Sounds You Can Still Hear In Your Mind

The sound of a dial-up modem connecting to the internet.
Full service gas stations that had a bell hose on the ground in front of the pumps to alert the attendant that a customer drove up. (In front of pump on right.) Home movie film projector.
The sound a desktop calculator made when printing.

The sound of a rotary dial phone

The sounds if crickets at night.

Rewinding/fast forwarding a cassette tape and the click of the buttons to stop/play/record.

The sound a VCR made when the tape was ejected.

The sound (and smell) of the mimeograph machine.

The sound of a vinyl record dropping from the stack onto the turntable and the tone arm swinging over and the needle touching down. The sound of the needle hitting the end of the record.
The sound of Tinkerbell “ringing her little bells” telling me to turn the page in the book that went with the record.

Wow, All of these... and you brought back some memories I hadn't thought about in a long time, especially the mimeograph machine and the Little Golden Books on records with the chimes 'or whatever' sound to tell you when to turn the page. I listened to those for hours as a kid.
The old dot matrix printers.
The PacMan game.

Oh, thought of another.... the sound of ice breaking when you are skating. That's crystal clear despite the 35 years between then and now.

A Train Whistle. I worked at Astroworld (a Six Flags Theme Park in Houston) in HS. During the spring when it was open weekends only I worked Friday 4-1 AM, Saturday 6 AM till 1 AM, and Sunday 6 AM till 11 PM. I was crazy! I would get so tired that when I laid down to sleep I heard the train whistle in my head over and over again. To this day (I am 59) when I get very tired and drowsy I still hear that whistle.

A Train Whistle. I worked at Astroworld (a Six Flags Theme Park in Houston) in HS. During the spring when it was open weekends only I worked Friday 4-1 AM, Saturday 6 AM till 1 AM, and Sunday 6 AM till 11 PM. I was crazy! I would get so tired that when I laid down to sleep I heard the train whistle in my head over and over again. To this day (I am 59) when I get very tired and drowsy I still hear that whistle.

I worked just a few weeks in the “Western” part of a Six Flags in 1983, and I can still hear the theme to The Good The Bad & The Ugly over & over in my head.

Lord help those who work It’s A Small World.

I wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the lambs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter