of the resort, received a list of restaurant recommendations, and left donning big smiles and our 'First Visit' buttons. We went back to the car and drove down to find our villa.

View of the marina behind the parking lot

We were placed in building 20, about halfway down the resort drive. It didn't have the idyllic marsh view I was dreaming of, but I found the location to be the perfect distance between the Live Oak Lodge and The Mercantile. We were in room 2022, a 2-bedroom villa, which was on the second floor.

I was ecstatic to see that our villa was newly renovated and freshly decorated. Chris and I claimed the king bedroom and my parents took the room with two queens. We split up to explore the place and to unpack. I quickly fell even deeper in love. Just look how amazing this place is:

King bedroom

Mickey!

Recreating our Disney's Vero Beach tub picture

Living Room

Kitchen

Hall with laundry / leading into the second bedroom

Disney magic on the hall bench

Second bedroom

View from our deck

By this time, it was getting late and we were exhausted. We knew we didn't want to go out and have any kind of heavy dinner, so we opted to go to the nearby Kroger grocery store to gather some supplies. This new store is open 24-hours and literally the next plaza up from the resort (about a 3 minute drive).

After some light shopping, we had some snacks and then went to bed. We were wiped from a tiring travel day, but couldn't wait to see what our first full day at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort had in store for us! :goodvibes

To be continued…

Love your photos and TR so far....the new decor is beautiful!

We were there in 2012 and we are planning to visit next summer.

We are from NJ, but drove last time and will drive again. How long was it to fly, having to fly north and then south to get there ....were there not direct flights?
Curious?:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter