Something is happening near the pool!!!

FWVacJuly09079.jpg

I refuse to let this thread die. It has been way too informative and entertaining.

Here is a unique take on the new slide. It makes you feel like you're there! (Ignore the message about the video being moved or deleted)

DW kept saying I was too old to go on the slide, they'd never let me on. Ha! I showed her, several times. In fact there were just as many adults as kids on the slide. It sure was hard staying upright for the ride. The slide has great water flow at the top which produces a nice current at the end. One note, don't wear regular jeans on the slide. DS couldn't find his suit so he opted to wear shorts. He got stuck halfway down and wouldn't ya know I didn't have my camera that time. :lmao:

Here are some more pics.
P1010274.jpg

P1010278.jpg

P1010285.jpg

P1010427.jpg

That looks awesome! My last trip to the Fort was about a week before they opened the slide, so I haven't been down it yet. Will get to on Thanksgiving Day, but until then this will keep me going!

[
Here is a unique take on the new slide. It makes you feel like you're there!

Click here

My ODS loved the video... he Loved the slide, and is dying to go back!

FWPoolSpool-1.jpg

I know we have seen this before but has anyone found out what it is there for?

I know it's a hose reel like those used on some fire trucks to hold a hundred feet or so of 1" hose. Didn't an earlier picture show it up close with housekeeping or maintenance painted on the side? I wonder if eventually they will put the hose on it and use it to wash down the concrete around the pool.

I know it's a hose reel like those used on some fire trucks to hold a hundred feet or so of 1" hose. Didn't an earlier picture show it up close with housekeeping or maintenance painted on the side? I wonder if eventually they will put the hose on it and use it to wash down the concrete around the pool.

I think you're right.

Here's the earlier photo that stpetedisney dad was thinking of:

fw709027.jpg

This looks like a hose reel. It seems to be bolted in place. I have never seen a hose on it. :confused3

Here is something interesting that DznyRulz caught in one of his photos:

P1010285.jpg

It looks like the "leak" in the tower has moved! You can see the old hole to the left of the one that the water is coming out of in Chris' photo. The water stream used to go out into the pool, now it kind of hits the pool edge. I don't know why they repositioned it, but they did.

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter