Sounds You Can Still Hear In Your Mind

RedAngie

Sea Level Lady
The sound of a dial-up modem connecting to the internet.

aol.jpg

Manually processing credit card payments by using this device.

81i7F%2Bef9SL._SX425_.jpg

Full service gas stations that had a bell hose on the ground in front of the pumps to alert the attendant that a customer drove up. (In front of pump on right.)

photo_gallery_clip_image001_0026.jpg

Home movie film projector.

KodakHiMatBWeb.jpg

The sound a desktop calculator made when printing.

51opJI3eCZL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

The 40,000lb load of scrap that came uncoupled from the truck next door.

The truck that hit a deer a couple weeks ago.

Dodge/Plymouth starters in the 70’s.

The sound of a rotary dial phone

This was what I was going to lead with :)

Tinny sound of a football(Houston Oilers) game on the radio as we would drive home from my grandmothers. Also the tinny sound of a Nascar race on the radio :)

The squawk of the CB radio ( My Dad was the Texas Tarpon and when we would get atop of the rise on the causeway going to grandmas he would call for my uncle The Blue Norther :))

The swoosh of an 8-track going in and out of the player.

Gears grinding of a stick shift.

The click of of the channel knob on the tv. Along with the fuzz between the 3 channels we had!!

They've got one of those gas stations on Sanibel that looks straight out of the 40's/50's and dings when you pull in! We saw it a few weeks ago, it was cool.
For me that sound of of the two AM stations out of Philly remind me of my childhood....News Radio 1060 and WWDB, which coincidentally was my eldest sons first "word".

As a kid, laying in bed Saturday mornings in bed listening the lawnmovers in our subdivison mowing and propeller planes flying in the distance.

The sounds if crickets at night in August ( where I now live there are none)

The belltower ringing by the hour at my grandparents.

I'll never forget the sound my poor little guy (dog) made when he got attacked by another dog in our yard. I'll never understand how people can be so irresponsible with their pets and the sound of his suffering is something I don't think I'll ever forget. I was right there and it happened so fast and was so intense there wasn't a thing I could do. It happened in a flash. I miss him so, so much.

I'll never forget the sound my poor little guy (dog) made when he got attacked by another dog in our yard. I'll never understand how people can be so irresponsible with their pets and the sound of his suffering is something I don't think I'll ever forget. I was right there and it happened so fast and was so intense there wasn't a thing I could do. It happened in a flash. I miss him so, so much.

I had a neighbor's dog kill my 13 year old cat right before my eyes years ago. I feel your pain....:hug:

Just for Disney :mickeyjum

The Southwest bell.

The Disney ships' horn (When You Wish Upon A Star).

The little toots on the resort boats at WDW.

The Electric Water Pageant, the Monorail. Illuminations

Ride songs and sounds - Splash Mountain music, people screaming going down the hill and the splash of the water, etc.

My mother's death rattle the last 24 hours of her life. I never understood what they meant by "death rattle" until that day.

I remember the same. It only lasted a couple of hours with mama but it is a sound I will never forget. I miss her so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!