Something is happening near the pool!!!

just watch out. There is a rule that is not posted anywhere, that you need to be UNDER 48" to use the splash zone.

just watch out. There is a rule that is not posted anywhere, that you need to be UNDER 48" to use the splash zone.

Not posted, and not enforced (so far, anyway). There were folks of a wide range of sizes, both length and girth, going down the kiddie slide last weekend. Mostly, it was just little kids, and the larger ones were generally the parents that the kids wanted to come down too. I saw at least one parent that I was sure was going to get stuck, but she did make it down :rotfl2:.

Not posted, and not enforced (so far, anyway). There were folks of a wide range of sizes, both length and girth, going down the kiddie slide last weekend. Mostly, it was just little kids, and the larger ones were generally the parents that the kids wanted to come down too. I saw at least one parent that I was sure was going to get stuck, but she did make it down :rotfl2:.

oh that would be me if I tried lol I can see the headline now.
Jaws of life needed to free canuck from kiddie pool slide at Fort.
:rotfl2:

We had to check out on 5/23 so the kids never got to see the new splash pad :sad2:
However, we did go to aquatica. I must say, this is the best waterpark I have ever seen for kids ages 2 and up. I would highly recommend this park for younger kids.

Splash Zone Pictures on 5/24

DisneyMemorialDay058.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay059.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay060.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay061.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay062.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay064.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay065.jpg

DisneyMemorialDay067.jpg

Oh, nice pics Carol! I especially like the rule that the splash zone is just for CAMPGROUND guests... keep those cabin folks over at the Swimmin' Hole pool where they belong :rolleyes1

I'm just kidding! Y'all can use our pool whenever you want! LOL

:santa:

I thought I would share this anecdote about the pool upgrade. The last time we went to Disney was 5 years ago. Our kids were 2, 4, and 6 then, and we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. The kids LOVED the slide at WL, and the two older kids remembered the pool as being especially great. We've been at FW for a week and a half now, and decided to pay our respects to the hotel we stayed in last time. We took a look at the pool, and both boys thought the slide looked lame, in comparison with the one at FW. They thought the FW pool was MUCH better. My wife and I both thought the hot tub at FW was better too.

Look for invasions from the WL soon :cool1:.

Oh, nice pics Carol! I especially like the rule that the splash zone is just for CAMPGROUND guests... keep those cabin folks over at the Swimmin' Hole pool where they belong :rolleyes1

I'm just kidding! Y'all can use our pool whenever you want! LOL

:santa:

:lmao: I had to read that sign a couple of times! I was getting a little upset!

I am so excited! I just read through this whole thread, and I am so happy the pool has been upgraded just before our trip to FW cabins this July. :goodvibes

My DD is going to love it:thumbsup2

Thanks to everyone who posted all the pics.

The TCD gang made a quick visit to the Fort on 5/28/09. I will start a little thread about some of the things we saw that afternoon, but here are the obligatory pool and splash zone photos. Not much different from clkelley's but I do have a couple of things of minor interest to point out. So, here you go:

Approaching from the bridge behind the Meadow Trading Post, you can see that some of the construction fencing is still up, so they are not quite done with the project:

FW52809046.jpg

I am pleased to see that the sidewalk will apparently remain in place. When the fences come down, this sidewalk will go around the perimeter of the pool, and all the way to the footbridge to the 1500 loop.

The golf cart parking area still has bike racks in it. It looks like this may be a permanent situation. As you can see, someone parked a cart here anyway:

FW52809047.jpg

FW52809048.jpg

Here you can see that there is now loose river rock in place on the outside of the splash zone fence, and there is a gate here. This gate, and the one on the other side, are controlled with a magnetic latch. This one was set so the latch would not operate. I'm not sure if that will normally be the case, or it was locked because the work isn't quite done:

FW52809049.jpg

Here's a look at the river rock, and a drain, and something else in the ground outside the splash zone:

FW52809051.jpg

The new equipment is now enclosed with a fence, as clkelley's photos show. But, you can still hold a camera over the fence to see what they have back there. See?:

FW52809050.jpg

FW52809055.jpg

That is a lot of stuff to operate the splash zone. This apparently will be running during the time the splash zone is open, which appears to be from 10 am to 10 pm daily.

Here are some folks enjoying the splash zone:

FW52809052.jpg

FW52809053.jpg

FW52809054.jpg

Looks like fun, right? Anybody see anything wrong in the photo? Me neither. These kids seemed to be having fun. Well, right after I snapped these photos, a young female lifeguard came over and told the kids to get out, because this area was for kids under 5! The sign the clkelley posted a photo of above says that children under 12 must be supervised by an adult. That would certainly suggest that children up to 12, and maybe over 12, can use the splash zone. So, what's up with this lifeguard? I don't know. But, I don't see anything wrong with kids over 5 using this stuff. In fact, I would say some kids under 5 shouldn't even be using this stuff, because they could get hurt. It seems like maybe they are already having problems with rough housing on the splash zone equipment, and they are arbitrarily limiting its use. Not so good.

Anybody remember the long metal pipe and big white pipes that were previously photographed? Well, none of that amounted to much. Here is the area where that work was going on:

FW52809056.jpg

If you look at the pavement here, you can see where they patched what they dug up to run the pipe across the asphalt:

FW52809057.jpg

It looks like that metal pipe was, indeed, a gas line, because this is what is in the area of where it terminated:

FW52809058.jpg

FW52809059.jpg

FW52809060.jpg

FW52809061.jpg

So, there must be a heater over there in the splash zone equipment, and the splash zone water will be heated.

I have a few more pool and splash zone photos, which I will post in just a sec.

TCD

More photos from 5/28/09 (notice no kids enjoying the splash zone because the mean lifeguard chased them away):

FW52809062.jpg

FW52809063.jpg

FW52809064.jpg

FW52809065.jpg

FW52809066.jpg

FW52809067.jpg

FW52809068.jpg

FW52809069.jpg

FW52809070.jpg

FW52809071.jpg

FW52809072.jpg

FW52809073.jpg

FW52809074.jpg

FW52809075.jpg

FW52809076.jpg

FW52809077.jpg

And, here are a couple of the pool. Is it me, or has the tower sprung a new leak?:

FW52809078.jpg

FW52809079.jpg

That's all the pool and splash zone pics I have for now. This thread needs to stay alive until the construction fences come down. I think they are about done, but who knows?

TCD

The TCD gang made a quick visit to the Fort on 5/28/09. I will start a little thread about some of the things we saw that afternoon, but here are the obligatory pool and splash zone photos. Not much different from clkelley's but I do have a couple of things of minor interest to point out. So, here you go:

Approaching from the bridge behind the Meadow Trading Post, you can see that some of the construction fencing is still up, so they are not quite done with the project:

I am pleased to see that the sidewalk will apparently remain in place. When the fences come down, this sidewalk will go around the perimeter of the pool, and all the way to the footbridge to the 1500 loop.

The golf cart parking area still has bike racks in it. It looks like this may be a permanent situation. As you can see, someone parked a cart here

FW52809048.jpg

Here you can see that there is now loose river rock in place on the outside of the splash zone fence, and there is a gate here. This gate, and the one on the other side, are controlled with a magnetic latch. This one was set so the latch would not operate. I'm not sure if that will normally be the case, or it was locked because the work isn't quite done:

FW52809049.jpg

Here's a look at the river rock, and a drain, and something else in the ground outside the splash zone:

FW52809051.jpg

The new equipment is now enclosed with a fence, as clkelley's photos show. But, you can still hold a camera over the fence to see what they have back there. See?:

FW52809050.jpg

FW52809055.jpg

That is a lot of stuff to operate the splash zone. This apparently will be running during the time the splash zone is open, which appears to be from 10 am to 10 pm daily.

Here are some folks enjoying the splash zone:

FW52809052.jpg

FW52809053.jpg

FW52809054.jpg

Looks like fun, right? Anybody see anything wrong in the photo? Me neither. These kids seemed to be having fun. Well, right after I snapped these photos, a young female lifeguard came over and told the kids to get out, because this area was for kids under 5! The sign the clkelley posted a photo of above says that children under 12 must be supervised by an adult. That would certainly suggest that children up to 12, and maybe over 12, can use the splash zone. So, what's up with this lifeguard? I don't know. But, I don't see anything wrong with kids over 5 using this stuff. In fact, I would say some kids under 5 shouldn't even be using this stuff, because they could get hurt. It seems like maybe they are already having problems with rough housing on the splash zone equipment, and they are arbitrarily limiting its use. Not so good.

Anybody remember the long metal pipe and big white pipes that were previously photographed? Well, none of that amounted to much. Here is the area where that work was going on:

FW52809056.jpg

If you look at the pavement here, you can see where they patched what they dug up to run the pipe across the asphalt:

FW52809057.jpg

It looks like that metal pipe was, indeed, a gas line, because this is what is in the area of where it terminated:

FW52809058.jpg

FW52809059.jpg

So, there must be a heater over there in the splash zone equipment, and the splash zone water will be heated.

I have a few more pool and splash zone photos, which I will post in just a sec.

TCD
Over the Memorial Day weekend, I parked my cart on the river rock and walked right in the gate that you find is now locked.

Thanks for the pictures!

I hope they change their mind about under 5. That splash zone looks just too inviting, my kids (8 & 12) will be bummed :(

Maybe they will get lots of complaints about that?

I agree about the age. It is a shame that a few have to ruin it for everyone. My daughter is 8 and she would play appropriately on the equipment. IMO, no matter what age if you are using it correctly, it shouldnt be a problem!!

Thanks for the pictures!

I hope they change their mind about under 5. That splash zone looks just too inviting, my kids (8 & 12) will be bummed :(

Maybe they will get lots of complaints about that?

I agree about the age. It is a shame that a few have to ruin it for everyone. My daughter is 8 and she would play appropriately on the equipment. IMO, no matter what age if you are using it correctly, it shouldnt be a problem!!

I agree completely :) If that rule is in effect when we are there I will complain - and I'm really not a chronic complainer ;)

I don't think you could miss the fact that an adult was supervising these three children, who from what I saw, were all getting along nicely, when the life guard came and threw them out. There is no rule posted saying that the splash zone is for children 5 or younger. These kids looked like they were somewhere between 10 and 12 years old. I think this type of equipment is perfect for them. If it had been me and my kids that the lifeguard was trying to throw out, I would have asked to speak to her boss. There is no reason to reserve this area for children 5 and under.

TCD

I have noticed in other pictures of the Splash Zone children who appear to be over 5 enjoying themselves. Once again there appears to be confusion amoungst the cast members over what the rules are. I agree with you TCD I would have asked for a supervisor and an explanation of why this rule is not posted but enforced.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter